Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

TN OHV Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: TN OHV Update   Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Hello Trailblazers,

Sorry for the lapse in recent updates, please rest assured it is not because there weren’t any efforts towards the cause. We have a few Judas’ in our mailing list, so I am keeping everything close to the vest these days until releasable information is available.

What I do want to tell you is very important to the cause. As you know, this is election year. The most important election for us is the Governor’s race. All indications point towards a Republican Governor this year, so the August 5th Primary will probably give us the final results on who will run this state for the next 4 years.

We are so very close to achieving our goals. Our four years of constant pressure has made the impact necessary to push us over the top. Our next Governor MUST see the potential and the need for a statewide system of OHV Trails in TN. Not only for the constituents use (the most important issue in my book), but to capitalize on the Adventure Tourism trend that is happening everywhere around us. Our rural counties can greatly benefit from the influx of these dollars and potential jobs associated.

I need you to take a minute out of your day and contact each GOP Governors candidate either by phone, by email, by Facebook or by website and ask them: Do you support a statewide system of Off-Highway Vehicle trails in Tn?

Google these names to find the information you need.

Ron Ramsey
Bill Haslam
Zach Wamp

Early voting starts Friday, so you do not have too much time to spare. Do it. When you have finished just shoot me an email saying that you did it or post it on our OHV4TN Facebook Group. Quick, easy and very important.

Before I go, just a few fun tidbits to pass on.

This weekend, Rumble on the Mountain 4x4/ATV Poker Run will be held in Tracy City TN. www.rumbleonthemountain.com for more info.

New OHV Forum online: www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.com

SFWDA’s Dixie Run is coming up. www.sfwda.org for more info.

Anything else, shoot me an email and I will send out another update next week.

Onward Ho!
M

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Ive shot out a bunch of e mails .
IMO the best way to make contact at this moment is on Facebook.
The candidants are very active on FB
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 pm

I have sent the question to all 3 canidates and will post their replies when/if I receive them.

http://www.billhaslam.com

http://www.zachwamp.com/?page_id=502

ron@teamronramsey.com

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Of the three, there is only one, who thinks OHV is anyting at all .

And that MTR mountain top removal is NOT AWESOME .

Am i allowed to speak my mind - if so ill tell you now -

Its Bill Haslam

So IMO to move forward with OHV, Bill is our best bet .
At least he acknowledges that is is something .

The reply i got from Wamp was basically -what is that ?
Meaning, what is OHV ?
And to my chargrin ' he thinks blowing the tops off mountains is" good for the birds" AND thats a direct quote.

Ive been doing my research for months , Smiley knows .
He told me to Quiet down.

Anyhow i have had answers from the three already and only Bill was positive about OHV.

Thats the truth .
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:25 pm

True, some candidates don't know what OHV is....So educate them.

From our end the Power is in Numbers. Also, they will only take serious a bonifide Club. What I mean is a Chartered 501c type Club. There is only one in this area that I know of. The forums and members will be heard but most likely not taken seriously. Why don't we take one of these forums and make it a 501c Club.
You want my support on that you got it.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:32 pm

I don't really think you want to do the 501c thing... there is a lot of paperwork involved, bookeeping, tax filings, etc... every year the 501c is in operation.
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:34 pm

GO BILL GO ---

Bill Haslam for GOV.

Did i mention i like Bill ?

Hes the lesser of three weivels .
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:49 pm

Hey DD, I can show you two sites where MTR has been done... both have awesome trails to ride. I don't see the bad side in the results after the process has been completed. The PRC guys saw one site a couple of weeks ago... and totally changed their minds about the seriousness of the impact.

I would like to show you those two sites.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Dan wrote:
I don't really think you want to do the 501c thing... there is a lot of paperwork involved, bookeeping, tax filings, etc... every year the 501c is in operation.

A Real ATV Club would stand a better chance of being heard. We can talk about this forever but how many are truly willing to put forth the effort, hard work and time that it would take to get this State Wide OHV thing going. I am not a smart man when it comes to politics. I know that a 501c Charter would be alot of work. Maybe we don't have to go that far. There is one club in the area that has the resources, membership and 501c Status to put muscle behind this. They need educated too. The Windrock Club is one that I am talking about. I have spoke with them and introduced them to the OHV Subject. I believe the interest is there. Just need the right person to head it up.
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:33 am

Dan wrote:
Hey DD, I can show you two sites where MTR has been done... both have awesome trails to ride. I don't see the bad side in the results after the process has been completed. The PRC guys saw one site a couple of weeks ago... and totally changed their minds about the seriousness of the impact.

I would like to show you those two sites.

Dan , the sites might look ok , especially if they are in Tennessee.
Its the valley fills boss.

Look at the amount of heavy metals that leach into the water table .
PS have you been to Hatfield Mccoy- those sites do not look ok .
They look like mars man .

Anyhow its not about looks at all .
Its about valley fills and our water table - this is why the clean water act stopped so many valley fills .

Let me dig up some recent findings , we are talking selinium...

But ill provide more for ya .
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 am

DD the people in WV don't have no flat land to build anything. The places they do have are subject to flooding. That's why they are for it. It gives them jobs and then in the end they have some where to put housing and businesses. The Feds aren't issuseings any permits and by next year some of the mines are shutting down. It will be interesting to see the out come. I know that MTR is a hot topic in WV,
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 am

Powerbomb - thats not true about the flat land , sure there is no flat land in the hills .
Look around summerville and fayettville , there is an awesome community of outdoor enthusiast . A community that thrives with no mining jobs.
The way mining is done in WV does not provide jobs , It takes jobs away .

Anyhow this is derailing this topic - lets go back to who we want for Gov.
Out of the three that I e- mailed and face booked - Only Haslam responded that he thought OHV in TN was a great thing to bring money into strained counties .
Wamp and Ramsey really didnt respond .
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:51 am

Still no reply from anyone.

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:47 am

Iva Michelle Russell November 17 at 9:03am Reply • Report

I don't have the official press release yet, but last night at the Natl Trails Symposium in Chattanooga, TDEC Commissioner Jim Fyke announced that TDEC and TWRA have signed a MOI (Memorandum of Understanding) that would give TDEC $1 Million Dollars of RTP motorized money for a grant fund that local govts can apply for to use in creating OHV trails in their backyard.

As soon as I get the official word, I will send it on. It has been a long dang road, but we are now about to move forward!!! Congrats to everyone, everywhere in TN who has helped the effort all these years!

Soooo, if you haven't done so already, start talking to your local officials about where you can put some OHV trails!!! I will be able to walk you thru the process as soon as the process is defined.
Back to top Go down
g-man
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:35 am

I passed this in e-mail form along to my City Manager (friend) and County Mayor...not much interest from the City here, but I have not heard from the county yet. We have a pretty good TWRA reservation around the Duck River here (TVA took it from the landowners 35 years ago to build a dam that was never finished) and I would like to see someone with influence take a stand to use that land for something other than growing weed (not weeds, "weed").
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Subject: It is official...and it is quick!
February 15 Deadline Set for Grant Applications

NASHVILLE – The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation’s Recreational Trails Program is soliciting grant applications from local governments for a new 2011 Motorized Trail grant, specifically designed to enhance motorized recreation trail opportunities. Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2011.

Local city or county government agencies are eligible to apply for funding through this RTP grant cycle. Nonprofit partnerships with government agencies must be official and in writing. Currently, the 2011 Motorized Trail grant cycle will fund only projects on government owned and operated land.

Motorized trails are defined as off-road recreation using any motorized vehicle. Motorized use does not include the use of electric-powered wheelchairs or roads/trails where general highway passenger vehicles can travel. Eligible projects include off-road motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle or four-wheel drive trails.

“Earlier this year, we presented the Tennessee 2020 plan and our vision for recreational opportunities now and 10 years into the future,” said Environment and Conservation Commissioner Jim Fyke. “One of the many goals that came out of that in-depth public process was the need for more motorized off-road trails. This grant will help local governments develop or enhance this unique recreational resource, and expand outdoor opportunities for the benefit of their communities.”

Grant funds may be used for the acquisition and development or development only of motorized trails and trailhead facilities, construction of new trails or maintenance of existing trails. Trail components and associated facilities, which serve the purpose and safe use of the recreational trail, include ADA-accessible facilities, restroom and water supplies, trail signage, trailhead kiosks, trail/road crossings, drainage stabilization and small trailhead parking areas.

The Recreational Trails Program is a federally funded program established to distribute funding for motorized, non-motorized and diverse recreation trail projects as directed by Congress. The goal of the Tennessee RTP is to build high quality, environmentally sustainable trails for public use. The funds are available to federal, state and local government agencies, as well as non-profit organizations that have obtained IRS 501(c)(3) status and have a written trail management agreement with the agency that owns the property where the trail project is located.

Funding for RTP grants, including the 2011 Motorized Trail grant, is provided by the Federal Highway Administration through the federal Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act. Environment and Conservation’s Recreation Educational Services Division, in cooperation with the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, administers the program for the state of Tennessee. The maximum federal share for each project is 80 percent of the total project cost, with RTP grant recipients providing a 20 percent match.

Matching grant funds may come from land purchase, land donation, cash, labor, equipment, materials or donation of these items. Local government motorized trail projects for the 2011 Motorized Trail grant cycle are limited to a maximum grant application request of $400,000 (80 percent) with a match value of $100,000 (20 percent) for a total project cost of $500,000. Applicants may submit up to two applications for different phases of the same project.

TDEC’s Recreation Educational Services Division will be accepting 2011 Motorized Trail grant applications through February 15, 2011. All applications should be submitted no later than 4 p.m. (CST) at the following address: RES Division, L&C Tower, 10th Floor, 401 N. Church Street, 37243. To obtain an application or to learn more about the 2011 Motorized Trail grant, please contact Gerald Parish at (615) 532-0538 or Gerald.Parish@http://www.facebook.com/l/0310bpnxBeujfg6rxuDDuOQkSFA;tn.gov.

While additional information about the state’s Recreational Trails Program and other conservation-based grant programs can be found at http://www.facebook.com/l/0310bCIWGgMBBzo_yzCacR9NrLA;tn.gov/environment/recreation/grants.shtml, the 2011 Motorized Trail grant application will not be available online due to its special instructions and to ensure interested applicants understand the new grant’s guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TN OHV Update   

Back to top Go down

TN OHV Update
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1