Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Tire Swellling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Tire Swellling   Sat May 29, 2010 3:14 pm

So I have read over on HL and some other forums of the guys overinflating there tires and spraying them with WD 40 and sitting them in the sun for a few days and they swear they will grow in size.. Some swear they can get almost 1 inch out of a set of 29.5 outlaws.. Well I have an abundance of extra atv tires these days so I have spryaed down a set of Itp black delta wheels and 26x10 super swamper tires with wd40 and I am going to leave them in sunlight all day today and measure them tommorrow and see. I have taken before photos and will take after photos to see the differnece.. Who knows it may be a total waste of time and waste of WD40 but these tires and wheels were just sitting there.. Stay tuned boys and girls.

Just for those concerned I Wont ride these tires as they are almost bald anyway so Dont worry about the wd40 breaking down the rubber or any of that..

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bubbanewf

PostSubject: Re: Tire Swellling   Sat May 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Thats just my point. I always heard that oil rots rubber. So, if they spray the tires and that breaks them down to where they stretch like a balloon: It seems like the walls have been weakened and will fail easier than ever. And if they dont stretch evenly, then they will have out of round tires to enjoy! Mad

Doesnt sound like such a good idea to me either. LOL
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Tire Swellling   Sat May 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Nu Bubba think ,,, man you could be on 29.5's instead of 29's.
Wooo hoooo
Also if its out of round it might actually grab better in a hole . Ball Bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tire Swellling   Sat May 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Chris when I was in the dirt track business, we used to put 70# of air in them and set them out in the heat and it worked. We did not have to put any WD on them either.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
bubbanewf

PostSubject: stretched tires   Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:27 pm

What kind of tires were they on the dirt track that you put 70 Lbs of air into?

Race car tires, motorcycle, or what?

I was next to a tractor trailer on a bicycle when a tire blew one time. It was not a good experience. I wouldnt want to be around a low pressure ATV tire with 70 lbs of air in it sitting in the sun. Shocked Sounds like a time bomb? But then I never tried it.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tire Swellling   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:42 am

Cars

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: Tire Swellling   Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:02 pm

CanAmChris wrote:
So I have read over on HL and some other forums of the guys overinflating there tires and spraying them with WD 40 and sitting them in the sun for a few days and they swear they will grow in size.. Some swear they can get almost 1 inch out of a set of 29.5 outlaws.. Well I have an abundance of extra atv tires these days so I have spryaed down a set of Itp black delta wheels and 26x10 super swamper tires with wd40 and I am going to leave them in sunlight all day today and measure them tommorrow and see. I have taken before photos and will take after photos to see the differnece.. Who knows it may be a total waste of time and waste of WD40 but these tires and wheels were just sitting there.. Stay tuned boys and girls.

Just for those concerned I Wont ride these tires as they are almost bald anyway so Dont worry about the wd40 breaking down the rubber or any of that..

Very Happy

Well did it work Question hahahaha
Back to top Go down
ride

PostSubject: Re: Tire Swellling   Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:11 pm

There is no way I would be anywhere close to that !! I saw a tractor tire blow up while the bead was being set and a 185 pound guy go flying several feet !!! WATCH OUT !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: Tire Swellling   Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:46 pm

ride wrote:
There is no way I would be anywhere close to that !! I saw a tractor tire blow up while the bead was being set and a 185 pound guy go flying several feet !!! WATCH OUT !!!

I grew up running heavy Equipment and have seen the same thing,

I seen a BIG ole'boy leaning over a big truck tire and the shop forman had just yelled at him which made me turn around and BOOM, it almost killed him, I left that Company not long after and he was still in the Hospital (about 6 weeks Later)....Scary stuff!
Back to top Go down
wydglide

PostSubject: Re: Tire Swellling   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:15 pm

CanAmChris wrote:

Very Happy

Did you ever try this Chris? it would be interesting to know the Results Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire Swellling   

Back to top Go down

Tire Swellling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1