Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wydglide

PostSubject: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:15 pm

as many of you know I had a problem with the Winch plate that came with the bash guard from aluminum products.the bolt holes were Drilled in the wrong place for my '09 Foreman and they use U-clamps to bolt it on putting ALL the stress on the front braces (very thin U Channel)

after getting stressed out I called them and told the Owner my ordeal and came to an agreement that I would be his Gina pig if he turned me on to a set of A-arm covers for Lisa's '06 Foreman he was tickled to death...now get this...he would have had to Buy a Winch and borrow a '09 Foreman in order to get measurements correct, which would have cost him a lot of Cash and trouble,

So I suggested that I could either drill the 4 stinking holes my self and send him pics or he could set up a Jig where he would "know" what to do from now on if he didnt mind to Comp me a little something (the A-Arms for Lisa's Foreman) the guy jumped on my offer!

so the new plate arrived and after having to remove the one that come with the Winch (that fit perfect) I installed his that is full of holes not as he just drilled 4 more holes in it, and I installed it on my '09 Foreman and everything was kosher the Winch cleared.

As promised I called them excited and told them my findings that I was able to save them money & Time and my GF was going to get a set of A-arm covers..Right?....WRONG!

after waiting since last monday I figured I would call and make sure they had shipped the A-arm covers and talked to the Owner of the company and what does he say ....Ohhh NOOOO I did not agree to anything like that!...

Guys I am anal when it comes to making things crystal clear over the phone, I talk to customers Daily, I go Beyond making everything clear as to what I agree to, if you ever call about a Computer you will see what I mean!

so after saving this person a LOT of cash and trouble he reigns on me and tells me he didn't agree to crap and Owes me NOTHING!.....

they make good products but are as Dishonest as the day is long, So be forewarned when dealing with this company, not only are they Dishonest but the owner of the Company is a blatant Liar!

So watch your back when dealing with this company!

Respects
Glide

Feed back If ya wanna!
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 pm

All i have to say is wow.. they sent you a jacked up mounting plate.. they basically told you they didnt know if that one was going to work they needed a bike to test fit it on wow thats amazing i would figure they wouldnt sell product that does not work correctly that there just blows my mind.. if all of what your saying is true this is truely why its so hard to deal with people anymore. sorry about your luck if it was me i would have kept all the info i sent him and messed with him and said you stole my winch plate design and i will be sueing you..lol..
Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:59 pm

jksimpson wrote:
All i have to say is wow.. they sent you a jacked up mounting plate.. they basically told you they didnt know if that one was going to work they needed a bike to test fit it on wow thats amazing i would figure they wouldnt sell product that does not work correctly that there just blows my mind.. if all of what your saying is true this is truely why its so hard to deal with people anymore. sorry about your luck if it was me i would have kept all the info i sent him and messed with him and said you stole my winch plate design and i will be sueing you..lol..

every word I posted is TRUTH.I have NO reason to lie...I talked to him on the phone ..BUT I have photos of the 2 winch plates, which I am going to take a few of them side by side to back up my side of the story!

Dont get me wrong, they make nice stuff, but are Dishonest as they come, here is 2 pics of the different plates

this is how they fixed the problem....now tell me how long do you think that would last on a ATV? as you can see the thin U rails would just rip out on a HARD pull

Plate #2

First one below
Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:09 pm

This is the First plate they sent....I did not end up using either one, I used the one that come with the winch with grade 8 bolts!

Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:36 pm

unfortunately there are alot of people who want to make money but dont care about their customers. the upside is we have the internet and can make others aware of these kind of people.

iam a certified atv and motorcycle technician and owned my own shop for years. but i ran out of time last year and had to take my 450er to a shop and pay to have intake valves put in.
i know.. i should have just waited and done the work myself.

i ended up in the hospital the day i picked up my atv and didnt get to test ride it.

but the guy at the shop left radiator hoses loose, he also disconnected the battery and told me the battery was bad so i couldnt start it before it left his shop.
when i did get around to starting a couple weeks later after getting out of the hospital i found out why he had disconnected the battery. the engine was rattling like tin can full of rocks. he had forgotten to set the tension on the timing chain adjuster and it tried to jump a tooth on the cam gear and stretched out badly. of course the guy wouldnt stand behind his work. iam just lucky it didnt do more damage. the clearance is so close between the valves and piston on the 450r that if it had jumped a tooth completely it would have wrecked the new valves and the piston. costing a lot more to repair his shoddy work.

for those of you in my area never take your dirtbike, motorcycle atv, or tinker toy to hoges power sports in ooltewah...

sorry to hear about your ordeal, but iam glad you got it together friend. i'll definately steer clear of these people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.quadclass.com
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks Wolf, it's been a while now about 1.7 months...I love their products, as by now Ive had time to learn a LOT more about the different products out their and they Sell good stuff, But HATE lairs who do not live up to their end of a bargain!

I saved that guy a sh!t load of money doing that for him and then he renigs on the deal...NO Cool!......BTW I still have both plates if somebody wants to buy one, I went with one that bolted onto the frame not the fender braces
which I think is about the only cheesy part I got from them, but again the owner of that company is a lieing SOB, and should be Watched closely if you buy from them or avoided all together, but thus far ....the stuff had taken a beating and works great! H

Glide
Back to top Go down
Wyld
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:57 pm

I probably won't have to deal with either of those companies but as a rule of thumb if you are dealing with companies that reneg on the deals they make with you. Be sure to when you talk to them on the phone to record the call and get everything you can in writing.

If you have to take them to court over something it makes for a better proof to your claim they did something wrong. They can say something and do something entirely different. Just for next time and everyone else if you deal with anyone or any business, be sure to cover your bases.

Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Thats why I buy only Ricochet skids. I know AP makes good stuff but refuse to give someone like that my money. I know that most of their skids are very nice and well made. This is not the first time I have heard of folks having customer service issues with them.

I hate to hear this....if I were you, I would make it WELL known what they did to you on all the forums. I know it stinks very bad for you....but by you telling us it helps others not become a victim of their mess. Plus it hurts them in return. Again, I'm very sorry.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:29 pm

in all seriousness, I usually do cover my rear, I have a phone tap I "had" to buy some time back "an EX" (radio shack $15 + Digital or Tape recorder + Land Line.... and your good to go)

as far as AP go's it's just been too long to fool with the likes of those people, lesson learned I guess, theirs a old says that go's like this ....no good deed go's unpunished...well now I know better....LOL..and I have spread it around some at this point I just want it behind me.

as far as the winch mount go's you can see how shoddy it's made above in the photos I posted!

here is what I went with, it's made of steel so it's way stronger and mounts to the frame!

Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:47 pm

you are welcome to post on my site about the bad experience. www.quadclass.com. spread the word. i'd rather not see anyone getting screwed by these people.

personally i think it's high time that some of these companies got to see what word of mouth can do for their business in these cases.

with recording, you have to be sure you are in a one party state, otherwise a 2 party state means that both paries have to be aware the conversation is taking place. however in a civil case inadmissable evidence suddenly becomes discressionary by the judge. but in a criminal case if you are in a 2 party state and dont make the other party aware they are being recorded you can be sued for invasion of privacy. just a heads up... know your states' rights.

also if someone calls you and wants to record the conversation; tell them you are going to record as well. if they try to say no to recording... you then discontinue the conversation.
U.S. Law states, if they are recording you, then you have the right to record the conversation as well.

just some useless information there.
Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 pm

wolf1 wrote:
you are welcome to post on my site about the bad experience. www.quadclass.com. spread the word. i'd rather not see anyone getting screwed by these people.

personally i think it's high time that some of these companies got to see what word of mouth can do for their business in these cases.

with recording, you have to be sure you are in a one party state, otherwise a 2 party state means that both paries have to be aware the conversation is taking place. however in a civil case inadmissable evidence suddenly becomes discressionary by the judge. but in a criminal case if you are in a 2 party state and dont make the other party aware they are being recorded you can be sued for invasion of privacy. just a heads up... know your states' rights.

also if someone calls you and wants to record the conversation; tell them you are going to record as well. if they try to say no to recording... you then discontinue the conversation.
U.S. Law states, if they are recording you, then you have the right to record the conversation as well.

just some useless information there.

LMAO..I have done that very thing, many years ago, I was living in another state some things happened & the police wanted to come to my home and question me, yea it was a first for me, I'm like SURE as I knew I had nothing to do with anything, well I was about 3/4 drunk...LOL.they whipped out their little recorder and I flat told them if your going to record me..I'm recording you too and grabbed a MASSIVE boombox out of the kitchen just behind me...but TN is not a 2 party state and after the EX was gone Ive only used it to get instructions from doctors & Test Results... stuff like that, it's been laying here unused for 5 years.......Wait I did record one of S&S Cycles Carb techs about 3 years ago, Man that cat knew Carburetors H

anyways if somebody knows what their talking about, I feel their is no such thing as useless knowledge...

my Daughter calls it ......Daddy's Warehouse of useless knowledge lol!
Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:52 pm

lol i feel the same way. we do how to's on quadclass.com with photo's. eventually we`will be doing video's as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar   

Back to top Go down

aluminum products Owner is blatant Liar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1