Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Hard to make a decision

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:21 pm

I have spent many hours of thought....reading up on clutching. I have even spent a hour or so on the phone just today with a fellow racer talking about it. think To actually do any good this year i am going to have to either race or Trail ride...there is really no in between. If i set it up for racing and set it up to win....trail riding is our and vise versa. So here is the decision I have made.... I am going to RACE! After this year If I don't like it I will change it back. The first race or two will be moreless test runs to see if it set up right or not and whether or not I have to got back to the drawing board.

I am going to Pull the floor boards off tonight and modify a few things so my feet won't slip back against the tires. Go ahead and clutch it how its needs to be Twisted Evil Figure out how to make and get a proper 50lb. or so weight up front to keep it down but not too much....I have learned a lot in the last few days talking on the phone with a friend of mine. i would say for the most part the first part of the year will be a test and learn. Once I get it Clutched and set up right....Maybe i will place in a few races. I have learned that clutching is about 75% of racing.....and I have learned this from guys who are winning and not the dude loading up after the first heat race....so I believe them. I really wanted the best of both worlds....but it just can't happen. Sad I don't like to lose and when I do I wanna know that I lost knowing that I did all I could do.. Cool So I won't be on very many rides this year. Everyone have fun...I know I will be. Razz I just wanna keep it to where I can still play around some and it not be a race only bike.... Probably can't but maybe i can keep it close. If I can't... Oh well.....Its hard to have your cake and it too..

Bootlegger

Cumberland ATV Riders

Last edited by Bootlegger on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
Tennessee Tornado
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Like I said before, you can always borrow the baby Kawi....... LOL Or ride Kristens!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeTornado
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Tennessee_Tornado wrote:
Like I said before, you can always borrow the baby Kawi....... LOL Or ride Kristens!!

I could ride The boys.... Laughing Laughing

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
THE ROXSTAR D
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Or you could ride the blue grizzly sitting in your shop!!!
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Mod out the Brute all you can for racing, but look around on Ebay and LSN and find yourself a good KQ for trail riding (it doesn't have to be new to be good)....You know you want 2 wheelers Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
Tennessee Tornado
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Smiley wrote:
Mod out the Brute all you can for racing, but look around on Ebay and LSN and find yourself a good KQ for trail riding (it doesn't have to be new to be good)....You know you want 2 wheelers Twisted Evil

I agree, I just cant see Boot being happy with just boggin...... Although, I also cant see Blake being happy with Boot wanting 2 wheelers...... LOL
But that would be the ultimate.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Smiley wrote:

That would be nice....I have 2 now...I have a 04 Prairie 650 Red with just a little over 200 miles on it. It was my Dads....but I have it put up at my uncles. It was here till about 8 months ago. My Dad loved to ride...so I am going to keep it and put it up. Neutral It was his baby... Smile

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:38 pm

I hope you win them all Mark! do what you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:24 pm

I know somebody with a 500 AC that needs riding scratch

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Mark find you dirtbike and ride it. Something to use as a pit bike when you are at the races.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:32 pm

pwm wrote:

You might not want to offer it...I will probably take you up on it... Wink Cause after this Friday the Brute will be for racing only. I will not be able to ride it on the trails....maybe a little but not much. Snorkel

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Tennessee Tornado
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:33 pm

Bootlegger wrote:
Smiley wrote:

That would be nice....I have 2 now...I have a 04 Prairie 650 Red with just a little over 200 miles on it. It was my Dads....but I have it put up at my uncles. It was here till about 8 months ago. My Dad loved to ride...so I am going to keep it and put it up. Neutral It was his baby... Smile
But is that what your Dad would have wanted? Or would he have wanted you to ride it and enjoy it as much as he did?
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:37 pm

Tennessee_Tornado wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:
Smiley wrote:

But is that what your Dad would have wanted? Or would he have wanted you to ride it and enjoy it as much as he did?
Yeah That I was thinking the same thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:44 pm

Tennessee_Tornado wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:
Smiley wrote:

I am just going to keep it...just like he left it... In one piece. Embarassed Laughing I ride it around the yard when i am down there and my uncle starts it up once a week and rides it.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Bootlegger wrote:
pwm wrote:

You might not want to offer it...I will probably take you up on it... Wink Cause after this Friday the Brute will be for racing only. I will not be able to ride it on the trails....maybe a little but not much. Snorkel
Will I have to meet you half way roll

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:04 am

pwm wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:
pwm wrote:

Will I have to meet you half way roll

bonk Yeah.... Mutley

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:27 am

you should still be able to trail ride i do with mine but im keeping my floor boards intack most of these bog i wont have to worry about mud getting into my floorboards cause there usually isnt enough of it there... just remove your primary and put the stocker back in or do what i do and run a mild stall which isnt good on the belt but i usually get about 4 months out of mine when im running the almond primary wouldnt dare run anything bigger than that on the trails and really shouldnt run that but im too use to a stall

and take your added weights off the front end when you trail ride... you need to relocate that radiator it will make it easier to add the weights to the front end im getting ready to design a rack where the radiator was for added weights probably something small with allthread so the weights cannot move put will be easy to remove if i wana go back to stock form..
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am

Not worried about the mud in the floorboards. They are like water skies...you water to pass through there...less resistance. I have spent about 2 hours in the last 2 days on the phone with Toby. I am going to run my tire I have now until I can get 2 more 9.5's for the rear. Then I will have Crushloks....maybe...still debating. Toby put his radiator back in the frame and move his snorkels. I want to put some EDL's on Crushloks. Few other thing too do...but yeah I can switch the primary back anytime....

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:56 am

Good luck with the racing buddy but you will be missed on the trail rides
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:22 am

sounds like you have a plan......not sure on how you say you won't be able to trail ride......maybe need to talk to some others also.......i was trail riding with team creekbottom.....and you can see their record....they win alot! i know we have had this same talk before.....but i think what would make this decision hard for you is......how far away you are from all the big races......but hey i hope you whoop them all for sure!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigdaddywilbur
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:11 am

BigDaddy wrote:
sounds like you have a plan......not sure on how you say you won't be able to trail ride......maybe need to talk to some others also.......i was trail riding with team creekbottom.....and you can see their record....they win alot! i know we have had this same talk before.....but i think what would make this decision hard for you is......how far away you are from all the big races......but hey i hope you whoop them all for sure!!!!

I understand....I don't have the cash to do it all at one time. but it will come.. Wink I am going to think about my Dads Prairie.... I may trial tide with it. Call me later today and we can talk for a few.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Bald Eagle
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:01 am

Get a set of used stock wheels and put some good trail tires on them, maybe some Big Horns? You can reclutch and swap out the tires to ride the trails and leave it like that until a big event that you know you'll be attending, then clutch it and swap the tires for that race. You can have the best of both worlds, you just have to work to do it.

I'm sure your dad wouldn't want that Prairie to sit like that. Enjoy it like he would.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/BaldEagle7164?vhost=community
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:21 am

i think your on the right path.....good talking with this am!!
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigdaddywilbur
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:14 am

just my 2 cents you dont have the motor for the crushlocks.... they are extremely heavy which makes it hard to get them turning and stay turning at high rpm's.... i too am going to be trying out diff tire setups but untill i get my motor done im not even going to attempt the crushlocks that and im a firm believer in lighten up your atv not making it heavier unless you need to in a area like brutes need in the front end and polaris need to be on a diet..etc..etc...
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:24 am

jksimpson wrote:
just my 2 cents you dont have the motor for the crushlocks.... they are extremely heavy which makes it hard to get them turning and stay turning at high rpm's.... i too am going to be trying out diff tire setups but untill i get my motor done im not even going to attempt the crushlocks that and im a firm believer in lighten up your atv not making it heavier unless you need to in a area like brutes need in the front end and polaris need to be on a diet..etc..etc...

Motor...there are tons of stock motors running them...they only weigh 20lbs a piece. which is only 8lbs more than SS wheels. Crushloks would not be a problem at all....shoot you have Honda 450's & 500's running them. I tried them Friday at Mudfest and they were fine with a stock secondary...

Cumberland ATV Riders

Last edited by Bootlegger on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   

Back to top Go down

Hard to make a decision
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next