Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Story behind Car Hauler

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Story behind Car Hauler   Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:08 pm

This guy has some serious balls .
AWESOME ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
GIP
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Story behind Car Hauler   Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:32 pm

the other big flat rock sitting at about a 60 degree angle prior to going under the water fall, is fun in the rainl going up
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Story behind Car Hauler   Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 pm

You meen this one ? Stir the Pot Pope Angel Prays

Back to top Go down
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: Story behind Car Hauler   Wed May 05, 2010 3:39 pm

The carhauler was pulled back there by a guy by the name of Jerry Koger with a dozer. He owned the land at the time and has since sold/traded that piece of property. The land the carhauler sits on is actually in Wayne County, KY and is not part of Pickett. Jerry still lives in the county and still owns acreage. I'm told that it was his father that bought a lot of land in the area for the timber. There is also another member of his family that owns the land that backs up to the preaching ground area. I believe it was one of these fellows that sold the land to Wayne Lumber that has been cut off and is now being used as hunting retreat. This is the land that is close to the hippie cabin and horse rock and angles back towards Mt. Pisgah and Edwards Mt. There was a huge loop that could be made with some excellent riding and scenery back before Wayne Lumber purchased the land. My fear is that Wayne Lumber will purchase the land the carhauler, carpenter's rockhouse, and the preaching ground is on, totally cutting us off from the KY side of the riding area. I haven't heard anything of this happening, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Story behind Car Hauler   Wed May 05, 2010 5:26 pm

Oh wow , the real true story emerges . Awesome .
Wish there was something we could do to keep that area open for all future riders.
Thanks for telling the story .
Do you have any other things you would like to add . Like how did they get it in place .
Or maybe something about Pickett totally unrelated to the car hauler.
Im a history buff and its all new to me .
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: Story behind Car Hauler   Thu May 06, 2010 9:30 am

I'm just going on second hand info from a member of that family. I'd say the story is fairly accurate though.

I could be worrying too much about Wayne Lumber purchasing the land in that area. But, I never thought one of my all time favorite trails would be closed and I have WL to thank for that and that trail tied into all the other trails in the area.

I don't have a lot more to add. To be honest, I was raised on Edward's Mountain right beside Slickford and have ridden this area for all of my life. I would come home from school and shoot back to Carpenter's rockhouse and get back home in time to finish my homework. Thing is, it looks like y'all know much more about the trails than I do. We have our own little route we take and we rarely stray from it. We went riding with one of the Ridge Runners last summer and he took us on trails that I had never set a tire on. ha!

The only other story I've heard all my life is about the hippie cabin. It was really built by hippies back in the 70's and they actually lived there. The rumor is that they moved here from upstate New York to grow KY's cash crop and to escape "the system". After they moved out, they let some of their friends move in. The woman was a college professor and the man was one of her students. They were from upstate New York as well and moved here to be together. They lived there for about 10yrs going out once a month for supplies. They had two kids during their time in the cabin and they were born right there. One of my co-workers got stranded very close to the cabin while camping at Horse Rock and he says they were very helpful in getting his vehicle going so he could get back out. I think they are still around this area but I'm not for sure on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story behind Car Hauler   

Back to top Go down

Story behind Car Hauler
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2