Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

honda 250 ex

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
big red don

PostSubject: honda 250 ex   Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:37 pm

Was able to trade around and got my wife an '04 Honda 250 EX. Its still all stock. Its gonna need new rear meats soon. it'll be great for her though. no clutch, lite weight, and easy to move around.
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:07 pm

You will find that its a fast little machine. My wife rides one and it goes where the big boys go. You can buy all kinds of aftermarket parts from pipes to cams. Skids and alot of other things. She loves hers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:17 pm

It doesn't like to start in this cold weather. Tried to start it today and it fired a few times but wouldn't run. I think it needs a tune up.
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:17 pm

You are right. It needs the carb cleaned and new plug. It should start pretty easy. Gas might be old. Those little motors are tough. We are getting ready to put a bigger carb on Yoshi's. Going to a 26mm carb instead of the 22mm. There is a company that makes a big bore kit for it that raises the compression ratio to 10.6 to 1. Also increase the size from a 229cc to 246.3cc using the stock sleeve. The companys name is Powroll. They specialize in Honda engines. Anytime you need some help on it let me know. I'll do what I can. Smile
Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:35 pm

Thanks i just might take you up on that. :pirat:
Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Need help! I got some new rear meats for mits 250ex. I started her up today to move it to level ground to change the new wheels and tires. It ran good for this. Changed the wheels and tires and went to start up and take a test ride and it fired and ran a second and died. tried again and that was it. Started messin with the fuel and air mixture screws to see if that would help and it did for a second and then the same. So I need to know what the factory settings are for the little carb, (you know how many turns out and all). I'm gonna take it off again and clean it and hope that helps a little but I need to know where to set the air and fuel screws.
I hope you can help me Powerbomb. scratch
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Powerbomb is the man on those Honda's but you may also want to try www.bikebandit.com

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:21 am

Tried bkebandit, had a good list of parts but not the info on what to do with them. Anyone have a repair manual for a 250ex or recon? Don't have the funds for one myself just yet.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:30 pm

You may want to try this forum out.

Red Quads

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 am

On the air mixture screw I believe its 1.5 turns out. Start with the fuel line. Pull it off and make sure that it getting fuel. Then check you spark plug. Put the gap at .030 to .040. The air mixture screw is in the front pointing upwards. The screw on the side is the idle screw. Also make sure you didn't hit the kill switch on the handle bars. The spark plug could have fouled if it had old gas in it. If you see this I'm at work and I'll check back later on. Smile
Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:11 pm

powerbomb400 wrote:
On the air mixture screw I believe its 1.5 turns out. Start with the fuel line. Pull it off and make sure that it getting fuel. Then check you spark plug. Put the gap at .030 to .040. The air mixture screw is in the front pointing upwards. The screw on the side is the idle screw. Also make sure you didn't hit the kill switch on the handle bars. The spark plug could have fouled if it had old gas in it. If you see this I'm at work and I'll check back later on. Smile

Its getting fuel I turned off the petcock and drained the bowl to see if any trash was in it. Turned the gas on and let it flow out for a second. I checked the kill switch cause I have done that several times. Haven't messed with the plug yet but its brand new, hope its not fowled already. The gas is less than a month old, at least most of it is. I'll set the screws and clean it and see what happens. Hope it doesn't need the valves adjusted. Thanks for the info. study
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:27 am

Let us know if that fixes the problem. I hate problems and what is bad sometimes its the simple stuff that is the hardest to figure out.
Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:15 pm

I got it running finally. I cleaned the carb again and set the screws. I cranked and cranked and finally it started and ran like crap. it wouldn't rev and it had a bad miss. I started tweekin the screws and it got a little better until finally it seems right. I rode it around a bit and stopped from time to time to get the idle right. It seems to be ok now. the wife and I went on a little ride and it did well. She did good considering she still has a walking boot on from her ankle surgery. I even taught her to wheelie a little. Just so she'll know what to do if it happens by accident.[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Glad you got it running good. cheers

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 pm

Glad that you got it going. Very Happy They are good machines. When will she be able to ride without the boot. Question
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:46 pm

Glad you got it. We will all have to ride if I ever get back east.

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Glad to hear its running cheers Heck I have thought of wearing that stylish foot wear so it dont take so long to clean up. Wheelies after just getting ankle work affraid
Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:48 pm

powerbomb400 wrote:
Glad that you got it going. Very Happy They are good machines. When will she be able to ride without the boot. Question

She's supposed to be out of it in two more weeks. then she goes into an air cast for a month full time. then a month of air cast just during rough areas. She's still real timid on the quad. She rode my old foreman some but hasn't ridden much since. She's gonna take it slow and work up her skills at her own pace. We have a good area behind the house that has all levels of riding so she can practice on new stuff when she's ready. We're thinkin about riding on the weekend of march 8th somewhere. It will have to be pretty easy stuff. Maybe pickett or possibly hinch, or just behind the house here. She's getting excited about it and that makes me happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:05 am

big red don wrote:
powerbomb400 wrote:

She's supposed to be out of it in two more weeks. then she goes into an air cast for a month full time. then a month of air cast just during rough areas. She's still real timid on the quad. She rode my old foreman some but hasn't ridden much since. She's gonna take it slow and work up her skills at her own pace. We have a good area behind the house that has all levels of riding so she can practice on new stuff when she's ready. We're thinkin about riding on the weekend of march 8th somewhere. It will have to be pretty easy stuff. Maybe pickett or possibly hinch, or just behind the house here. She's getting excited about it and that makes me happy. cheers
Cool Big Red a happy wife means a happy house hold Very Happy cheers . Have you ever rode at Hickory flats(if I got the name right) behind Monterey? That is a nice easy pretty ride with mud holes to play in. I took some first time riders there a couple weeks ago and they all had a blast.
Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:26 am

REPOMAN wrote:
big red don wrote:
powerbomb400 wrote:

Cool Big Red a happy wife means a happy house hold Very Happy cheers . Have you ever rode at Hickory flats(if I got the name right) behind Monterey? That is a nice easy pretty ride with mud holes to play in. I took some first time riders there a couple weeks ago and they all had a blast.

Not heard of it. How do you get there? Question
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:45 pm

Go down to Monterey and get on 84 north for five to ten miles and theres a gas station on your right thats in the middle of nowhere. Turn right there and go about five miles and theres a little old church on your left with a river and bridge right in front of it, thats where we park at the church. The trail entrance is about a mile back down the road the way you came on your right then. You can ride from there all the way to muddy pond and hood town. I have Hickory flats on gps but cant give ya great directions sorry. At least i didnt say turn by the big tree or at the house with a couch on the porch lol! lol! Better yet I would take ya up there when ever ya wanna go.
Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:24 pm

May take you up on it sometime.
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:25 pm

There is a company in Oregon called PowRoll that specialize in Honda engines. They make a big bore kit for the 250ex. Watch there video about will your 250ex wheelie at the top of a hill. They are doing it in the dunes. They make upgrade parts for different brands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: honda 250 ex   

Back to top Go down

honda 250 ex
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1