Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Baja Series – Skid Plates Review (ATVSource.com)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Baja Series – Skid Plates Review (ATVSource.com)   Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:26 pm

After-market skid plates are a must have for any ATV. As for the Raptor, the stock machine has no A-Arm protection. You can see from some of the battle wounds on the stock machine the effects of not having sufficient protection. I would hate to have one of the front wheels fall off after fatiguing the steel of the A-Arms, especially with the power and speed produced from the Raptor 700. Protruding rocks can create quite a bit of damage to exposed framing. Attaching the Baja Series A-Arm skid plates was easy and took only a few minutes to install. With the addition of the skid plates, the glancing blows from obstacles will protect the critical framing components.

Although the Raptor does have a stock chassis skid plate, it is made from a hardened plastic, existing only as minimum protection. After a short-period of riding, the stock skid plate will be gashed and gouged, and depending on the severity of impacts, permanently damaged. Adding the lightweight, aluminum Baja Series skid plate from DG Performance was, again, a breeze. The durability difference is obvious when comparing aluminum to hardened plastic. While DG did leave an opening to drain the oil from the engine crankcase, the Raptor, additionally, has an engine oil tank drain which is inaccessible once the DG Chassis skid plate is installed. Since Yamaha recommends that both drain bolts be removed during oil changes, the skid plate will have to be removed each time.

As for the Swing-Arm protection, the durability differences were, again, obvious. DG’s Swing-Arm protection, also, had less curvature and recesses than the stock skid plate, giving fewer opportunities for mud and debris to build-up. Flatter surfaces, creating less drag, are better for sliding over trail protrusions. We did, however, encounter one problem during installation of the Swing-Arm skid plate. The bolts provided to fasten the skid plate to the undercarriage were not long enough. As seen from the photo, only two threads were left to “bite” into the mating bolt hole. The fix: purchase longer bolts from the local hardware store.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Baja Series – Skid Plates Review (ATVSource.com)   Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:35 pm

I love my Ricochet skids. I would have another atv without them.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Baja Series – Skid Plates Review (ATVSource.com)   Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:15 pm

Bootlegger wrote:

I made mine by printing some pics of richochets and having a welder freind of mine cut and weld them for me. I love them..

I need to order some richochet A ARM guards for my bomb though
Back to top Go down
GIP
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Baja Series – Skid Plates Review (ATVSource.com)   Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:57 pm

Bootlegger wrote:

shouldn't that be would not blah blah blah Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baja Series – Skid Plates Review (ATVSource.com)   

Back to top Go down

Baja Series – Skid Plates Review (ATVSource.com)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1