Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

The Big Buck GNCC UTV Race Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: The Big Buck GNCC UTV Race Report   Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Union, South Carolina, April 4, 2009

Ready for the start
William Yokley finished 1st Overall and 1st in the Open Modified Class today in South Carolina. There were 60 total entries with 25 Open Modified teams. The guest passenger for this race was Rod Cooper.

Summary
This was the first GNCC UTV race of the 2009 season, and there was a big turnout of teams. I invited my friend Rod Cooper to join me in the cockpit for a nice smooth ride through the woods! After the 2 hour ATV race, I only had about 45 minutes to cool down and get some fluids back in me before the UTV race started. The course was 4 miles long and had a little of everything - tight woods, creeks & mudholes, fast fire trails, and plenty of whoops.

New for this year was a live engine start with 5 teams per row, and each row starting in 10 second intervals. This was done to reduce the carnage created by mass, dead engine starts last year. We were on row 1; when the flag dropped, I nailed it and the National Guard Polaris RZR pulled a wheel stand. That had never happened before! We got the hole shot and tip toed around the first few turns until we got into the woods. I felt my way around that first lap, and got a feel where the obstacles were then tried to pick up the pace.

There were several bottlenecks after a few laps, and alternate lines were necessary to get through. We got held up a few times when there was only one way up some long, muddy hills. There were many damaged machines throughout the course as well as pieces and parts scattered along the trail. I only had to use our horn (front bumper) a few times to pass lappers, but all in all, everyone was courteous.

We finished 7 laps in a little over one hour, and had a nice gap over 2nd place. Our RZR ran flawlessly and strong the whole time. We ran a totally stock engine and clutch, which speaks well for the way Polaris builds these things. We had a great day and Rod didnít whine or scream the entire event, although he did say he may be a couple of inches shorter after all the pounding!

The next UTV race is in Somerset, Pa on May 16. I look forward to racing again; these things are a blast to drive! See you there.

Yokley Racing Team Sponsors are The Army National Guard, Polaris Industries, Kenda Tires, Elka Suspension, Roll Design, HMF Exhaust Systems, IMS/Roll, PURE Polaris Lubricants & Fuels, Intense Fabrication & Design, Douglas Wheel Technology, Moto Pro Training, Tire Balls, Andrews Cycle, Tsubaki Chains, IMS, Four Apparel, ASV Levers, CV4 Hoses, Hygh Octane Design, PIER Graphics, Universal Handlebars, Scott Goggles, ATVRiders.com, Hetrick Motorsports, Powermadd, and Rekluse Clutches.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup, †2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1