Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

What can I do to my new 800?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boaty

PostSubject: What can I do to my new 800?   Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Hey guys,
I just took delivery of my brand new 2009 Outlander 800R XT. It came with the three year extended warranty as part of the deal. I have noticed that a lot of you guys have your machines snorkeled and modded out pretty good, are you not concerned about the warranty or are there things I can do that wont void it? I would love to stealth snorkel this thing but I don't want to lose my warranty coverage to do it. Any advice would appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to my new 800?   Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:14 pm

If you have a good dealer snorkels will not void it...BUT that depends on your dealer. Talk to Can-AmChris on here.....from what I have read Dalton is the best clutch kit for it...then HMF, PCIII and so on....

Congrats... I wished I could afford a new Outty.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
GIP
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to my new 800?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:41 am

take can-cam Chris's advise and strengthen, box the frame
Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to my new 800?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:48 am

Now before everyone starts throwing advice at this guy, let's get some questions answered first...

Where do you live?
What do you plan to do with the bike, trail ride or deep mud?

I can tell you a couple of things you'll need to do, regardless of the above and these won't interfere with the warranty...

1. The stock brake pads are crap, they normally won't last but 300-400 miles, replace with EBC Severe Duty pads and you'll be good for at least 2000 miles of muddy, nasty riding.
2. The stock shocks on the Outty are best placed under your workbench, not on your bike...aftermarket shocks by any manufacturer are better, Elka, Works or Crutchfield are the 3 that most choose.
3. But the first mod you make should be to install a full set of skids, I would recommend Ricochets, don't use the BRP one's, they are too expensive and too thin. if you install a full set of skids the frame mods are not neccesary, plus the 08 and 09 frames have been re-engineered to be tougher than the problematic 06 and 07 models. Install the skids and forget the frame, unless you are a particularly agressive rider then you may need to add stiffeners to the upper suspension brackets, but that is only in extreme cases.
4. The factory tires are OK at best, but later down the road, a new set of good 6-ply tires should be installed.

One other bit of advice, if you are looking for great technical advice and how-to's regarding your new Outty...log onto www.aurorawheelers.com
hands down, te best Can-Am website on the net, they have tips on how to fix anything on these bikes.

Good luck, if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to my new 800?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Danny pretty much summed it up

Skids are a must. I chose to do the frame mod cause I like to tinker and It cost me less than $20.00 to do it.. I have run skids since the beginning and the frame mod for almost 2 years but I have to wonder sometimes when I hit those big rocks what my frame really looks like.

You can snorkel the thing yourself for less than $60.00 and a afternoon worth of work. Itís one of the easier bikes I have snorkeled. Even if your dealer is a Joke you can remove your stealth snorkels and return it to factory very easy.. I can take mine off and change my pod out and the dealer wouldnít know my bike was snorkeled. I was very careful not to damage any of the factory parts just for the reason of warranty work

Grease those ujoints every ride. Itís a little tricky but it will save you in the long run.. There are 2 on the rear drive shaft and 1 on the front..

The A Arms also have upper and lower grease fittings ( front and back)

Donít change your filter.. The 09 filter creates more power and filters better than any of the aftermarket filters out there. HMF are cheap but they are everywhere. They produce good power but nothing like a Muzzy or A Ron woods full system. CE has a Muzzy on his 840 and it sounds good.

The Ron woods is VERY LOUDÖ

If you go with aftermarket exhaust go ahead and invest in a PCIII or PC5 to correct the air-fuel mixture..

Like Danny Said any other questions just post them and we will get them answered
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to my new 800?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Skids are a Insurance Policy. Shocks will make a world of difference. You wouldn't think so but they do. The exhaust will let that 800cc breath like it was suppose to.
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to my new 800?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Snorkel

And Skids for sure , with skids you can modify you riding style drastically .
For example you can get on a rock in the middle of a river and throttle and if you are balanced perfectly , you can 360 its so cool.
Like a kayak trick only on a bike .
Ive only managed it once , anyhow you can always straddle rocks or whatever as the bike sits pretty high anyhow .
If you hit on no big deal.
The only problem ive found with skids and with the above mentioned Ricochets
is that as you beat up the the hex head bolts that hold them in place it can get way hard to remove them for any major work.
In fact you might end up grinding the heads off. I keep thinking some thing to hold the head in place would be great so thy dont just spin when you began removing them.
Anyhow skids , for sure .
\
DERAIL time
Can we start another thread just like this one for KQ's hahaha Dead Horse
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
boaty

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to my new 800?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone. I already have the skids on the way from ATV Outfitters. I have also already ordered the Renegade footpegs and some EBC pads.

As for the dealership, I don't really know too much about either of the two here around Knoxville, except that one was pretty dismissive of me when I tried to deal with them and I have heard mixed reviews about the other. I got my bike from out of state and got a good deal on it.

I guess I will study up on the stealth snorkel thing some more, see if it is something I could take back off before going in for service. That seems like a really good prevention measure against water problems. I ride mostly at Royal Blue and some at Windrock, and I don't get crazy into the mudding, but as you know some of those holes get pretty deep on the trails up there.

I am not too concerned about the exhaust and power mods right now, Heck I was wanting to buy a 650, and the only reason I got the 800 was that the deal I found had it for less than the 650's were here.
Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to my new 800?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Sounds like your getting started in the right direction...Windrock will sure test a good set of skids. You can swap the button head bolts on your skids out for hex heads, they are easier to remove later.

When changing your brake pads be sure and apply some blue (not Red!) locktite to the caliper pins.

Keep the (11) grease fittings on the bike greased after every ride, I would recommend using Green grease, it won't wash out. (get it at Tractor Supply)

Keep an eye on the upcoming rides, we'd all like to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to my new 800?   

Back to top Go down

What can I do to my new 800?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cumberland ATV Riders :: Brands :: Can-Am-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion