Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CE

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:25 am

armageddon1 wrote:
Is there mapping system of trails to know lengths and difficulties of trails. Is there possibly places for refueling without having to carry over maybe ten additional gallons on the utvs. Any issues with utvs widths out there. How long of a trip was yours?

Looks like it is part of the subject now.

There is mapping of everything you would need. There are some trails that are restricted to 50" but if you plan your routes ahead of time you can find ways around them. You can "Legally" ride into towns for gas, motel, and food. We did a 600+ mile round trip through the south central part of the state. For a trip like you are talking about doing, Utah is not the only place you can do it at, but it is surely one you wont forget. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:39 am

A 240 miler is a piece of cake...HeHe... Cool

The Utah trip was 602 miles done in 6 days...That group is classified as Iron Butt for sure.

Steve is right, Hatfield-McCoy is an awesome place to ride as well, we went up there 2 years ago in the Fall, very beautiful and Rink hooked us up with a guy who took us riding of the "pak" on land owned by US Steel, that was really fun too. But riding at H-M you could make a big loop around parts of it and get gas in towns like Gilbert and Man...Steve and PB know alot more about this place than me, but it was fun.
Back to top Go down
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:20 pm

GIP wrote:
if possible yes that would be a looooooooooooooong ride, that would be an over nighter for me

its possible

i can ride from my house in middlesboro to the RB section above lafollette...i can also ride to evarts from my house.

from here to lafollette its about 4 hours...about 7 from here to evarts...thats riding pretty dang fast too.
Back to top Go down
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:22 pm

and yall should try to do this for our park to park ride in august. a bunch are riding down from evarts to our park for the event...yall should leave from RB and come.
Back to top Go down
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Dan wrote:
armageddon1 wrote:

We've started looking for a trail route to Tackett Creek, and then on the Bell county, Ky. It's been done, but several of the trails have been closed. I don't know if it's even possible, but it sure is fun looking.

if you can get to tackett...i can get yall to evarts.
Back to top Go down
armageddon1

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:43 am

The Windrock to Brimstone to Royal Blue and back is what was originally talked about. Only place not ridden was Brimstone. I know of being able to get cabins/Fuel/Food @ Royal Blue as the turn around point. Just don't know about where in Brimstone for Fuel/cabins/Food. If I remember I had gotten about 70 miles out of 3/4 of a tank of fuel. I have a 2.5 gal spare tank that mounts and I know the the Rhino that will be going got a little better fuel economy than me. The 4-wheelers I know carry less fuel but are more effiecient. We are going riding shortly and are going to track all the bikes for distances to know what we can all do. We would rather rough it in the hotel(hot showers and meals) than in the woods, but it would be cool 1 or 2 nights maybe. We wanted to plan 4-5 days to be safe, it may only be 3, but we were wanting to enjoy it and not have to push it to be back in 2 days. Hell we thought it was cool @ Royal Blue to have to ride from the campground we stayed @ to have to ride 45 minutes to the Perkins for breakfast. Someone had mentioned of a concern about trail width 50" riding in the areas we are talking about, where is this a concern. I've been to R.B. and Windrock and seen the law in the forest and we were over width and nothing at all was said. I think my rzr is 56-58" w/tires & lift and rhino is around 58". Is Brimstone any different? What about Hatfield Mccoy widths?
I am new to this forum. How do I get ahold of Dan? I think a couple people have mentioned his name as an experienced person on connecting these trails.
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:53 am

At the top of the page you see Mem list. Look for DAN in there then click on his name. Then click on the little note pad emblem and send him a Private message. To see if you have a message on top look under message
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:56 am

Looking back in the posts it looks like CE is talking about 50" max width for a few trails in Utah
Back to top Go down
CE

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:16 am

Repoman is correct. The 50" law applies to some, not all, of the trails in Utah. Out there, you can ride from one end of the state to the other. North, south, east, or west, all up to you. Ride into the local towns for gas, motel, food, or supplies. Utah is one of the ATV friendliest states out there. You guys get a chance to do a long road trip like that you should definitely check it out! Thumb
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:46 pm

The company I work for just started a 3 year job out there by Salt lake. Maybe I should put in for it and do some riding out there think
Back to top Go down
CE

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Are they looking for anyone else? lol!
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:46 pm

CE wrote:
Are they looking for anyone else? lol!
I was told there is not enough guys in the trade to keep up with all the power line work in the future
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:11 pm

?? i was in college for 2 years REPO, i trained for telecomunications ( lineman) also ran fiber optic. I am also a expirenced in riding harleys and atv's! Where do i apply !LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:29 am

ollie wrote:
?? i was in college for 2 years REPO, i trained for telecomunications ( lineman) also ran fiber optic. I am also a expirenced in riding harleys and atv's! Where do i apply !LOL!! This is our fiber guy hard at work!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Yep thats the job for me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
stonemtnrubicon

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:07 pm

MailMan wrote:
How bout riding this route then going on to WTOP (Middlesboro,KY) through there and on to Evarts. I think it is actually possible but don't expect me to guide. Would take a lot of planning and getting hooked up with the right people to lead the way. Dan probably knows most of it already.
...............papa smurf had ridden from coal creek to m/b many many times iv did 2 rides from lee county to coalcreek...... thats back when atvs could go through lake city......474 miles
Back to top Go down
http://www.swvatrailriders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?   

Back to top Go down

Trail to connect Windrock, Brimstone and Royal Blue?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2