Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:40 pm

all these people with brutes and no posts in the Kawi section is heartbreaking... well lets get something going in here.... what kinda of mods do you believe where the best to unleash the power within the brute or what do you like best about you brute or its mod????
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:37 am

since the Kawies are so tough we rarely have to talk about them.. Razz Laughing

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:06 pm

dyna tek and exhaust really woke mine up a lot! ecspecially for just plug n play
Back to top Go down
6806goats

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Oh hey, I was gonna ask about this the other day but got busy....posting jokes. Only engine mod is the Moose module. Things I will probably do with notes.

Dynajet

K&N- concerned about what I have heard about dust intrusion since these supposedly don't filter as well as the stock unit. They flow better but do they protect the engine any better than a stock unit?

HMF Penrode (something like that) full system. Not sure if this is the best bang for the buck going with HMF or even going with the entire system. Trying to find out if this goes all the way to the engine or just a mid point where the two pipes intersect....which I think they do. Just not sure. If I do build a turbo system I think it'll be on a newer FI BF750 and it would require custom exhaust. The more I try to build by hand, the more I can justify buying a plasma cutter and tig welder.

What other cool stuff have you all found that wakes these up? Timing curve or different module than the Moose Mod? I like the bottom end responce with the Moose but wonder if the top end couldn't be boosted as well with a different device.

Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x253/6806goats/
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:21 pm

YES YOU CAN GET ALOT MORE OUT OF YOUR TOP END BY INSTALLING A VFORCEJOHN STAGE III CLUTCH MOD OR STAGE II IF YOUR NOT GOING TO RUN BIG TIRES AND NITROS... LOL... HEY IF YOU ADDED A 6* TIMING KEY TO YOUR BRUTE WITH THE MOOSE MODULE YOU'LL GET ALITTLE MORE POWER TOO ITS THE MOST ADVANCE TIMING YOU CAN DO TO A BRUTE WITHOUT RETARDING THE TIMING...

FULL SYSTEM PIPES ARE WHAT THEY ARE FULL SYSTEM YOU GET HEADERS BACK EVERYTHING IS NEW.. I MESSED UP BY BUYING THE SWAMP SERIES AND I CANNOT GET A FULL SYSTEM BUT IF I WAS TO BUY A FULL SYSTEM I WOULD BUY A LRD SYSTEM OR A MUZZY BUT THE LRD SYSTEM SOUND ALOT BETTER ITS THROATY GOT A DEEP RUMBLE.. PLEASE DONT BUY THE PENLAND HMF ITS A GOOD SYSTEM BUT YOU BETTER LIKE LOUD CAUSE ONCE THE PACKING GOES OUT ITS THE LOUDEST PIPE IVE EVER HEARD AND I MEAN LOUD....
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:37 pm

jksimpson wrote:
YES YOU CAN GET ALOT MORE OUT OF YOUR TOP END BY INSTALLING A VFORCEJOHN STAGE III CLUTCH MOD OR STAGE II IF YOUR NOT GOING TO RUN BIG TIRES AND NITROS... LOL... HEY IF YOU ADDED A 6* TIMING KEY TO YOUR BRUTE WITH THE MOOSE MODULE YOU'LL GET ALITTLE MORE POWER TOO ITS THE MOST ADVANCE TIMING YOU CAN DO TO A BRUTE WITHOUT RETARDING THE TIMING...

FULL SYSTEM PIPES ARE WHAT THEY ARE FULL SYSTEM YOU GET HEADERS BACK EVERYTHING IS NEW.. I MESSED UP BY BUYING THE SWAMP SERIES AND I CANNOT GET A FULL SYSTEM BUT IF I WAS TO BUY A FULL SYSTEM I WOULD BUY A LRD SYSTEM OR A MUZZY BUT THE LRD SYSTEM SOUND ALOT BETTER ITS THROATY GOT A DEEP RUMBLE.. PLEASE DONT BUY THE PENLAND HMF ITS A GOOD SYSTEM BUT YOU BETTER LIKE LOUD CAUSE ONCE THE PACKING GOES OUT ITS THE LOUDEST PIPE IVE EVER HEARD AND I MEAN LOUD....

Yes its LOUD!!!!!!!!!!! affraid

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
6806goats

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:13 pm

Oh awesome. I'll look up the LRD system and the clutch. I was thinking about the clutch last year but got away from it. Don't plan on NOS....yet but wonder if I'm at the limit with the stock clutch with the size tires I have. Level 2 should be the deal but wonder how much price difference there would be between the 2. Maybe use the older BF for mud w/ snorkles and then a newer FI BF for hi altitude work. That's just being selfish and toy crazy though. Hmmm and my point would be..... Ok not right now but in the future maybe I could find a used 2008 once I get a place to store it.

I'll look at 6* set up also. If you already have links can you post them either here or PM? Time might be short to get all this installed for Utah. Anyone going there that would want to lend a hand and do some field work? What tools would be needed to R&R the clutch. Quest is on for install knowledge, tools and parts. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x253/6806goats/
Tackleberry
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:32 am

Well I just got mine, have to build back up the funds from Christmas. So give me awhile and we will see what happens.( donations welcome ) Smile
Back to top Go down
RUQWKNF27

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:22 am

Hey Tackleberry I have a Full Muzzy exhaust on my BF so let meknow if you ever wantt ocome ride it or here it!
Back to top Go down
Tackleberry
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:35 pm

RUQWKNF27 wrote:
Hey Tackleberry I have a Full Muzzy exhaust on my BF so let meknow if you ever wantt ocome ride it or here it!

Sounds Good, I just got the Snork done on mine.
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:38 pm

do yall know if muzzy makes a slip on for a 2008 750efi?
Back to top Go down
RUQWKNF27

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:47 pm

I am not sure onthe slip on since I have never seen one! Hey Tackleberry how hard was the snorkel? Did you buy a kit or go to lowes and just buy the parts to do it youself?
I am looking at buying some fender flares and hand guards. Here are the links:
http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?action=list&page=list.cfm&criteria=101&makeid=30&modelid=368&modelyear=2005

Handguard's: http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=257

At roxspeed he also has a setup for different bars for the BF with a LCD monitor relocate bracket. I would like to get FLEXXX bars for mine but not sure if it would be worth the money. I am definitely gettting handguards .
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:08 pm

DREWFORCE wrote:
do yall know if muzzy makes a slip on for a 2008 750efi?

Nope....just a full system..

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Tackleberry
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 pm

RUQWKNF27 wrote:
I am not sure onthe slip on since I have never seen one! Hey Tackleberry how hard was the snorkel? Did you buy a kit or go to lowes and just buy the parts to do it youself?
I am looking at buying some fender flares and hand guards. Here are the links:
http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?action=list&page=list.cfm&criteria=101&makeid=30&modelid=368&modelyear=2005

Handguard's: http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=257

At roxspeed he also has a setup for different bars for the BF with a LCD monitor relocate bracket. I would like to get FLEXXX bars for mine but not sure if it would be worth the money. I am definitely gettting handguards .

The snork was not that hard,but it would help to have extra hands when you do it.I got the stuff from lowes and some left over parts form Drew.
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:48 pm

thanks boot! i guess im goin with a penland eco, seems like it sounds pretty good from what i can tell on youtube.(not too loud) dont wnat it as loud as my 650 affraid
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:49 pm

i like the sound of the LRD myself for a full system but its up to you drew i think the muzzy will give you more HP though.. ive allways wondered without porting your heads how does a full system give you as much HP as they say anyway i think there #'s are slightly off you can only rush so much out of a factory head.
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:50 pm

if you want to hear the LRD i think you can go to the mudinmyblood site and watch the videos polaris425 had a red brute with a lrd i think sounded sweet.
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 pm

i think the LRD has my vote lol...it sounds good w/o the quite core!!! are they hard to install?
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:07 pm

LRD exhaust clip

http://mudinmyblood.com/media/BruteLRD.mpg
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:09 pm

nope... exhaust is quite easy to install. i think slipons are more of a pain than full systems cause you have to sand down the existing header pipe to get the slip on pipe to fit...

hey boot does our mudthrowers.com sell exhaust i have never seen any on his site only rims winches etc... tell him if he doesnt he needs to so we can start selling some for him drews in the market...lol...
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 pm

i love that sound my full system when i get my motor work done is deff going to be lrd.. they sound awesome..
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:12 pm

lol i am..i cant stand this stock, sound like crap, pissy looking exhaust any longer......so after you take the rear cylinder pipe off you have to sand the front cylinder pipe so the aftermarket will slide on? any pointers?
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 pm

you getting the slip on or the full?????

if you get the slip on which i dunno what they do and dont sell of the FI 08's but im sure the setup is like my 06's since you have not rode your that much your slip on pipe if that what you buy should be easy but cause your pipe has not swelled up yet if your forsure getting one soon try to keep from riding or starting your bike and you should have no poblem if you do though i used some thin grade sandpaper nothing real gaudy and had to sand back about 6-8inches of my pipe until fitmit was just right i made sure mine went on tight though i got it on and used a rubber mallet on the endcap and knocked mine the rest of the way in. but see my endcap is flat cause i have the hmf swamp series which i love dearly just wish they made a full system..
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:22 pm

i have maybe 4.5 hours on it...and yea i just want the slip on...
Back to top Go down
Tackleberry
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:10 pm

DREWFORCE wrote:
i have maybe 4.5 hours on it...and yea i just want the slip on...

4 of the 4.5 hours was spent sitting on it in his garage
Going......Vrooooom......Vrooooooom.....Vroooom ..... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!   

Back to top Go down

COME ON KAWI RIDERS LETS GET SOME STUFF GOING IN HERE!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next