Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
S.C.

PostSubject: ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!   Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:23 pm

I went ahead and did it ........... bought on older model A.C. Good deal , about 800 miles on it . Started tearing it apart 2 days ago and

so far so good . Diff lubes all clean and no water ......... changed oil , it still looked good .......... all in all a good machine . I just wanted to say I

never thought I'd say much good about an A.C. , after all the local dealer was a mile away and I considered him a friend , took all my atv's to

him for service , parts , checkups , etc . One of the nicer guys around any where ! But I never bought one from him ........... well , we did get a

A.C. 250 ( new 06 model ) but it was basically just branded A.C. , it was actually a Kymco . I never knew why I didn't like them ? I know they

had some issues 04-06 models . Guess its kinda like the ford / chevy thing .......... I never had a ford until 5 years ago and then ended up with

3 Ford Lightning trucks , almost had a fourth 2 weeks ago hehehe . After driving them I would consider another ford ........ maybe LoL . But

after tearing this old cat apart it dawned on me how simple it seemed to be , how easy everything ( almost everything ) was to get to and

most of it was put together with REAL METAL screws instead of plastic !! Bumpers all built in , best winch mounting system I've seen , 4 bolts

and the mount and winch just pop right off ! I was really liking this thing , if I can get it back together the way it supposed to go !

I'm good at taking apart , but not as good putting back together DOAH ! Anyway , guess I'm trying to say sometimes simpler IS better !

I am the one who thinks / thought he had to have a new / newer atv every year ( ok, 6 months ) and couldn't understand the reason some

guys wouldn't turn loose of those older models ? ? Waiting on some new radiator hoses , ( thought I'd changed them while it was torn apart )

and back together it goes !

I did want to remind eveyrone to check your radiators ............ I ran this around the pasture when I got it home and noticed it was trying to

run warm so I went back to the workshop and let it cool down and then power washed the whole thing , did the radiator really good or so I

THOUGHT !

I cranked it back up and noticed the fan not turning ........ so I stick the screwdriver in to help turn the blades ( yeah , I know , not a great

safety move Beer ) It wouldn't move ............ thats kinda when I decided to tear the front end down and check it out ................... Oh

yeah , I forgot to mention I had already been at it on the other end , winch siloniod was just clicking . I like making it easy to get to stuff so

I usually end up taking off 200 % more crap than I should or need to hehehe Beer Beer Beer .

So now it sits nekeed in the workshop . To make a short story long ................ pull the radiator fan , hooked it up hot off a battery and it is

working fine , pull the radiator out ... HOLY Crap ! YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE MUD CAKED UP IN THIS wheelie ! I've heard

stories before but NEVER believed them ........ It was ungodly how much it was stopped up ! CHECK YOUR RADIATORS next time your board !

Its time to stop now , I'm making up for not being on here for the last month hahaha sorry !

S.C.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!   Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:05 am

So did you get it cleaned out? Very Happy

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
S.C.

PostSubject: Re: ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!   Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:24 pm

yes , so this long drawn out rant was really about checking your radiator hehehe

And I need some tires !!!

S.C.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!   Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Hey Steve, you better check the nut on the handlebars... roll
Back to top Go down
S.C.

PostSubject: Re: ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!   Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:06 pm

I've been told that nut has been loose for way too long !

S.C.
Back to top Go down
bamajeepjunkie
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 am

Worthless Pix
Back to top Go down
S.C.

PostSubject: Re: ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:15 am

you don't want a picture right now hehehe

you wouldn't be able to tell what it was . I have

it torn down pretty much to the frame and motor

Checking everything , changing what need changed

Mostly time stuff , it had less than 1000 miles on it .

Changing out all the bushings , already did all the

fluids . Gave a good bath while all the plastics are off .

Man that old mud can find the smallest area to hide in !

All my hoses and parts should be here today . I figured

out why the rear brake pedal wasn't working , the bolt

that goes into the manual lock up was snapped . $ 50 + for

a freaking brake cable !!! I thought the little radiator hoses

were high !

Hopefully I'll get it back together before this weekend and

won't have too many parts left over LoL . Still working on

some tires . Found a new set of A.C. 07 wheels with the A.C.T.

radials on them , would be a direct bolt up I believe . $ 200 .

Then I'll sell off the mud bugs .

Thx

S.C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!   

Back to top Go down

ARTIC CATS ...... Hummmm Who would of thunk it ? Check u'r radiators !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1