Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

TN OHV Update - Clarification

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Hello Trailblazers,

As we move forward with our 2010 OHV Legislative Agenda, I have to clarify some information for a group of East Tennesseans from a club I won’t mention the name of who think that Royal Blue should be the only place in Tennessee that has public OHV riding lands…or at least a ridiculous mentality that an OHV program is not necessary in Tennessee…we have Royal Blue thank you very much.

Folks in a club I won’t mention in East Tennessee, let me set the record straight. With our 2010 OHV Legislative Agenda, TWRA will continue to manage Royal Blue and CONTINUE to receive federal motorized RTP funds. Nothing changes in your little world, so shut up and go about your business of mismanaging a perfectly great OHV opportunity. Now for the rest of us who want the opportunity to build our own OHV trails in Tennessee, a WHOLE lot will change with this legislation. TDEC has offered us a Grant-in-Aid program that will help local governments who partner with local clubs build public OHV trails. If you want trails in your backyard, then you will be given the opportunity for technical and financial assistance to do so. This a great first step in achieving our long term goal of creating a statewide system of OHV trails. One day our own state leadership will realize how important OHV is to our local economies and start helping us…but until then, we must start somewhere and that means putting our program with an agency that will move it forward! Alabama has just introduced legislation that creates a Trails Commission that will unite blueways, greenways and OHV trails in Alabama. Alabama folks, Alabama. We should have already been there…the Tennessee Off-Highway Vehicle Act was passed in 2004 for goodness sakes. It is time for everyone to get over their turf wars and think about what is best for TENNESSEE OHV ENTHUSIASTS and the people who come here to experience the greatness of what we have to offer. Let’s move forward folks, enough is enough.

BTW, for those of you who still don’t believe TWRA gave up the OHV Program, here is a direct quote from TWRA Director Ed Carter. If you hear of any TWRA official saying otherwise, do not hesitate to contact me.

To be clear during any debates during the 2010 session, the TWRA will not object to any legislation which seeks to implement a statewide program as long as it does not direct the program to the TWRA and that any proposed legislation leaves sufficient money to continue operating the program on the North Cumberland WMA. Without that funding, the North Cumberland program must be terminated.

I hope that clears up where we are. If you need anything further, please let me know.” Ed Carter

Onward Ho!

Iva Michelle Russell

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 pm

And they all said.........AMEN
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 pm

what club are they talking about??

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
S.C.

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:05 pm

silent

eat2
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Bootlegger wrote:

Come on Boot, Ray Charles could see who they are talking about.

Last edited by Rooster on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JodyT

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:42 pm

roll
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:23 pm

Rooster wrote:
Bootlegger wrote:

Come on Boot, Ray Charles could see who they are talking about.

I know...I just wanted to see if anyone would post it... Wink Stir the Pot

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Hey Rooster....whatzzzzzz upppppppppp afro
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Big G wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

I'll be nice and not stir the Pot...lol.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Bootlegger wrote:
Big G wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

I'll be nice and not stir the Pot...lol.

The Truth will set you free.
Back to top Go down
S.C.

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:38 pm

king
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:18 am

roll
Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:13 am

OK somebody put it in writing or have the decency to pm me the trouble maker!

Ive been around long enough to watch clubs die off And a lot of other things, But I am lucky enough to not to have been around when it sounds to me like a great divide went down!

( I , me ,myself) see everything in a whole different Light, one that shines on all OHV Riders with unity and friendship, Boys I Know theirs a Turd in the punch Bowl most likely more than one!

but sometimes it the more honorable thing to do is offer the olive branch on friendship to unite to fight oppression by the government, these our our Lands, Our Mountains, and our Legacy & one day if we do not stand up as one voice all of this will be gone! I am so proud to be an American, but even more so to be an American from The Great State of Tennessee!

Remember United We Stand, Divided we Fall!

Respects ALL!
Glide-Tennessee American & Freemason

and next Sunday Ill preach on the evils of Wild Women & Dollar Bills,....... their will be a love offering at the end of the sermon. co co
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 am

Michelle has answered some of our questions and I thought I would share her response.

ivarussell wrote:
Great questions everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome.

1). Tennessee is currently receiving their share of the federal gas tax that goes for trail building (Recreational Trails Program, RTP for short). It is broken down in three sections: Motorized, Non-motorized and Multi-use. TWRA is receiving the motorized portion of this fund (which in theory should be shared across the state).

2). If we move the OHV program to TDEC, they have offered us a "Grant-in-Aid" program which will offer technical and potential funding assistance to local governments who partner with OHV clubs or OHV management entities. To fund this, TDEC will tap into the "Multi-Use" RTP funds...which means the OHV trails must be built to accommodate either ATV and OHM or ATV and 4x4 or All Three. Down the road, if we are success, there may a point where we, the OHV community, may decide to start a statewide sticker program like other OHV friendly states. Many of the Western states have huge programs that are funded this way. OHV people pay their own way unlike other government programs that are not self funded.

3). Amen! OHV has a proven track record of helping local economies, especially rural ones with lots of scenic territory. We want everyone to win in this game. You are on the right track. Actually right now is the best time to start pushing buttons to get the point across locally...because it is election time. In Grundy County, we, the OHV community, are asking local candidates where they stand on creating an OHV Park or OHV Trail system. This is where you bring the issue out in the open and get the hearts and minds of the voter...especially when it means more money in the local coffers and keeps taxes lower in doing so. If you need hard economic data to prove your point, contact Bob Richards at TDEC, he is the Greenways and Trails Coordinator (email me and I will send you the contact info). He is a huge OHV advocate. As an elected official in your county, he would LOVE to talk to you! The facts are all on our side. KY, WV and AL are already doing it very successfully.

4). Personally, I think that the Royal Blue/North Cumberland Project needs a better management plan and an overal fiscal review. It is an outstanding OHV opportunity that is really missing the boat. If I were TWRA, I would put together a focus group of OHV people in the area and from out-of-state to find out what THEY want and build from there. We could use it as our "crown jewel" in the state to attract visitors from all over the country and then have tons more opportunities all over the state for future visits.

5). I am going to say once again, now is the time to find out where candidates stand on OHV. The Ballot is Stronger than the Bullet.

Did I answer everything so far?

M
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks for sharing Rooster.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Rooster,
she is basically saying what Ive said all along, if everybody sticks together the politicians will listen to what you/We have to say!

You got to get them to notice you and not with flimsy Guesses or So & So said, But Hard Data in black & White numbers, they live by the ballet & money, that's something The OHV programs can bring into a community/State, its the Very same thing Ive seen in the Motorcycle Community for well over 30 years!

but it takes intelligent people to run it and money for attorney's and lobbyists, But most of all everybody Banding together!

Glide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update - Clarification   

Back to top Go down

TN OHV Update - Clarification
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1