Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Hard to make a decision

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:29 am

BigDaddy wrote:
i think your on the right path.....good talking with this am!!

Yeah after talking with Aaron and putting some more thought in it I believe I will run what I said this morning.....but those water ski floorboards are coming off for the races.. Laughing I am going to make me some like I seen in some pics a while back. That way my foot will not slide back to the rear wheel. Plus it lets the water flow more. Like I said i believe I will listen to more than one guy and take what IMO is the best advice for me....Aaron has been racing since before it was hardly e has their own opinion on whats best.... I just need to find what is best for my riding style and go with it... It was good talking to you as well Big Guy...

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:51 am

Quote :
I'm sure your dad wouldn't want that Prairie to sit like that. Enjoy it like he would.

As far as that goes...My Dad loved to ride....Its the only thing I have left from him.... Iwant it to be just like he left it. The reason I moved it to my uncles was it mad me sad seeing it everytime I opened up the building Sad Its still in GREAT condition and runs good...it has a Dynatek CDI....thats the only mod on it. My uncle keeps it running and ride it enough around his place. Maybe one day I will build Monster out of it...but not just yet. I want to keep it forever and If I ever get the feeling Dad wants me to make a animal out of it...well he will be proud when It pulls up the starting line Wink

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:44 pm

Bootlegger wrote:
jksimpson wrote:
just my 2 cents you dont have the motor for the crushlocks.... they are extremely heavy which makes it hard to get them turning and stay turning at high rpm's.... i too am going to be trying out diff tire setups but untill i get my motor done im not even going to attempt the crushlocks that and im a firm believer in lighten up your atv not making it heavier unless you need to in a area like brutes need in the front end and polaris need to be on a diet..etc..etc...

Motor...there are tons of stock motors running them...they only weigh 20lbs a piece. which is only 8lbs more than SS wheels. Crushloks would not be a problem at all....shoot you have Honda 450's & 500's running them. I tried them Friday at Mudfest and they were fine with a stock secondary...

im not talking about a stock crushlock im talking about a crushlock filled with water which is mainly what all the riders do with them atleast the 8 or 9 ive talked to.. and HL told me there about 60 pounds of extra weight total over aftermarket wheels... anyways like i said up there just my 2 cents i wish you luck in everything your trying alot of the guys your talking to have made this sport what it is today so yes they do know what there talking about.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:54 pm

jksimpson wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:
jksimpson wrote:
just my 2 cents you dont have the motor for the crushlocks.... they are extremely heavy which makes it hard to get them turning and stay turning at high rpm's.... i too am going to be trying out diff tire setups but untill i get my motor done im not even going to attempt the crushlocks that and im a firm believer in lighten up your atv not making it heavier unless you need to in a area like brutes need in the front end and polaris need to be on a diet..etc..etc...

Motor...there are tons of stock motors running them...they only weigh 20lbs a piece. which is only 8lbs more than SS wheels. Crushloks would not be a problem at all....shoot you have Honda 450's & 500's running them. I tried them Friday at Mudfest and they were fine with a stock secondary...

im not talking about a stock crushlock im talking about a crushlock filled with water which is mainly what all the riders do with them atleast the 8 or 9 ive talked to.. and HL told me there about 60 pounds of extra weight total over aftermarket wheels... anyways like i said up there just my 2 cents i wish you luck in everything your trying alot of the guys your talking to have made this sport what it is today so yes they do know what there talking about.

The ones I ran had water in the front and it was not problem...... it seemed to do fine....I believe I have got what I want to run figured out...just have to get some of the stuff in. You can't get alot of water in the Cruskloks anyway....you can get more in the ss wheels.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
bamajeepjunkie
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:01 pm

As for frontend weight make it removable. IMO
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Bootlegger wrote:
Quote :
I'm sure your dad wouldn't want that Prairie to sit like that. Enjoy it like he would.

As far as that goes...My Dad loved to ride....Its the only thing I have left from him.... Iwant it to be just like he left it. The reason I moved it to my uncles was it mad me sad seeing it everytime I opened up the building Sad Its still in GREAT condition and runs good...it has a Dynatek CDI....thats the only mod on it. My uncle keeps it running and ride it enough around his place. Maybe one day I will build Monster out of it...but not just yet. I want to keep it forever and If I ever get the feeling Dad wants me to make a animal out of it...well he will be proud when It pulls up the starting line Wink

With the way you take care of your wheeler, cleaning, keeping it in showroom floor condition, etc...there couldn't be anyone better taking care of that wheeler...I'm sure your dad would be very proud to have you taking care of it and enjoying his ride out on the trails. You tha man when it comes to taking care of your wheeler. Thumb
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:34 pm

bamajeepjunkie wrote:
As for frontend weight make it removable. IMO
I am going to make me a 50lb weight ....I tried it out in the pit a while back in Sparta and 50 worked good.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Smiley wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:
Quote :

With the way you take care of your wheeler, cleaning, keeping it in showroom floor condition, etc...there couldn't be anyone better taking care of that wheeler...I'm sure your dad would be very proud to have you taking care of it and enjoying his ride out on the trails. You tha man when it comes to taking care of your wheeler. Thumb

If the Prairie ever come out it will be a strictly race bike with a full blown TRUE FCP race motor..... not the FCP rebuild . It will be Very FAST.... If I was going to do it I would do it right Wink Thats what he would have done.....but i'm telling you all it will probably never happen Smile

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
RedRockMudder

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:13 pm

just have blake loosen up that checkbook and buy a trail machine then you can do both Razz
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 am

RedRockMudder wrote:
just have blake loosen up that checkbook and buy a trail machine then you can do both Razz
Yeah That Razz
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:22 am

RedRockMudder wrote:

Embarassed

That will probably never happen... wife Laughing Laughing

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:19 pm

did you ever remove the flooroards and make some new ones.. I can have mine off in just a few minutes and be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:07 pm

CanAmChris wrote:
did you ever remove the flooroards and make some new ones.. I can have mine off in just a few minutes and be good to go.

Actually one of them is off right now....I have been sick so I haven't fooled with it much. probably this week or next.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Bootlegger wrote:
CanAmChris wrote:

Actually one of them is off right now....I have been sick so I haven't fooled with it much. probably this week or next.
GIT-R-DONE BOOT Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:29 pm

REPOMAN wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:
CanAmChris wrote:

GIT-R-DONE BOOT Razz Laughing

I am trying....I hate being sick and it seems like I have been sick more this year than I ever have scratch Maybe getting old. If I can't make them how I want them I will just leave them and figure something else out...

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:33 pm

i think im gonna make mine like superbogger750's is.. i think his is the one i saw with the diamond plate footrest and chrome pieces up to the plastic..
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:19 pm

jksimpson wrote:
i think im gonna make mine like superbogger750's is.. i think his is the one i saw with the diamond plate footrest and chrome pieces up to the plastic..

His didn't have the Diamond plate footrest....he just cut his floorboards out and left the bottom plastic on it...I so remember the one your talking about though Cool

I think I may just leave mine for right now. think

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:54 pm

well im going to try and do mine like whoevers bike i seen that had the flat stock bars with the diamond plate floor looks pretty easy to make i got a drill press and some other nice heavy machines at my brothers house to make it a little easier... welder is my best friend you can fab up anything with a welder and a cutting torch..
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:09 am

I am going to trail ride and race with mine. I am tired of setting at home and I don't have the money to go to every race.... So I am going to start trail riding as soon as I get the upper A-Arm bushing in. I have it now just have to press it out and put the new one in.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:38 am

Bootlegger wrote:
I am going to trail ride and race with mine. I am tired of setting at home and I don't have the money to go to every race.... So I am going to start trail riding as soon as I get the upper A-Arm bushing in. I have it now just have to press it out and put the new one in.

Good desicion Thumb
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:57 am

You and I will have to learn how to ride again

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Bootlegger wrote:
woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Bootlegger wrote:

its a good decision and like i said before i dont see why you dont just do both anyway.. shoot im getting ready to purchase either the 840kit or 750 kit ( I got extra set of cylinders) and im still going to trail ride mine i dont usually have a passenger so i can still modify my floorboards without exposing too much of my legs i think. and im going to change my primary springs out when i trail ride i keep same weights in for trail as i do for bogging i do my weights diff than others.. You still plan on going to the first 3 bogs or has your plans changed boot let me know cause i was kinda counting on me and you going to some together i dont wana go 8+ hours away from home on weekends by myself if i dont have too.. that would be so boring and risky at the same time...
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:40 am

jksimpson wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:

its a good decision and like i said before i dont see why you dont just do both anyway.. shoot im getting ready to purchase either the 840kit or 750 kit ( I got extra set of cylinders) and im still going to trail ride mine i dont usually have a passenger so i can still modify my floorboards without exposing too much of my legs i think. and im going to change my primary springs out when i trail ride i keep same weights in for trail as i do for bogging i do my weights diff than others.. You still plan on going to the first 3 bogs or has your plans changed boot let me know cause i was kinda counting on me and you going to some together i dont wana go 8+ hours away from home on weekends by myself if i dont have too.. that would be so boring and risky at the same time...

I am going to the March one for sure April right now is 50/50. May is Wilburns and thats for sure...that will be the most fun one to go too. and June is in as well. as long as my summer job is ok with it.

The one in March...We can leave Tennessee Friday afternoon and head to the Carolina's. I am taking off work that day. The one at Wilburns I will just drive down there Saturday morning.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:29 am

allright then i will schedule for myself to be off work that day lol..im the boss i just say im not going to be here this day ohh its great cheers.. thats the bog that is forever away aint it boot like all the way in the ocean.. i guess ill play it ear to ear from there.. Hey tell BD id like to see if i could get an idea of when and where he is going to be participating this year..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard to make a decision   

Back to top Go down

Hard to make a decision
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2