Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

OHV4TN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:38 pm

These are the minutes of the meeting for June of the TOHVA...

The TOHVA officers met last night in Manchester, Tn. (despite the the Bonnaroo crowd!) . Present were Steve Melton, David Moore, Michelle Russel, and Roger Theuer. Joe T. was unable to attend due to a previous engagement. No members-at-large were present.

The main topic of discussion was the TOHVA/Tennessee license plate issue. The art work on the plate is...for the most part...finalized and some tweaking on the words on the plate are remaining. The plate will then be sent to the state for approval. David Moore has spent many hours on this project and it is moving forward quickly. Thank you David.

The National Trail Symposium was discussed and the trail ride at Prentiss Cooper.This will be discussed at length at the July meeting(time and place TBA).
There was some discussion concerning TOHVA business cards, banners stickers/decals, and possibly shirts. This will also be addressed at the next meeting.

I am hoping that at future meetings that we ALL can sit down together and discuss what lies ahead for our organization. To have all the officers at one place at one time would be great in that we could get views and information from all the OHV communities. Though TOHVA is about 2 years old now.....it is still somewhat fragmented and still needs more organization. When I first got involved with all this, it was my goal to have individuals from EVERY SEGMENT of the off-highway vehicle community. In order for TOHVA to achieve it's goals that is necessary. We all (OHM,ATV,4X4) have issues that MUST be dealt with and this must start at the local level. Many people that participate in our sport/hobby may not know what lies ahead in Tennessee or do not understand the importance of land use issues. In my opinion.....this is where TOHVA should make itself known across the state and keep these individuals informed on ALL issues that affect them. First and foremost we should be the voice of the OHVer in our state.

Perhaps it is my military training speaking here....but....organization and planning are THE KEYS to any successful operation. Though TOHVA is moving forward now.....there still needs to be more organization. I plan to try and visit as many clubs and events as I possibly can this year to speak about TOHVA and our efforts. I would hope that all of you would do the same. I know that we all have full schedules and time is a rare commodity for most of us. The efforts that we put forth now will benefit everyone in the long-run. We must lay the foundation for TOHVA to succeed.

Thank you,
Steven Melton
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks Rooster

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:32 pm

I can see both side of the Tennessee license plate, But one thing worries me is as we all know if the Government/State gets their hands on something it spreads!

meaning it worry's me that they might require insurance for ALL OHV's...Well in our Case all Quads, and this being High risk it could get very expensive!

...just thinking out loud
Glide
Back to top Go down
bubbanewf

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by bubbanewf on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:54 pm

That could be very true Glide but what would be worse is no where to ride. Tennessee has missed the boat and the opportunities of many thousands of acres of state forest and properties to be utilized by many different forms of outdoor activities including OHV's. These other states have really laid the ground work for OHV's and trail systems. It would be an awesome thing if Tennessee could follow suit.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:57 pm

wydglide wrote:
I can see both side of the Tennessee license plate, But one thing worries me is as we all know if the Government/State gets their hands on something it spreads!

meaning it worry's me that they might require insurance for ALL OHV's...Well in our Case all Quads, and this being High risk it could get very expensive!

...just thinking out loud
Glide

Glide,

These are plates you can purchase for your Automobile or Truck. Exactly, Vanity Plates.
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Big G wrote:
That could be very true Glide but what would be worse is no where to ride. Tennessee has missed the boat and the opportunities of many thousands of acres of state forest and properties to be utilized by many different forms of outdoor activities including OHV's. These other states have really laid the ground work for OHV's and trail systems. It would be an awesome thing if Tennessee could follow suit.

NO DOUBT- TN get on board , im psyched , one day we ride from prentice all the way to Hatfield Mccoy.

Whoo hoo , Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:17 pm

well as ive said many times I'm still a newbie and really don't know what happened in years past in the ATV Community.

but the main reason I posted what I did was I was living in Ga when the State made it mandatory to have insurance and before that Law was passed, about all you heard was ohhh its going to be cheap and affordable for "Everybody" well after the law was passed Insurance rates went up like 5-10 times higher than anybody was promised/ expected.....well except insurance Company's!

don't get me wrong I think it would be cool to be able to run down to the post office or down the street to do what ever, but I also have learned to question Everything I don't feel 100% sure about.....its just using Common sense I feel! others may feel different and never question anything, but that is "their" right as an American.

As I said just thinking out loud Guyz, not trying to rain on everybody's parade!

Respects
Glide
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Glide,

It is cool my friend, don't think we were questioning you about your statement. Was just trying to clear up the confusion about the License Plate. What the TOHVA is trying to do is get the License Plate program started which would be a source of revenue for the OHV Initiative. I believe you will find that this forum like the ETATVR forum supports freedom of speech. We have a long way to go to get things accomplished to have riding like out neighbor states Ky and W.Va.
Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:46 am

Not a problem Rooster its a common mistake that newbies make when their not up to date on all the info.

also I think its a self defense mechanism, whenever the government/state gets involved, I automatically throw up my defense's......old habits die hard co co

Carry on Gentlemen, and keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
ivarussell

PostSubject: TOHVA License Plates   Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:20 pm

I am going to have to agree with your paranoia on the government end. The devil is always in the details...especially with those folks. Plus you have anti-access people always lobbying to hamstring our efforts on every level. They are a carnivorous bunch and they usually find very devious ways to do their work (like higher insurance).

The TOHVA License Plate legislation is harmless and, indeed, helpful to the cause. As we move forward with the rest, we must always be on the watch for predators. Of course, there will be compromises that we will have to make in order to mainstream our goals of a statewide system of trails. These will probably include better safety standards and education...especially with our youth riders. We will have to be very "eco-friendly" with our trail building and we will have to practice better trail manners.

The prototype program being put together brings the trail building closer to the end user. Ideally a public/private partnership with county/city governments and the local ohv community. The final details should never be decided by state or federal govt but by the people who will be using the trails on a local level. The state should only provide the technical resources and overall planning support as well as grant funding to the local entities.

Lastly, adventure tourism can bring much needed dollars to rural communities. By developing trails that fit into the "flavor" of the local area, we can brand ourselves in unique ways. Let's be the best at who we are and not try to be like someone else.

When the TOHVA License Plate gets unveiled and ready for sale in the very near future, I would highly advise everyone to purchase one. It is time we all come together and make our voice heard. We must all be warriors for the cause, because the enemy has spoken long enough.

BTW, we even need to keep an eye on our own selves as we progress towards our goals. We must all be aware of the devil and his many incarnations.

Onward Ho!
Iva Michelle Russell
OHV4TN
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohv4tn.org
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks for the update Iva

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OHV4TN   

Back to top Go down

OHV4TN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4