Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 pm

thanks pwm...
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:31 pm

hope you have a safe trip......good to hear that your brute is up and running well.....oh yes.....kick some butt! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigdaddywilbur
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:11 pm

I will try bigdaddy.. next year will be a much better year.. i allready have most of the parts for my 840kit so next year i shouldnt have any excuses bike will be well built by next year..
Back to top Go down
bamajeepjunkie
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm still working on mine. Got the new piston in, now trying to find a key for the time gear. Hope she'll be done for the race. My plan is to race, but it's not looking good so far.
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:15 pm

diamond g racing for timing keys bama... they are fast shipping too.. love to see you there if you are or are not racing this should be a descent turn out..
Back to top Go down
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:42 pm

I had all plans of attending this race but My employer uncle same says differnet. We still have around 50 engines to produce this month( by friday) and its not looking good. The new 85 million dollar plant isnt working as good as they planned( imagine that)...

They asked me what the problem was and I told them you waited until today to put mechanics on one of the lines to build them..

Good luck TCM..
Back to top Go down
bamajeepjunkie
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:15 am

jksimpson wrote:
diamond g racing for timing keys bama... they are fast shipping too.. love to see you there if you are or are not racing this should be a descent turn out..
The thing that worries me is it's the third off-set key I've sheared. Going back with standard woodruff key. Hope to have her running today. Wheeler
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:08 pm

hope you do to let me know bama.. im still trying to get info for this race im really wanting to go but the people who put the races on at wilborns really suck when it comes to information or what their plans are.. i dont want to go down there again for a small crowd of what like 10 bikes or so not my cup of tea.. and i dont want to spend an arm and a leg to get into the park etc... i wish who ever was putting this bog together would answer people when they ask them questions regarding it.. im worried about them being able to draw a crowd alot of people on H.L are not going to go and are a little upset with the way this bog has been handled..
Back to top Go down
bamajeepjunkie
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 am

Well she is runnin, got an exhaust leak (right at the header pipe).

I'm right there with ya JK. They charge racers to get in the gate, and spectators alike, then don't put up any money for the race pot. IMO if they are chargeing racers at the gate and to enter the race, they should put some of the gate money in the pot. Just about everyone there stops by and watches the race. Also if you noticed they had banners up all along the entrance and some by the pit (I bet they get some $ for that). $$ brings in racers, for the most part anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:26 am

All the info for the race is on Wilborns Site/Forum. The only info I can't get and have ask atleast in 3-4 different places was what time registration was??? The Drivers meeting is posted on HL for 11:00... but on Wilborns site its 10:30. So I would go with the 10:30 Drivers meeting and the race starts at 11:30am. Not sure why its so early....but oh well. Thats the time and there is nothing we can do about it...just like the HLPSR classes....I have seen a TON of guys complaining about it....I do know that BU called Scott and he said NO...that was the classes that Hl runs now. HL classes does SUCK!! They have the 0-500cc....then the 500-750cc Single Cylinder class.....then the 500 & Up V-Twin class...then the Open class. So you know all the guys with the 500 Vtwins and most all the 650 guys are not going to waste $20 to run one time and then be on the trailer. I mean that is if you have a stock motor.....cause you will be running against the FCP 999cc Can-Am's and the 1,000cc + AMR Thundercats. I mean if you have a 650 Brute Force or Can-Am and its really an 801,840, or bigger....you will be fine on a 650 Class bike. I have read that they blame the HL class changes on Adam... Rolling Eyes Cause of his 500 last year....so what...he had a very fast 500....he broke "NO" rules at all. I do know that its that its $20 a spectator and something about $10 a passenger on an atv....got to love how they always go up on prices for a bigger event....but what I love the most is when the attendance is down cause of their greed...to me it serves them right.

I sent you a PM Justin....it tells you more about what the HLPSR is this year. Its nothing like the one you and I were at last year. I hope that helps some. As far as the Mud Nutz go....Papa Mud Nut said he would see me there....that was on Monday. I will call and ask if they have changed their mind.

Sorry about not posting much in the last 5 weeks or so.....this is only the second post I have made in a long time.....just taking a break. If any of you all from TCM need to get in contact with me about racing....just call or PM me....I get an email when I get a PM so I will know to check it. You guys are doing a Great Job.....see ya at the Races!!!

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
bamajeepjunkie
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Sounds like they are planning on a big group. I'm going to make for sure everything is sealed up good. What time ya'll thinking about getting there?
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:38 pm

i dont know what is the time zone there anyway.. id hate to be late cause im in a diff time zone.. i was thinking about being there about 10:00 am..
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:40 pm

i agree with you shawn thats why i started a big deal with the gate fee if i have to pay 20 dollars to enter the park and 20 to race the gate fee should be added to the racers they should atleast kick in 15% of the gate fee's..
Back to top Go down
bamajeepjunkie
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 am

We are on Central Daylight savings Time. I should be there before 10am.
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 pm

allright guys im all packed up and ready to go.. is everyone going??? figured id see some post on here by now.. well i guess you guys can give me a call if you want i got a new phone and all your numbers were lost with the old one my # is still the same hope to see you all there i should be there around 9-10 im bringing my buddy hes got a red brute with 28 inch mudlites...
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:19 am

Good Luck guys...I am picking mine up in about an hour. See you all next month....

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:32 pm

shawn did a great job congratulations on the 3rd place finish shawn and i got you text message this morning im glad everything worked out.. me and my buddy trail rode till about 5pm down there you should have stuck around longer we had a blast the hills there are huge i was like affraid when i had to go down a couple of them..

well all i can say about my bike this time is that it was running good there was no problems but i did not do as well as i usually do.. i thought running the c-locks and everthing i could probably ride my bike without any weight added and it was a huge mistake the only thing i did from start to finish was ride a wheelie all the way through it.. i couldnt keep the front end down if i wanted too.. i myself thought i did terrible my first race i got beat by about 1/4 of the pit got 3rd outta the 4wide racers.. in my second race i got 3rd out of the 4 wide racers but i was right behind blake man and ms. robertson with their big lifted bikes.. Congrats to high lifter they put on a show and the new polaris bikes after seeing them and racing against them are some pretty impressive bikes the 850xp is a beast to be reconing with...
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:17 pm

sounds like you had a good time JKsimpson......got any pics of the action?
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:39 pm

So you took 3rd in the Lite Class....Great Job Shaun...I am proud of you buddy. Justin....Great job to you as well. I picked mine up yesterday...so I will see you all the next go around.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:03 pm

BigDaddy wrote:
sounds like you had a good time JKsimpson......got any pics of the action?

nope i dont have any pic's but i did have a blast racing and trail riding i like doing the best of both world im gonna regret it next year the brute will be a bog build only will not be able to be trail rode... hey BD you gonna be making any more trailrides this year???? id like to meet up with you all at a ride sometime soon before it gets cold outside..
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:27 pm

that would be great......i'm headed north......i wish for the HL east nats.....but have grandma's 90th.......so i will be up for the sxs weekend.......labor day........and also the weekend of the fall jam......up at windrock.......love to do some hanging out and hitting some trails.....
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:33 pm

when is the fall jam at windrock.. i'll see if i can pencil it in...
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:38 pm

ink it in......our cumberland atv rider leader is hosting yet again a wonderful cookout.....PHIL and Karen are 2 of the best people you will EVER meet!!! PWM rocks!! come down for the friday nite cookout and then lets ride together on saturday..........
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:41 pm

what is the date for this ride BD
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Oct 23-25 come on down

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog   

Back to top Go down

Wilborns Race August 29th & HLPSR....Cancer Bog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next