Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!
 
HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 
 

 A-ARM BUSHINGs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bootlegger
Admin
avatar

Joined : 2008-01-15
Posts : 9662
Age : 39
Location : Crossville,TN

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 pm

DREWFORCE wrote:
got the a-arms fixed the ball joint that is in the rear part ofthe arm was SHOT on both sides, with close to 1\16 of play in it!!!! POS!! depending on how it does in UTAH i may be trading on a 800outty...kawi crap has gone to Poo BIG TIME

Take an Extra Frame,set of springs,water pump, and set of brakes with you.... lol! No Really....The Can-Ams are a great Mud Racing bike IMO....They just have problems like all the rest. i just really don't think they will hold up to alot of trail riding abuse like some of the others.

_________________
Riding Shotgun with PWM... eat2


Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member
avatar

Joined : 2008-10-23
Posts : 1339
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:53 pm

im a machinist, i can fix the frame! and they have GREASE FITTINGS!!!! apparently everybody else has forgotten what the are or even look like co co morons!!!!
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member
avatar

Joined : 2008-12-14
Posts : 1242
Age : 34
Location : Boonville,In

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:24 pm

DREWFORCE wrote:
inside the a arm heim joint-ball joint there are diff kinds of both.... there are needle bearings in the front part of the a arm and in the rear part of the a arm are a heim\ball joint

allright if thats what they call it i guess thats what they call it but i installed my own a-arm bushings and there is a needle bearing and there is some round bushings but nothing in there or around there that looks anything like a ball joint. wonder what they are talking about oh well not to extremely worried about it just trying to figure out what they are talking about...
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member
avatar

Joined : 2008-12-14
Posts : 1242
Age : 34
Location : Boonville,In

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:26 pm

DREWFORCE wrote:
im a machinist, i can fix the frame! and they have GREASE FITTINGS!!!! apparently everybody else has forgotten what the are or even look like co co morons!!!!

people have installed their own grease fittings on these brutes and it does make the bushings last longer but they still end up going out just not a good design or good factory parts there..
Back to top Go down
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team
avatar

Joined : 2008-01-16
Posts : 2804
Age : 38
Location : Nunya

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Bootlegger wrote:
DREWFORCE wrote:
got the a-arms fixed the ball joint that is in the rear part ofthe arm was SHOT on both sides, with close to 1\16 of play in it!!!! POS!! depending on how it does in UTAH i may be trading on a 800outty...kawi crap has gone to Poo BIG TIME

Take an Extra Frame,set of springs,water pump, and set of brakes with you.... lol! No Really....The Can-Ams are a great Mud Racing bike IMO....They just have problems like all the rest. i just really don't think they will hold up to alot of trail riding abuse like some of the others.

I told you to buy a canam and not that sloooooooooooooooow fruit force Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Go get one and we will make it utah ready in time. Youve seen how i trail ride mine (knock on wood) Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN
Moderator
avatar

Joined : 2008-02-01
Posts : 4111
Age : 49
Location : CROSSVILLE,TN

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:11 pm

Join the dark side Drew Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team
avatar

Joined : 2008-01-16
Posts : 2804
Age : 38
Location : Nunya

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:35 pm

REPOMAN wrote:
Join the dark side Drew Twisted Evil

AKA the fast side
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member
avatar

Joined : 2008-10-23
Posts : 1339
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 am

jksimpson wrote:
DREWFORCE wrote:
inside the a arm heim joint-ball joint there are diff kinds of both.... there are needle bearings in the front part of the a arm and in the rear part of the a arm are a heim\ball joint

allright if thats what they call it i guess thats what they call it but i installed my own a-arm bushings and there is a needle bearing and there is some round bushings but nothing in there or around there that looks anything like a ball joint. wonder what they are talking about oh well not to extremely worried about it just trying to figure out what they are talking about...

i already got it fixed, did it myself.. a bushing is just made out of a peice of metal,polyeurthene,etc.... but yes there is "A" needle bearing in there!! i tought about making my on sleeve and puttin a needle bearing in the front and the back of the A-Arm seems more practical the a heim\ball joint
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin
avatar

Joined : 2008-01-15
Posts : 9662
Age : 39
Location : Crossville,TN

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:29 pm

That heim ball is HARD to get out...Thats what is wore on mine the most.....I love kawies...but there a-arm bushing and seal suck.

_________________
Riding Shotgun with PWM... eat2


Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member
avatar

Joined : 2008-10-23
Posts : 1339
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:30 pm

you got that right!!!!!!! mine only had 200 miles on them and they where wore the hE\\ out!!!! lol i dont know why they dont have a better design!?!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A-ARM BUSHINGs   

Back to top Go down
 
A-ARM BUSHINGs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Rear bushings.
» shock bushings
» Bushings
» Suspension bushings
» control arm bushings

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cumberland ATV Riders :: Brands :: Kawasaki-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum