Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
armageddon1

PostSubject: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:21 am

I have ridden Windrock and Royal Blue. Is there a trail system that connects the three.
I have heard of some old trails, does anybody know of any? We would love to try to make a 5 day run to hit all three if we knew of a way. Any info?
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:23 am

There is a member on here....his user name and real name is Dan. PM him for info....he will know. I think he has ridden it many times.. Very Happy

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
MedicMomma
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:21 pm

is he the same dan i met yesterday?
Back to top Go down
GIP
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:26 pm

well now royal blue and sunquist areas have changed, we now have the north cumberland unit now, thus you will need a windrock pass, TWRA pass and a Brimestone pass, there are roads that will do it least I have been told
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:28 pm

That would be a great ride Thumb
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:36 pm

MedicMomma wrote:
is he the same dan i met yesterday?

Yes it is....The One and Only....
Back to top Go down
MedicMomma
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:50 pm

he is super nice.
Back to top Go down
MailMan

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:16 pm

How bout riding this route then going on to WTOP (Middlesboro,KY) through there and on to Evarts. I think it is actually possible but don't expect me to guide. Would take a lot of planning and getting hooked up with the right people to lead the way. Dan probably knows most of it already.
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:50 pm

bet that is a looooooong ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Back to top Go down
GIP
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:25 am

if possible yes that would be a looooooooooooooong ride, that would be an over nighter for me
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:46 am

DREWFORCE wrote:
bet that is a looooooong ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Are you think about going Question
Back to top Go down
armageddon1

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:06 am

We were thinking about putting a ride together that would be about 4-5 days in a row. Thinking a round trip loop would be cool if possible to see new trails the whole way. Thinking leaving the rigs/trailers @ windrock traveling to Brimstone then to Royal Blue as the turn around point. Would need tents/food/fuel. Stay @ Royal Blue Cabin @ turn point.
Could pick up fuel/hot food/showers if planned properly. Ridden @ 2 of the 3 we're talking about, would be a trip of a lifetime. Have @ least 2 utv's and 4 quads interested. All are very experienced riders and outdoorsmen. I saw a similiar ride a bunch of people put together in Michigan and they said it was the trip of a lifetime. That is what we are trying to put together. The round trip would make this first trip more feasible for drop off and pick up being both the same location. Sounds very interesting and adventureous. Your not just doing the same ride/return to camp for 3 or 4 days. That sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
S.C.

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:50 am

riding the 3 has been done , think it was about 130 miles round trip , done in one day , very early to very late LOL.

Most of the riding was in "legal" area , .

A WR group did it .

SC
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:14 am

Yep it was a early to late ride. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:07 am

armageddon1 wrote:
I have ridden Windrock and Royal Blue. Is there a trail system that connects the three.
I have heard of some old trails, does anybody know of any? We would love to try to make a 5 day run to hit all three if we knew of a way. Any info?
Yes, the routes are there, from Oliver Springs to Peabody (North of La Follette on 25W) to Kentucky to Huntsville and back to Oliver Springs. New River and the larger creeks are major obstacles, particular during the week or so following a big rain in the area. If you can't see the bottom of the crossing... STAY OUT OF THE WATER! I can't say that I've ridden them all, but there aren't many trails/routes that I haven't ridden. We've been finding new pieces to that puzzle on an intermittant basis. The routes depend on the amount of gravel travel and pavement you are willing to do. There is no all dirt route.

We've started looking for a trail route to Tackett Creek, and then on the Bell county, Ky. It's been done, but several of the trails have been closed. I don't know if it's even possible, but it sure is fun looking.
Back to top Go down
armageddon1

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Well I don't know who else would be interested, but the more the merry. I think it would be a blast. We are just trying to get the details and particularly people familiar with traveling
between the areas to ride. We have been riding @ each place, but not from one to another.
Lets try to get a ride together. We were thinking in the next 3 months to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
S.C.

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:10 am

it is usually "best" to keep the group small , I'd say less than 10 for sure , 6 or 7 even better .

Seems it is hard to make good time with more riders ? This ride is not for everyone , have iron butt , good running atv , can go 16 hours without a pee break bonk Poo Beer , and of course extra extra gas .

A good mapping gps is great also in case you get seperated from the group , won't name names on that one hehehehe .

SC
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:34 pm

I agree...I would keep that ride as small as I could. No more than about 6-7.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
armageddon1

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 pm

I do agree about too many riders makes the ride go slower. We certainly want to try to plot out a schedule for a distance per day. We were actually wanting to maybe tent two of the days, so it is not necesarilly getting it done in the shortest amount of time and beating your bodies/ bikes, but to be able to enjoy the overall ride. Thinking about a 4-5 day round trip. Someone said it is 120 miles one way, so 240 overall. Between riding 4-5 days, thats about 50-60 miles a day which I think is very doable. Between packing up mornings, setting up evenings, food brakes, bathroom brakes, stopping to see sights. And of course, vehicles have to be worthy and be able to carry parts, hopefully not needed. But if it can go wrong, it probably will. That is our vision of the ride to never forget.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:21 pm

i would not mind doing a 2 day trip like that.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
S.C.

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Heck , if your wanting 4/ 5 days , lets load up and go to W.V. !!

Hatfield ROCKS !

SC
Back to top Go down
armageddon1

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:38 pm

We are not stuck on Windrock,Brimstone,R.B. I just know they are in relatively close proximity. We are trying to string a ride together for 4-5 days and somewhat roughing it on the trails. The round trip part of it makes it easier for starting and finishing the same place,
rather than needing vehicles/trailers to haul the bikes back to the starting location. Round trip is much more feasible. I thought Hatfield/Mccoy had separate riding areas that you needed to trailer from area to area. Really trying to set up ride that you carry some food/fuel/tents/cloths and you tent one night, hotel/shower/hot food next night, tent next night and so on. Like I said not stuck on TN. just been there before and some were saying these places have connecting trails. We have ridden for 5 days straight @ the same location, but looking for a little different ride/ camping hopefully. Do they have interconnected trails like this possibly in W.V?
Back to top Go down
CE

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 am

Wanna trip you will NOT forget, and don't mind traveling to get there, go to Utah! The place is unbelievable! It is a perfect state to do exactly what you are talking about. I know, because me and a small group of friends did it last year. If it is farther than you are wanting to travel to for now, I would definitely suggest putting it on your list of places to go in the future. Wink If you need any info or suggestions on how and where to start, feel free to PM me.
Back to top Go down
armageddon1

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:13 am

Is there mapping system of trails to know lengths and difficulties of trails. Is there possibly places for refueling without having to carry over maybe ten additional gallons on the utvs. Any issues with utvs widths out there. How long of a trip was yours?
Back to top Go down
S.C.

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:33 am

The Tn thing sounds good , to get back onto the subject . THats a lot of gear and gas to carry .

I think you could ride into Brim and stay the night at a hotel / motel LOL , also a motel or the cabins at RB . ( Can you tell my sort of camping includes room service hahaha )

Dan would be the one to set you out a planned route . It is a good idea .

You could also fuel up at RB / Brim .

Might talk someone into meeting you at some point that is accessible by vehicle with lots of gas to refuel everyone also .

SC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   

Back to top Go down

Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next