Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

polaris 850

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mudder

PostSubject: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 am

is the polaris 850 more powerful and faster than the brute force and the can ams? i know the can ams are bad.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:53 am

well.....if your talking flat out drags race......a brute will lose to both of them.....and from what i've seen.....the popo and the canned ham are pretty close......go with what you like.....if your just concerned about speed.....you may want to get a renegade.....
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigdaddywilbur
mudder

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 am

ive got a polaris 500 x2 i like it alot but im thinkn about getting another that is more powerful. alot of people i ride with dont like polaris. they say they tear up alot. a couple of them have the brute force, they sound real good. i saw a mud bog at windrock in the spring and the can ams were awesome. but i dont know anybody thats got the polaris 850, they say its got 70 horses. i was just wondering how it stacked up. im also considering the rzr. i just want to be a little faster and go thru the mud better than every body else
Back to top Go down
mudder

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:07 am

do the renegades come with racks?
Back to top Go down
Tennessee Tornado
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:14 am

mudder wrote:
ive got a polaris 500 x2 i like it alot but im thinkn about getting another that is more powerful. alot of people i ride with dont like polaris. they say they tear up alot. a couple of them have the brute force, they sound real good. i saw a mud bog at windrock in the spring and the can ams were awesome. but i dont know anybody thats got the polaris 850, they say its got 70 horses. i was just wondering how it stacked up. im also considering the rzr. i just want to be a little faster and go thru the mud better than every body else

Doesn't everybody? LOL!!! I'm not gonna be faster than anyone on my Bayou but that little booger is tough!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeTornado
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:19 am

Jughead has got a new 850, its SWEET!
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:30 am

Big Daddy is correct.....For just Mudding or Racing...The Can-Am's are a GREAT bike.....for the trail...I am still not convinced they will hold up. I love the new Polaris 850....from what I seen in person of the 2 Drag the 850 PoPo Beat the 800R by about 1-1.5 bikes length everytime....both of them had Outlaws though. If it was me and I was going to trail ride with it...the Polaris 850 I guess...Outta those 2 bikes.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:43 am

any of the three are SWEEEEET!! what i would do......get the one that has a dealer that will stand behind his product......just like one of our guys said he blew a belt and the dealer met him at the shop to get him a new one.....like my dealer.....i have my modded out and they warranty it all......they just ask that i bring it by after each new mod.....like with the snorkels.....they put it in the seadoo pool to see if it was waterproof......they where going to warranty it if not......but they wanted to make sure i was good to go.......find a dealer and heck you'll be good with any of them.....if you lose a drag race or 2......just go find a hole that they can't make it through......just have fun man! woo afro
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:04 pm

BigDaddy wrote:
any of the three are SWEEEEET!! what i would do......get the one that has a dealer that will stand behind his product......just like one of our guys said he blew a belt and the dealer met him at the shop to get him a new one.....like my dealer.....i have my modded out and they warranty it all......they just ask that i bring it by after each new mod.....like with the snorkels.....they put it in the seadoo pool to see if it was waterproof......they where going to warranty it if not......but they wanted to make sure i was good to go.......find a dealer and heck you'll be good with any of them.....if you lose a drag race or 2......just go find a hole that they can't make it through......just have fun man! woo afro

Great Post Big Daddy... hail Perfect 10

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
mudder

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:09 pm

we do have fun. we dont really race or anything, just trail riding. where we ride the most there is alot of deep mudholes and i like playn in them. some of them nobody goes in. i also like going wide open sometimes to. my kids have a suzuki 160 and it will go just about every where everybody else goes, it surprised everybody, it just kinda floated thru everything
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:20 pm

mudder wrote:
we do have fun. we dont really race or anything, just trail riding. where we ride the most there is alot of deep mudholes and i like playn in them. some of them nobody goes in. i also like going wide open sometimes to. my kids have a suzuki 160 and it will go just about every where everybody else goes, it surprised everybody, it just kinda floated thru everything

Sounds like you need some Snorkels...If you get a Brute I will do it for you.. Snorkel Let us know what you get.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Some of you guys kill me...

Can-Am builds the best all around ATV...PERIOD!

You guys already know and openly admit, you can't beat them on a drag strip (WR Spring Jam winner...Renegade) or in a mud pit...you mud guys get pounded by them every time you enter a pit with them. And as far as being suitable for trail riding...we just finished up 7 of the toughest, rockiest, nastiest Utah trails I have ever been on with 4 Can-Ams and the only thing that got beat up was the bottom of the skid plates...all of the bikes made it through with 0 mechanical or electrical problems...yeah, they do just fine on the trails.

You want the best bike...get a Can-Am...you want to always be second...buy anything else.

If your into speed, you can't beat a Renegade...Want great trail ability and comfort ? (with a better than anyone else has, amount of speed) get an Outlander. You get what you pay for, Can-Ams are quite expensive and worth every last penny!
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:23 pm

i think at times some of you canam boyz get paid for your words....i've owned just about every kind of machine....4 hondas, 2 canams, 1 kingquad, 4 bruteforces, 3 arctic cats and 1 yammer...... every single machine has it flaws......what i'm trying to say.....it is important to find a dealer that will warranty that canam when you crack the frame......and when you find that dealer......and make sure you ask him if he has warrantied it before....run if he says hes not aware of the problem.....same as a suzuki dealership saying they aren't aware of their junk air filters....get on some machines.....make sure they fit you.....not your buddy.....

roll OD i think your next canam endorsement check is in the mail...... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:28 pm

by the way......my dealer just added on Cannedhams.......BigDaddy sure is thinking that the new 2 up is in my near future!!!
Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:45 pm

I wish I could get an endorsement check from them...I think I've earned one...HeHe.

The new Red Max Ltd 800R with Power Steering, Air Ride rear suspension, GPS and updated Visco-Lok is very certainly in my future... Twisted Evil

I have had quite a few bikes myself, and I would still put a Can-Am up against any of them...nuf said.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:59 pm

yes.....it has a garmin nuvi on it......$23,900....
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:06 pm

OutlanderDan wrote:
Some of you guys kill me...

Can-Am builds the best all around ATV...PERIOD!

You guys already know and openly admit, you can't beat them on a drag strip (WR Spring Jam winner...Renegade) or in a mud pit...you mud guys get pounded by them every time you enter a pit with them. And as far as being suitable for trail riding...we just finished up 7 of the toughest, rockiest, nastiest Utah trails I have ever been on with 4 Can-Ams and the only thing that got beat up was the bottom of the skid plates...all of the bikes made it through with 0 mechanical or electrical problems...yeah, they do just fine on the trails.

You want the best bike...get a Can-Am...you want to always be second...buy anything else.

If your into speed, you can't beat a Renegade...Want great trail ability and comfort ? (with a better than anyone else has, amount of speed) get an Outlander. You get what you pay for, Can-Ams are quite expensive and worth every last penny!

lol! Dan...CHILL OUT!!!! Its just an opinion...I didn't say I didn't like them...and as far as getting spanked in the pit...I have raced 7 of them and only lost to one. Rider has alot to do with it...just chill out man. You kill me....I am not rich I can't afford a $10,000 atv then put $400 worth of skids....$200 worth of springs and then Mod the frame...sorry! IMO...they have the BEST engine....does that make you happy... Laughing THey are the BEST RACE bike... No doubt. Its just the frame and shock/issues that bother me...I am sure they will get it corrected....Just like Kawie....there bushings and seals suck....Good Grief

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:44 pm

i think he was having some fun Boots...... pale you know OD loves his canams.... bonk
Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:54 pm

I love my Can-Ams for sure...

But I love pot-stirrin' even more... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Too Bad I am not rich... Sad

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Jug Head
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:13 pm

OutlanderDan L I E S he was jonesing at the spring jam to ride my 850xp after he saw it spank a outlander max pistol at the spring jam and as far as a XP vs a renagade I would be dissapointed if a bike weighing 200 # lighter didn't beet me Suspect So stir on that Danny boy Stir the Pot

Laughing Glad your back OD I missed you last week Laughing
Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:18 pm

I admit it...Jughead busted me...I was jonesing bad to ride his new 850...it is for sure the best Po-Po to be released yet IMO, and it did in fact beat a Can-Am Max down the drag strip... Embarassed

I wish you could have been there Jeremy...it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Jug Head
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Yah I was jonesing every time I looked at the picc looked like a blast keep me posted on the next trip. I am going for shure Dead Horse
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Can I Ride it Jughead...???? PLEASE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Jug Head
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Sure come on down Cool I brake it I Sad You brake it you buy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: polaris 850   

Back to top Go down

polaris 850