Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Alright, So I just moved to tennessee today. So I got here and went to unload my brute and its usually a little hard to start after hauling, seems like it gets vapor locked or something, but anyways I got it fired up and its kinda like its flooded or something for a second then its usually ok but today as soon as I back it out of the truck it started smoking real bad, wont hardly stay running and has oil coming out of the muffler! It was perfect yesterday with no issues when I Loaded it.. So I know they puke oil in the air box when riding wheelies and etc. So my question is could this be from just backing it out of my truck? the reason I say that is because my truck has a 6" lift and 37s so its almost straight up.. Or is this from hauling it without having the muffler plugged? The snorkle was plugged but not the exhaust.

Any help or info on fixing it will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:39 pm

NO4NCRP wrote:
Alright, So I just moved to tennessee today. So I got here and went to unload my brute and its usually a little hard to start after hauling, seems like it gets vapor locked or something, but anyways I got it fired up and its kinda like its flooded or something for a second then its usually ok but today as soon as I back it out of the truck it started smoking real bad, wont hardly stay running and has oil coming out of the muffler! It was perfect yesterday with no issues when I Loaded it.. So I know they puke oil in the air box when riding wheelies and etc. So my question is could this be from just backing it out of my truck? the reason I say that is because my truck has a 6" lift and 37s so its almost straight up.. Or is this from hauling it without having the muffler plugged? The snorkle was plugged but not the exhaust.

Any help or info on fixing it will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

Bootlegger is the Brute Expert here. He will see this and get you an answer soon.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:41 pm

I would think that it is from backing out of the Monster Truck. Let is set a while and try it again.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Man I hope so. This thing was perfect yesterday when I loaded it... Drove 10hours throught the hills of Tn went to unload and it just smoked like crazy, dies about every 20 yards, and has oil coming from the pipe.. I gotta get this fixed before we go to bryants cove Saturday!!

AHHH Bootlegger, SAVE ME!!
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Have you checked your oil to see if the crank case is flooded with gas?
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:02 pm

REPOMAN wrote:
Have you checked your oil to see if the crank case is flooded with gas?
Or water?
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Did you drive thru the rain today....Maybe you had some water in the airbox from the drive down coming in thru the Snorkels...Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Otherwise.....Welcome to Tennessee!
Back to top Go down
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 pm

I had the snorkle plugged so that cant be it. How could I get water or gas in the oil? From sloshing around? What should be my next step? flush the oil?
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Is there any sign of water or gas in your oil? You'll be able to smell the gas in the oil and it'll be overfull and slightly thin....if it's water, it'll be milky...almost like a milkshake..
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Is that Brute Carberator or Fuel Injection?
Back to top Go down
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Its carbureted. Its not milky but it does look thinner and a little runny. I didn't smell it though. I think it is gas as thin as it looked
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Change the Oil and check it would be my first step.
Back to top Go down
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:05 am

Rooster wrote:
Change the Oil and check it would be my first step.
Rooster is right, change the oil and run some sea foam through your gas tank to clean out the carb. That is if there is gas in the oil.
Back to top Go down
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:56 am

k Ill try that tonight and let ya know how it goes
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18 am

Do exactly what Rooster and Repo said. I had to do mine like that after hauling it a long ways once. I even had my snorkel plugged. Also...there is a drain on each carb....you will see the hoses....I think its an allen wrench....just open them up and let them drain as well.

It could have been what PWM said caused it as well....your monster truck...lol. The second day I had mine I drug the back rack on riding a wheelie and it dumped me. Where is stood up like that for a few seconds....I never like to of got it started. They are funny about hauling them long distances for some reason....when I took mine to Alabama to trade....I never like to have got it started. If you need anything at all let me know. I also have a service manual for yours it you need it.

you may have to take the plugs out and take the pull start cover off and take a wrench and tune the motor over. I read where a guy had to do that to his. Them put the plugs back in...he said the cylinder was full of gas. That didn't happen to me...just read it on High Lifter.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 am

You will get it sorted , and WECOME TO TENNESSEE ,
Might as well skip the Bryant cove saterday and go to windrock.
holla at me ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:04 am

thanks fellas, when I get off tonight Ill change the oil, run a little seafoam through the gas and see what that does.. Thanks for all yalls help and look forward to meeting some of ya. If yall are around fayetteville lets meet up. Especially if anyone likes to turn wrenches and drink cold beer cuz thats what Ill be doin tonight Buds
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 am

let me know if you need any help on the Brute. If you need a copy of the service manual I can email it to you. Its not a big file. let me know

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Ive got the service manual... Just lookin for someone to shoot the bull with while I tinker!!!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I do have a question... Im not goin to get a chance to do it tonight so tommorrow night should I (just wanna make sure my order of the process is right)
1) clean any oil from below the filter
2) change the oil AND filter
3) crank it and try it for a sec. (unsure if I should do this)
4) repeats steps 1 and 2
5) crank again for a sec. ??? (still unsure if i should crank)
6) repeats 1 and 2 again and add some seafoam to the gas(is this a good time for this?)
7) cross my fingers and hope for the best

Looking for any tips. Im in a condo with nothing but the few tools in my truck toolbox(basic sockets, etc..) so looking for a painless yet effective process
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:45 pm

I would just simply change the engine oil and filter and add 1 oz per gallon of gas of seafoam to your fuel tank.

Just stay simple at first, most likely this will take care of it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:47 pm

First...

Drain the Carb bowl...like I said in an above post.
Change oil and filter.
after you refill with oil then try to start it.
You can just add the sea foam to the tank.

when you say clean oil from around filter...do you mean air filter?

Does anyone on here live close to you???

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 pm

yeah i was just worried because I kinda force rode it about 200yds to the barn.. When I say force rode it I mean it was diein, and smokin and spittin and sounded like a souped up 2-stroke with a huge cam... So just didnt know if I should be a little more thurough with it ???

Once I can look at it in the daylight Ill be able to access the situation a little more.. It was pitch black last night when this was goin on.. We'll see I guess
Back to top Go down
NO4NCRP
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Bootlegger, I typically would just pull it in my shop and have er knocked out no problem. But since Im here with the little resources I have, I just wanna try to be quick but thurough since Itll be here at the condo.. Yall have been extremely helpful and Ill get it knocked out tomorrow as soon as I can get off. Got the oil and stuff tonight but just ran outta time.

I was told on another forum that there could be oil under the air filter ? so I was gonna check that too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!   

Back to top Go down

Just got here and already GOT PROBLEMS!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next