Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:46 pm

BigDaddy wrote:
now just send me the 6 pack and i'll direct traffic from here...... woo

roll OK, but there going to be empty to save on shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:51 pm

danb303 wrote:
Another quick question

Ollie, We have great places to ride around Collinsville. we sometimes ride a place called Calahan's cave and of course Little Rock City. So far my favorite is Aetna Mtn. Only been there once. I'm thinking of riding this weekend at Aetna???

Come up sometime and we will explore the big city.

Site Rocks

Good deal! there are 4 of us on here from the gadsden area, you'll have to ride with us at brecon, its wicked!!
wheres Aetna mtn.???
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 pm

danb303 wrote:
I'll find out about his clutch kit. I am pretty sure they put the kit in and not just a Spring. His Brute is a 07 model with 29.5 swamplites
I smoked him and a Suzuki was wanting to race him so he went to the local Kawi shop and asked what he could do and they said CDI box and a clutch kit. They installed both and it does rev then jerk into gear. He spent 600 bucks and the difference was barely noticable. I told him to order some 27 inch tires and he would be tons better but he likes the big tires.

I have a 2008 Brute. Bought it new 2 months ago and have decided it is time to start the mods Smile I want to do a pipe ( just bought a Penland ECO series slip on 2nd hand) and need to adjust my fuel to match. So I need to either wait on the VDI box or order a power commander. But I hear conflicting stories on the PC... some good some bad.

Where is this Cannon guy that can tune my FI?

When I had the 25 inch tires the clutch was fine but with the 26 inch radials it seems to have a little bit of ?? play or something. SO who can do the clutch spring and how much will that cost?

here is the link for tuning....
http://www.mudanddirt.com/madtuning.htm

If your buddy has 29.5 Swamplites he don't need any more than a Lime Green secondary spring. If he will put a Pink Primary which has NO stall It will even it out somewhat but the pink Primary is not a must....but it will help.

danb303 wrote:
Now, who will change the clutch spring? and when? and how much? Smile

most dealers will for about $50

danb303 wrote:
So, who's wants this job Smile

Does everyone agree with the almond spring? with my 26 radial tires?

Yes...all you need is an Almond secondary for yours....

danb303 wrote:
Another quick question

If my Brute is running rich enough to start fouling my plugs wouldn't a pipe help me with the rich condition?

Ollie, We have great places to ride around Collinsville. we sometimes ride a place called Calahan's cave and of course Little Rock City. So far my favorite is Aetna Mtn. Only been there once. I'm thinking of riding this weekend at Aetna???

Come up sometime and we will explore the big city.

Site Rocks

Yes...it can....butif you add a pipe you NEED to but a PCIII or if its a carb model a Dynojet jet Kit.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Boot how hard is it to do the Brutes clutches? Easy/hard compared to the kings?
Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Where is brecon?
Aetna Mtn is just across the Al state line (going north). I think it is the Tiftonia Exit. It is Awesome. I would love to ride something new like brecon. Let me know when you are going and I will bring a couple of freinds.

All of my freinds like to have a cold drink when they ride... might be a problem for some? I don't drink but they ALL do. Smile
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Boot and BD you guys do realize those swamp lites are as heavy as a 29.5 outlaw dont you i know the swamp lites are 38pounds and im pretty sure the outlaws are like 36pounds a tire. I would strongly recommend the red, lime green might cut it but id rather be safe than sorry especially if you ride those swamp lites in thick mud any thing smaller than a red is not gonna cut it. for the primary i would leave it stock or go with the pink and stock weights. and really it all depends on what he wants it to do to!!!! let us know a little more about what he is wanting out of it and i can better help you figure your clutching out. i have installed every spring there is for a brute force.
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:00 pm

ollie wrote:

dunno exactly about the kings i have seen a how to on the kings and honestly they look kinda similar atleast the primarys do i have never seen a secondary.. they are easy its just messing with them to figure out where you want them that is hard its easy to just install a spring its difficult to get them tuned exactly how you want it.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 pm

opps......i thought the swamplites where lighter.....you are the man with the stats.....good job!
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigdaddywilbur
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:01 pm

I have done my kings clutchs a few times, after reading over the link Bigdaddy poster, the kings is a lot easier to do.
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 pm

danb303 wrote:
Where is brecon?
Aetna Mtn is just across the Al state line (going north). I think it is the Tiftonia Exit. It is Awesome. I would love to ride something new like brecon. Let me know when you are going and I will bring a couple of freinds.

All of my freinds like to have a cold drink when they ride... might be a problem for some? I don't drink but they ALL do. Smile

I'll let you know when we go that way, i don't drink, at least not while riding. I guess as long as they are careful, i don't mind! just want to ride!!
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 pm

jksimpson wrote:
Boot and BD you guys do realize those swamp lites are as heavy as a 29.5 outlaw dont you i know the swamp lites are 38pounds and im pretty sure the outlaws are like 36pounds a tire. I would strongly recommend the red, lime green might cut it but id rather be safe than sorry especially if you ride those swamp lites in thick mud any thing smaller than a red is not gonna cut it. for the primary i would leave it stock or go with the pink and stock weights. and really it all depends on what he wants it to do to!!!! let us know a little more about what he is wanting out of it and i can better help you figure your clutching out. i have installed every spring there is for a brute force.

They both weigh 39lbs. each in 10 inch width. but for just trail riding and what he is doing a Lime Green is fine...I wouldn't got any higher than a Blue spring...it the one between the Lime Green and Red.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:50 pm

ollie wrote:

The KQ & Brute CVT are different....the KQ is not any harder its just they kinda of work different.... Like on a Brute you can run stock weights and change springs and do real good as to where on the KQ the weights are a key factor. There are alot more options for the Brute though. There Primarys look different but the secondary is close...cause the KQ has Roller weights and the BF does not.

For the secondary its just a spring compressor tool....I think you can use it a KQ on a BF...cause EPI only sales one...

think Well that will give me something to research and read about at work tomorrow. Razz Laughing Laughing

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:10 am

LOL! Well, I ot the spring compressor ( homemade, stainless steel!) If you are going to try to do it your self, shoot me a line and you can use mine.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:17 am

ollie wrote:
LOL! Well, I ot the spring compressor ( homemade, stainless steel!) If you are going to try to do it your self, shoot me a line and you can use mine.

I had a new once upon a time...loan it to a guy I barely new....haven't seen it since...I am NOT being nice anymore.... Laughing DO you have a clutch puller??? Looks like a big bolt?

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:47 am

I have the spring compressor, the "Puller" is there anything special about it? Any one have the measurements? After reading the Link BD posted, i think i could do it, I might have to call you a few times !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:49 am

ollie wrote:
I have the spring compressor, the "Puller" is there anything special about it? Any one have the measurements? After reading the Link BD posted, i think i could do it, I might have to call you a few times !!!!!!!!

Not sure on the measurements I have no way of making them...

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:53 am

Do you use the same tool on other makes? If any one could get me the measurements, i would be willing to try and make one, or two!
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:07 am

Bootlegger wrote:
ollie wrote:

I had a new once upon a time...loan it to a guy I barely new....haven't seen it since...I am NOT being nice anymore.... Laughing DO you have a clutch puller??? Looks like a big bolt?
I got one Boot, Thats pretty Crap of that guy not to return that to you. Hasnt he been back in the store?
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:41 am

REPOMAN wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:
ollie wrote:

I got one Boot, Thats pretty Crap of that guy not to return that to you. Hasnt he been back in the store?

NOPE..... rant rant rant rant He still will not answer his phone.....I called after I left your house Saturday. No

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:49 pm

OK, I talked to my buddy with the 07 Brute. He went back to ask about the clutch and the guy told him that it won't hold back because of the CDI box that he installed. He said it overides the computer and tells it not to hold back. Wow!

I ask him if he knew what clutch kit he put in it and he said that he got a box and it had like 3 springs in it. He did remember the mechanic telling him that he was going to put a red spring in it
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:11 pm

the cdi will NOT make that fourwheeler hold back, it has nuttin to do with that, all the cdi does is control the ignition system!!
Back to top Go down
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Yea, that mechanic is a quack!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:56 pm

danb303 wrote:
OK, I talked to my buddy with the 07 Brute. He went back to ask about the clutch and the guy told him that it won't hold back because of the CDI box that he installed. He said it overides the computer and tells it not to hold back. Wow!

I ask him if he knew what clutch kit he put in it and he said that he got a box and it had like 3 springs in it. He did remember the mechanic telling him that he was going to put a red spring in it

Thats the thing.....Red Primary or Red Secondary???? The Red Primary has alot of stall to it.

When its in grear and he hits the gas does it rev up and then jerk hard???

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 pm

need to quit using that mechanic.....and maybe give him or the dealer a Dead Horse $600 for what? a clutch kit install? was that all?
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigdaddywilbur
danb303

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:01 pm

yea, that's what he said. It would rev a little then jerk into gear

No, He also got the CDI box in with that 600 bucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?   

Back to top Go down

Where is a good Brute Force Mechanic?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next