Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
danb303

PostSubject: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:32 pm

I live in NE Alabama and I would like to find someone that knows how to work on Brutes. I want someone who has workwd on them and KNOWS what they are doing. I also have a friend with an 07 Brute that wants to find a mechanic
Back to top Go down
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:42 pm

what does he need done to it?
Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:51 pm

He had the local guy put a clutch kit in it and told him not to put one in that would jerk. His not only jerks into gear but no longer holds back going down a hill.

He also installed a cdi at the same time and told him that a pipe really wouldn't help him?

I will be installing a Penland ECO pipe on mine and want to know if I have to have a PCIII or an optimizer before I can install it. I would also like to have a better clutch set up (I have 26 inch tires) and would like to discuss it with someone that would know.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:08 pm

well......not sure what is going on with it jerking?? what clutch kit did your friend have installed? what size tires is he running?? what year is yours? you will need a pc3 if you have an efi brute.....when i'm running my 26" bighorns....my only clutch work is an almond secondary from epi.....that is all you need! no more......we will try to help ya out!
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigdaddywilbur
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Bootlegger or bigdaddy would be your man! Give him a PM.
Where in Collinsville are you? I live in sand valley/ duck springs about 10 min. from you.
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:09 pm

WOW! that was fast BD!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:10 pm

What are you wanting to do to it???

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:11 pm

well if your brute force is fuel injected than yes you will have to have a PCIII, and they do not make a cdi box for a 08-09 750 brute yet!! hmf optimizeris a NO!!!! you can not take away fuel with an optmizer, i recently had my 08 750 tuned by john cannon and he had to take away 18% of fuel away from mine and all i have is a lrd slip on exhaust...as for as clutchin talk to bootlegger! i know notta bout that but as far as anything else goes i have pretty much done it all to one ask canamchris!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:15 pm

danb303 wrote:
He had the local guy put a clutch kit in it and told him not to put one in that would jerk. His not only jerks into gear but no longer holds back going down a hill.

He also installed a cdi at the same time and told him that a pipe really wouldn't help him?

I will be installing a Penland ECO pipe on mine and want to know if I have to have a PCIII or an optimizer before I can install it. I would also like to have a better clutch set up (I have 26 inch tires) and would like to discuss it with someone that would know.

The ONLY thing you need is an EPI Almond Secondary Spring. the PCIII is the best way to go....and the only way if you have snorkels. Sounds like your buddy had a bigger primary spring put in his....The jerking is the stall.....when you give it gas it revs and then jerks hard....???? is that correct?? A pipe will help your...the best Pipe is either an HMF Swamp Series if your riding in any mud/water or a Utility will be fine for trail riding. If you want a full system Big Gun will give you the most power.

All you need for both of your clutches is an Almond Secondary. you can put a Pink Primary and it has NO stall and will help some. DO NOT go above a maroon Primary i you do not want any stall. what year is both of your alls bikes???

I can probably answer about any question you have about a Brute Force...if i can't I will get the answer for you... Wink

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Perfect 10 why would they of put a secondary in?? not sure why they would of done that.....doesn't sound like they are mudding??!! you got 3 brute lovers here all saying the same thing........so either we are brilliant or stupid!!!! wheelie
look forward to figuring it out with ya!

by the way.......welcome to CATVR!!!
Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:46 pm

I'll find out about his clutch kit. I am pretty sure they put the kit in and not just a Spring. His Brute is a 07 model with 29.5 swamplites
I smoked him and a Suzuki was wanting to race him so he went to the local Kawi shop and asked what he could do and they said CDI box and a clutch kit. They installed both and it does rev then jerk into gear. He spent 600 bucks and the difference was barely noticable. I told him to order some 27 inch tires and he would be tons better but he likes the big tires.

I have a 2008 Brute. Bought it new 2 months ago and have decided it is time to start the mods Smile I want to do a pipe ( just bought a Penland ECO series slip on 2nd hand) and need to adjust my fuel to match. So I need to either wait on the VDI box or order a power commander. But I hear conflicting stories on the PC... some good some bad.

Where is this Cannon guy that can tune my FI?

When I had the 25 inch tires the clutch was fine but with the 26 inch radials it seems to have a little bit of ?? play or something. SO who can do the clutch spring and how much will that cost?
Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Oh Ollie I live right slap in the middle of the Big city of Collinsville. Do you ride around here much?
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:09 pm

dand303 ... your buddies clutch work the rev then jerk thats the primary stall dunno what size of a primary they put in there. but basically to simplify it, it is a stall it will not engage until the primary pushes the stiff spring far enough inwards. If he is running 29.5's swamp lites he needs to run anywhere from stock to maroon on the primary and a red secondary with stock weights he can run lighter weights but its not gonna rev up as fast or as high if he puts a stiffer spring in the primary. If he wants noticably more power out of that brute tell him to buy a pipe, and go get the vforce john stage III clutch mod done.. i run 29.5 outlaws on my brute and keep up with people on 27 and 28 inch mudlites on brutes with my mods. i actually get the hole shot and beat them up to about 200ft then they pass me but thats cause my secondary spring tops me out at 63mph.

as for your FI brute if you have the time and the money get the pc and take it to john cannon hes probably the best FI tuner there is period. if you dont have him tune it the pc is still the way to go as far as being able to tune it yourself.

anything you ever wana know just ask if i have not allready done it to my bike i know someone who has.
Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 pm

Thanks jks
Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:25 pm

Now, who will change the clutch spring? and when? and how much? Smile
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:50 pm

you can buy the tools from EPI......i bought them online.....got delivered and wham i was done in a couple hours.....
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Dan, i ride around ( up behind Cox Chappel) or drive to talladega (brecon access). Try to ride as much as i can up with these Tennesse boys!
We are going to wilborns for the races,
Also going to try stoney lonesome ohv. You riding anywhere in Collinsville?

If you need help with the springs let me know. How hard is it to change them guys? I have done my kings 3x,4x times.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:10 pm

not hard.....after a couple beverages of choice you will be done.....just the pain is buying the tools to do it......Boots and i where actually speaking earlier about how crazy it is for them to be so expensive.....
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:13 pm

this is who i buy everything from.....

no need with swamplites to be needing a stall! just put in a lime green....kinda overkill with the red.....but you will not have any slipping for sure!

https://www.erlandsonperformance.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=EPI&Category_Code=Kawasaki
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:36 pm

BD, which tool do you need for the Brutes? Would i be able to make this tool? I made mine for the king ( roto holder and spring compressor) I think theres a different tool needed for Brutes, Boot, which one is it?

I have a great bunch of maintenance guys on my crew and could have them make some if its easy enough.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:44 pm

yes it can be made......lots of guys do it on highlifter......i'm not a fabricator to be sure....
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:45 pm

this is step to step with pictures......and even a how to make the tool......

http://www.mudinmyblood.com/clutchspringinstall.html
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:46 pm

now just send me the 6 pack and i'll direct traffic from here...... woo
Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:35 pm

So, who's wants this job Smile

Does everyone agree with the almond spring? with my 26 radial tires?
Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:36 pm

Another quick question

If my Brute is running rich enough to start fouling my plugs wouldn't a pipe help me with the rich condition?

Ollie, We have great places to ride around Collinsville. we sometimes ride a place called Calahan's cave and of course Little Rock City. So far my favorite is Aetna Mtn. Only been there once. I'm thinking of riding this weekend at Aetna???

Come up sometime and we will explore the big city.

Site Rocks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   

Back to top Go down

Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next