Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Local Races.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Local Races.....   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:21 pm

I wish someone local would start a small race park. It don't have to be big....just somewhere to race and maybe spark some local interests in Mud Racing. I want to get my Pit done more than ever right now....maybe I can figure something out soon about a dozer.

Does any of the TCM members wanna race at the Brimstone White Knuckle event Question From what i was told the Pit was alot better than Coal Creeks at last fall Jam....it wasn't as thick. I mean it wasn't a breeze to get through it but is was doable without breaking anything and killing yourself....almost everyone made it. I think its more of who the fastest through verses who can make it through....know what I mean? Laughing Laughing That sounds good to me. Crap...I just wanna race somewhere....I would give anything if one these parks around here would start having Mud races once a month or once every two months....where you race atleast 2-3 wide through the pit. That way we don't have to travel so far. I need to move to either North or South Carolina....maybe east Texas or Louisiana, Mississippi. think Anyways I guess i am just bored and thinking out loud.
geek lol!

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
Big Gun
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Local Races.....   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:40 pm

When is the White Knuckle Event? I wanna do some mud ridin real bad too.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Local Races.....   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:56 pm

Brimstone White Knuckle May 22-23
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Local Races.....   Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:54 am

Rooster wrote:
Brimstone White Knuckle May 22-23

Well...I might make it....The Wilburns race is on the 2nd....well see.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
sstandefer

PostSubject: Re: Local Races.....   Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:53 am

How many acres are needed for a good mud race track? I own a 57 acre farm and another 39 acres of woods. I am open to idea but I don't kow what a good track needs.

My youngest son really wants to get into mud racing. He has never seen a mud hole he didn't like. At 14 he put a grown man to shame at Windrock in the playground. The man was riding a big Artic Cat with about everything you could buy for one. Son riding a 350 Rancher 4x4. Guy was stuck in large hole, son drove off in hole circles the guy 2 time and drove out. His buddies asked how old my son was I told them 14, they horse laughed teh poor guy. Son ended up pulling him out of last mud hole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.s3ATVSalvage.com
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Local Races.....   Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:03 pm

sstandefer wrote:
How many acres are needed for a good mud race track? I own a 57 acre farm and another 39 acres of woods. I am open to idea but I don't kow what a good track needs.

My youngest son really wants to get into mud racing. He has never seen a mud hole he didn't like. At 14 he put a grown man to shame at Windrock in the playground. The man was riding a big Artic Cat with about everything you could buy for one. Son riding a 350 Rancher 4x4. Guy was stuck in large hole, son drove off in hole circles the guy 2 time and drove out. His buddies asked how old my son was I told them 14, they horse laughed teh poor guy. Son ended up pulling him out of last mud hole.

In all honesty as long as you got enough room for Parking and cleared out placed big enough to build a Pit. 50 acres is plenty Big enough for a race area...I own a 101 and wish I had a Pit. If you decide to make a Pit let me know...I can help you design it of give you the specs for a good one....the main thing on a Race Pit is don't make it Too thick. The goal is Racing one another not seeing who can make it out or through the Pit.

A good Pit is about 200-225 foot long and atleast 30 feet wide. Most race Pits are atleast 30 feet wide. The depth on a Pit should be no less than 32 inches deep....Most pits are actually 36 inches or more. A flat bottom. Just make sure when you dig it to slop each end to where its not too steep but to where there won't be a Huge wave coming back at you from the exit part when your racing...every Pit is different. Some are just all water and some are Water & Mud both. If you buld one fill it with water before you add any dirt/mud to it....that way you can control how thick it is. thats the main thing. If you like I can PM you my phone # and we can talk about it... If you decide to do it I can help you with all the stagging and getting the classes set up.

It may take a little while to gain a lot of interest in it but it will catch on...it just takes one race... LOL!!!

Thanks, Mark

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Races.....   

Back to top Go down

Local Races.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1