Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

motor is not looking good guys..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:02 pm

i might be out racing for a while happened at a bad time but ever since wilburns my bike has been acting messed up runs like crap.. i was getting ready to get my c-locks on today and my bike would barely run 20mph wide open parked it got off of it reved it up trying to clear it out and it blew oil from the front cyclinder all the way up to the top of the air box.. now im trying to figure out wtf im gonna do if its not hurt really bad its still has to have an oil leak which means i gotta pull it out so i might as well have it built so it will be probably next season untill i can race if this is the case ill let you all know and im sorry about this boot i hate to let the team down but if its bad i cannot get it fixed that fast the wife would be up my butt majorly if i just drop 2k on a motor rebuild...
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Might just be a blown head gasket, may not be the fix you want in the end, but shouldn't be all that bad to just replace the top end gaskets. (Head, intake, & exhaust) Just as long as the piston and cylinder wall isn't in bad shape, I'd just put gaskets on it till your financially ready to do the built motor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Hopefully it is nothing too major. Good luck

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 pm

No need to tell me sorry....last time I check I was not paying anyone to race... Razz It happens...I understand....crap...just do what you can. I hope its nothing BAD....keep us up to date...If you wanna race some when I can't....come get mine. Wink

Cumberland ATV Riders

Last edited by Bootlegger on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 pm

thats what im hoping put im hoping that the gasket changes is not hard to do is my big thing if i have to pull the motor or remove over half my bike to change out the gaskets im just gonna go ahead and build it no sense in doing it again if you ask me..
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Don't think you should have to pull the motor to get to the heads, but everything on top of it plastics, tank, etc, will most likely have to be removed. But once you get the heads off, be sure to check the pistons and cylinder walls to make sure a total rebuild is not needed. The hardest thing at that point would be turning the motor over manually. I don't think you'll have too much trouble, just take it one step at a time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:23 pm

i know to change the cams you have to pull all the front plastic off airbox.....and it IS A PAIN...hope you have SMALL hands becuase it was a pain for me to do mine and i have small hands lol....it would prolly be easier to pull the motor! i hope its just something simple..good ludk
Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Smiley wrote:
Don't think you should have to pull the motor to get to the heads, but everything on top of it plastics, tank, etc, will most likely have to be removed. But once you get the heads off, be sure to check the pistons and cylinder walls to make sure a total rebuild is not needed. The hardest thing at that point would be turning the motor over manually. I don't think you'll have too much trouble, just take it one step at a time.

be sure the cylinder walls are not scarred or scratched, little small lines are ok as long as you cant hang your fingernail in them...turning the engine over will not be hard all you have to do is take the recoil rope off and turn it with a ratchet
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Justin...its not too bad on the IRS models....the SRA ones are aggravating...things are turned different ....

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:38 pm

thanks for the info guys.. smiley and drew very helpfull thanks... i will check soon just been very busy at work and wife this weekend im busy too so who knows when i will be able to fix it... boot im not gonna be there for the pikeville race now..
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:42 pm

jksimpson wrote:
thanks for the info guys.. smiley and drew very helpfull thanks... i will check soon just been very busy at work and wife this weekend im busy too so who knows when i will be able to fix it... boot im not gonna be there for the pikeville race now..

Thumb Hopefully we will have enough to make a decent race....I really think the first one will be slow...but once they see pics and things like that the second one will pick up. I wish I have enough money to advertise it on the radio... Laughing Laughing

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:49 pm

no prob jk if ya need anything holler back at us!
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:57 pm

shall do drew ill have to hit you up when im getting ready to tear it apart honestly whats your opinion would you go ahead and put some goodies in it since you have to pull the cyclinder anyway??? i have a set of cyclinders here i could send off and get the 840's for probably around 400.00 which isnt bad then all i would need is a good set of cams to go with them... i heard messing with cam's is not alot of fun though...
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Go with Web Cams....Trust me...

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
DREWFORCE
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:04 pm

umm just to check the head gasket you will not have to pull the jug off...web cams are a + i agree with boot on that one there are alot of people who run webs......that only hard part about taking the head off is keepin the motor in time, just installin cams is no biggie what so ever, i had mine in abour 3 hours, just have to make sure your at top dead center and all your timing marks are lined up, but if you drop your timing chain and it comes off the timing gear you will have to dig deep into the motor and would be a major PITA!!!!!! but more than likely if your head gasket was blowed or goin bad you will have coolant in your oil..as for as the 840 HECK YEA that would be BA...but if you havent messed with engines that much i would take it to somebody who has just to insure the timing is right bc if its out + or - one tooth it will run like crap or will burn really lean and burn it up, but if its out real bad you will bend valves knock holes in your piston or bend your connectin rods.....
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:11 pm

sorry to hear this man......i just now saw this......have you figured out exactly whats wrong yet?? Momma must not be happy bout this...... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigdaddywilbur
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:21 am

nope not sure whats wrong yet still trying to get time to work on it.. between working long hours right now and trying to drill out my c-locks cause that moron didnt drill them out big enough, ive been pretty busy.. i dont think i blew it up but i think i either blew out a seal or dropped the front cyclinder im gonna try to get it back together for the tenn ride then im gonna stop riding and tear it apart and big bore it out.. next year will have to be my year this year i have had issue after issue and headache after headache but ill still keep chugging along working on it so i can race...i love racing but im tired of sinking so much money in it
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:41 am

have not figured out where its blowing oil from yet but i have figured out why it was running like crap at wilborns and when i got home.. the slide for the front cyclinder was stuck now its running good not quite how it was before but im sure that front cyclinder is still full of fuel if i had to guess... i knew it was running off of one cyclinder just didnt know why until now.. lol.. i ran that whole bog in wilborns basically off of one cyclinder.. i think in wilborns race the slide was stuck about half or so cause it ran worse when i got it home but like i told shawn down there i knew something wasnt right my bike had hardly any power it would launch good then fall on its face... man im glad i figured it out finally now to the oil leak...lol
Back to top Go down
bamajeepjunkie
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Glad you figured it out, mine needs rings I hope anyway. It has very little compression and is blowing smoke out the tail pipe. Right now is a bad time, with T-ball and vacation coming up, and money is real tight. Hopefully get it tore down this weekend and see where I'm at.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:16 pm

glad you got things headed in the right direction...... cheers
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:12 pm

bamajeepjunkie wrote:
Glad you figured it out, mine needs rings I hope anyway. It has very little compression and is blowing smoke out the tail pipe. Right now is a bad time, with T-ball and vacation coming up, and money is real tight. Hopefully get it tore down this weekend and see where I'm at.

i know what you mean shawn trust me.. i just found out yesterday that my wife is going on bed rest in 2 weeks so basically 1/2 of her income which is a good amount is gonna be gone for the next 3 months basically..
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:48 pm

oh no......why is she going on bed rest? is momma doing well?? i hope everything is ok!
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:58 pm

mommas doing fine she just has high blood pressure and the doc is worried about it.. doesnt want it to go high.. she has hypertension allready... doc thinks he'll have to take the baby by 38-39 weeks
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:09 pm

Hawthorn juice will bring that blood pressure down.
Get Flora Hawthorn with hibiscus and passion flower.
Consult Doc first .He may say its ok to take but it wont work , trust me it will work .
Has been used for years to bring body builders blood pressure down when they are all jacked up.
My resting BP is 110 over 70 and i credit that to Hawthorn.
And thats the average taken over 2 year period.
It was nearly 170 over 90.

Oh and good luck with the engine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: motor is not looking good guys..   

Back to top Go down

motor is not looking good guys..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1