Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

OHV4TN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:26 am

Here is an article that was in the Tennesseean today. That it would be interesting reading.

Has to do with TWRA letting Gas and Oil exploration on some of the WMA's including Royal Blue and Catoosa.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090321/GREEN02/903210343
Back to top Go down
THE ROXSTAR D
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:45 am

THATS BAD NEWS.....thats how coal creek started..letting gas and oil riggs on the property and now look what it has becoming..gravel trails taking all the ole good trails away...
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:27 am

Catoosa use to to be a great place to ride when I was a kid...no you can't ride there anymore. I have been told you can and you can't. So I went to the TWRA plpace here in Crossville and even called Nashville and they said NO ATV riding at all on Catoosa. Sad

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Bootlegger wrote:
Catoosa use to to be a great place to ride when I was a kid...no you can't ride there anymore. I have been told you can and you can't. So I went to the TWRA plpace here in Crossville and even called Nashville and they said NO ATV riding at all on Catoosa. Sad

That is not totally true. According to their rules:

Quoted from the Hunting Guide "ATV's and motorized Bikes are permitted by individuals possessing a hunting and fishing license and a WMA permit,, from the fourth Saturday in August through the Spring Squirrel Season."

The Spring Squirrel Season ends June 14th.

Also Catoosa is closed to ALL USERS from Feb 1st thru the Last Friday in March.

Therefore based on their information I am going to try and do some riding up there in May. This would put me out of the Turkey Season and the only hunters you may encounter would be small games. I would also imagine that you must stay on the designated roads or trails.

I will be testing this out and let you know how this works out. If you call on the phone you will always get the NO answer out of the TWRA. Everytime that I have called I have too.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Rooster wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:

That is not totally true. According to their rules:

Quoted from the Hunting Guide "ATV's and motorized Bikes are permitted by individuals possessing a hunting and fishing license and a WMA permit,, from the fourth Saturday in August through the Spring Squirrel Season."

The Spring Squirrel Season ends June 14th.

Also Catoosa is closed to ALL USERS from Feb 1st thru the Last Friday in March.

Therefore based on their information I am going to try and do some riding up there in May. This would put me out of the Turkey Season and the only hunters you may encounter would be small games. I would also imagine that you must stay on the designated roads or trails.

I will be testing this out and let you know how this works out. If you call on the phone you will always get the NO answer out of the TWRA. Everytime that I have called I have too.

I am just going by what they told me.....as far as geting out in a group to ride.....they sai NOPE!!

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Oh I agree. Forget about taking a group ride in Catoosa. They would be against that. I think as an individual rider you would be less likely hassled. If you do get stopped and asked what you were doing up there I have been told that Scouting for Hunting locations is allowed.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:22 pm

At most two ATVs together. I rode there several time in 06 under these same conditions. I never had a problem. I always carried my gun along... so I was hunting. As long as you have the appropriate license for the season... that is, don't get caught with a Small Game permit during a Big Game season. I was thinking these same thoughts last evening. With my Sportsman license, I am good to go until the end of the spring squirrel season.

Remember, it's what's written down that makes the difference. If the rules are written for the public, all the so called official talk in the world don't mean squat.
Back to top Go down
THE ROXSTAR D
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:55 pm

So did ms. Russell meet anyone
Back to top Go down
ivarussell

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:00 pm

No I didn't Bigbluegrizzd, ended up stuck here on my mountain. Keep me posted on future opportunities! iva@ivamichellerussell.com

Once again, if you want to keep posted on the OHV Legislative Agenda, then sign the guestbook at www.ohv4tn.org.

Thanks to everyone for all your questions and comments. Here if you need me.
M
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohv4tn.org
ivarussell

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:22 pm

TWRA Holding OHV Community Hostage

Nashville, TN - Legislative negotiations broke down Tuesday as the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) continues to hold the Tennessee Off-Highway Vehicle community hostage over federal funding expenditures.

"I just can't believe a governmental agency could be allowed to callously disregard the mandates of an Act that was passed by the legislature and signed by the Governor of this state" comments Iva Michelle Russell, Legislative Chairman for the Tennessee Off-Highway Vehicle Association (TOHVA) and Executive Director of OHV4TN. "The last time I checked, the needs of the people of this state were more important than governmental primacy".

The legislative negotiations revolve around the 2004 Tennessee Off-Highway Vehicle Act, sponsored by now Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey which started as a Governor's initiative in the late 1990's. The Act created an Off-Highway Vehicle program in the state of Tennessee that mandated a statewide system of environmentally sustainable trails as well as adult and youth safety education.

TWRA, the OHV program's current agency home, began receiving OHV federal grant money in 2004. TWRA has been exclusively using the funds at their Royal Blue facility in East Tennessee while also taking in OHV permit fees that have risen steadily over the years to over $64,000 in 2007. Discounted Hunting/OHV permits are not included in this figure. There is still $1.1 million in unused grant funds to date. The TWRA Commission has voted each year not to create further trail systems across the state nor create the adult and youth safety education programs stipulated in the Act.

The 2009 OHV legislative agenda (SB280, HB365) would transfer the OHV program from TWRA to the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC), allow TWRA to keep their Royal Blue facility, and mandate an equal distribution of federal funding between each grand division of the state. "TDEC is in the trail building business and we certainly don't want to be with an agency that has no desire to do anything with our program except take our money. There are over 880,000 OHV users in our state that are not currently being served and that is ridiculous." states Russell.

In the Tennessee Governor's 2002 Off-Highway Vehicle Study, OHV recreation had an estimated statewide economic impact of $3.4 Billion. Neighboring states have created trail systems that have successfully aided local rural economies as well as tax revenue. In a recent study, West Virginia saw an increase of $622,752 in state and local tax revenue, direct income of $2.7 million and 146 new jobs from their Hatfield-McCoy Trail System located in 8 WV rural counties.

-end-
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohv4tn.org
Grizz
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Thanks for the update. Keep it coming.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Keep going after them. Good job.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Tennessee Tornado
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:15 am

Perfect 10
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeTornado
GIP
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:11 am

what about the land the state bought in morgan county, with our tax dollars then set aside- no atv riding and they didn't buy the mineral rights now is being mined, people need to get their heads out of their rears
Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:43 am

Bump!............... so I can find this thread again
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:47 am

Glide,

This was the thread that appeared here last year. There were alot of passionate responses to this one. Including myself. It will not go any place but by reading thru it and comparing to the new information on the new thread you can piece together what has transpired. We Move Forward.
Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:12 am

yea that's what I figured.

whats that old saying ...... “Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

Thanks
Glide
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

I have received some information from the TOHV about the new proposed License Plate for Tennessee. Take a look at the link below for some of the design ideas that are being put together.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874961&page=3&highlight=tohva
Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:00 pm

Cool Rooster..really like the last ones he had on there with the forest background.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Yea, that is the one everyone seems to be leaning towards...
Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Very cool looking, would be getting one of those if it comes to pass..........I've had specialty plates of different wildlife org's for several years now and would support that cause as well.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:16 pm

I just got off the phone with Steve Melton, President of TOHVA. He said just as soon as they nail down the design that they will have to PRE-Sell 1,000 license plates before the State of Tennessee will even consider producing these. The Pre-Sales will be thru the TOHVA organization. I will be waiting anxiously for the word on this.

Also had a lengthy conversation about getting places to ride like Ky and W. Va. He said we have to get City, County and State Elected Officials behind the OHV programs and let our voices be heard in Nashville. He and his group have invited City and County officials out on a ride and got a favorable response. Education is key. These Government Officials need to hear our voices. They have the voting power to make all this happen.

Mr. Melton is a very passionate person about the OHV sport. I could tell that just from our conversation.

Last edited by Rooster on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Great. Keep us posted as I will be one of the 1000

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Awesome gob Rooster. Thanks for the updates.
Back to top Go down
g-man
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:42 pm

I plan to be one of the 1000....and David (DRM) lives just up the road from me....I am gonna get him to come riding with us sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   

Back to top Go down

OHV4TN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next