Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wolf1

PostSubject: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Minnesota's online news source "MPR NEWSQ" reports

"Polaris CEO Scott Wine says the company is closing the Osceola Wis. plant and opening a facility in Mexico to get closer to key customers and to cut labor costs.
The company expects the move will help it eventually save $30 million a year, with much of the savings coming from lower wages. Officials didn't detail how much lower the wages would be in Mexico, though.

The Osceola plant, about 25 miles north of Stillwater, employs 515 workers, who make parts for the company's snowmobiles, ATVs and Victory motorcycles.

Polaris has been known as a made-in-the-USA brand. A Wall Street analyst asked CEO Scott Wine if the Polaris brand and sales might suffer because some products would clearly be made in Mexico, not the USA.

Wine said he doesn't think consumers care"
Back to top Go down
http://www.quadclass.com
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:36 pm

515 american workers are losing their jobs because polaris wants to spend a quarter to save a dollar!!!

thanks polaris for selling out your country!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Wyld
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Actually you can thank our government for passing that awful NAFTA treaty some years back. Not polaris's fault for wanting to save a buck.

Just think all the products you buy at wal-mart, over half if not 75% are made in China or some other foreign country. Reason why? is majority of americans ( people in general) want a good product at the cheapest available. Lower costs of labor should equal lower cost of product, but that is not usually the case. Freakin can-ams are made in Mexico and still cost a small fortune. ( but still better quality than some american made products, Hate to say).
Back to top Go down
jksimpson
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:55 pm

yep free trade has screwed america for years now.. but how much longer do these companies think they can go outside the usa to make their product and ship it to the united states and keep charging us more and more for their product???? I mean common sense has allways stated that if america goes into a depression so will the rest of the world so does it make sense to put 100's and 1,000's of american workers out of a job so they cannot buy your product... i have watched in the last few years many big businesses locally go to mexico to make their product whirlpool being the biggest and i have yet to see a decrease in price on their products like wyld says doesnt make sense...

Its a sad day for Polaris....
Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:24 pm

it doesn;t make sense, but polaris doesnt care, as the ceo of polaris stated he doesnt think americans will care if their product is made in mexico.

the facts bear out that if you pay less for labor you get a lower quality product.

not only that, if the money is spent in mexico then taxes are not being paid in america.

the customer who will eventually become nonexistent pays sales taxes but overhead will be paid in mexico.

meanwhile polaris does not have to pay import fee's because they claim they are based in america.

polaris even in the same article admitted they were considering moving the rest of their company to mexico in the future.

think of the families of the 515 workers they are laying off. in the current economy this is horrible!!!!

yet as arrogantly as they can polaris simply acts like they dont care.

one news article spoke with the employee's who are losing their jobs.

the employee's felt as though they were blindsided, and were very angry with polaris for doing this.

employee's who worked for them for 6 and 10 years.
now suddenly without a job and polaris admits it's to cut spending for labor?

Back to top Go down
Wyld
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:32 am

The only way to get to the big shots at those companies who move jobs to other countries, is for people to stop buying the products. But like that is ever going to happen. I'm sorry, that is just the way it works. It is not right i agree.

"the facts bear out that if you pay less for labor you get a lower quality product."

Actually this is not always the case. I'm sure Polaris will be sending their quality assurance team to make sure the new workers follow assembly to the specs provided by the company. And it is not necessarily that lower paid workers do less of a job. It just costs the company less in the end to produce a product. They can charge the same ammount they did when they were made in America and pull a greater profit.

It's sad to see the day has come when more and more companies prefer profit over made in america.

But only way to stop it is not to buy it. Boycott them if you don't like the way they run their businesses.

Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:46 am

I read something about this earlier in the spring and I think to remember that it is a components plant....not the final assembly of the ATV's / SxS's. Still it sucks for any plant to be moved out of the country. We've seen plenty of that here in Crossville too. Now the old manufacturing plant buildings are being used for commercial storage facitlities....no wonder the unemployment is as high as it is.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:11 am

polaris has admitted they are considering taking their entire operation to mexico.

polaris is supposed to be american made, well we knew for years that polaris was co-wned by fuji heavy industries and some fo the components on the polaris were not made in america.

but now it seems the majority of what makes a polaris will be made in mexico, by cheap labor all while polaris skimps to save a little.

it's not about nafta for polaris, it's about cutting their employee's throats so they can spend a quarter to save a dollar.
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:17 am

Here is Polaris's news release on the closure....

Polaris Plant Closure
Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:28 am

Atually wyld,
polaris must have fired their quality control back in 1999, since then polaris has had 19 recalls and the list grows, and you guessed it these are recalls from previous years past that polaris simply has not addressed the problem

look at the cpsc consumer product safety commission' recall report.

Yamaha has had 5 recalls since 1999

honda has had 9 recalls since 1999

polaris has had 18 recalls since 1999 (probably can check and that number has gone even higher)

and a good many of polaris recalls are really severe.

some riders were severely injured.

you can see them here.

http://www.atvsafety.gov/atvrecalls.html

things like transmission bolts backing out while riding causing the rear wheels to lock up.

steering stems breaking while riding causing you to lose control. (they had this issue before and people were seriously injured, well it's back on the sportsman atv's)

defective ball joints breaking while riding. (this one is failry recent)

it's a pretty big list....
Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:33 am

Smiley wrote:
Here is Polaris's news release on the closure....

Polaris Plant Closure

my first post was a quote from a report made by a news outlet close to the plant.

Back to top Go down
imbill

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:00 am

I have been lookin at side by sides and polaris ranger was going to be the one BUT now i think artic-cat will be the one !!! I know this wont hurt a company as big as they are but if more people felt this way they might think about there decisions !!! NAAAA they wont !!! Some guy making big bucks and counting beans will make it look alright on paper !! it sort of PISSES a feller off !!!
Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:35 pm

yup it sure does, and polaris Ceo Scott Wine said "He doesn't think people will care" when asked if he thought polaris being made in mexico would effect the sales because of the american made label being moved to made in mexico.

In my opinion it was arrogant to think we wont care.

i do think their sales will crash, and they have no one to blame.

polaris makes billions every year, yet they are worried about saving 30 million so they cut american employee's throats and dont care about the state of our economy in america. they only care about making their product cheaper and selling it for more.

i'd love to know how much the plant they are closing grossed them in profits every year.

i would imagine it was higher than 30 million per year.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:59 pm

It is just the way of life anymore. If you wear blue jeans like Lee, Wrangler, or Levi's, viva da Mexico.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Wyld
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:45 pm

wolf1 wrote:
Atually wyld,
polaris must have fired their quality control back in 1999, since then polaris has had 19 recalls and the list grows, and you guessed it these are recalls from previous years past that polaris simply has not addressed the problem

look at the cpsc consumer product safety commission' recall report.

Yamaha has had 5 recalls since 1999

honda has had 9 recalls since 1999

polaris has had 18 recalls since 1999 (probably can check and that number has gone even higher)

and a good many of polaris recalls are really severe.

some riders were severely injured.

you can see them here.

http://www.atvsafety.gov/atvrecalls.html

things like transmission bolts backing out while riding causing the rear wheels to lock up.

steering stems breaking while riding causing you to lose control. (they had this issue before and people were seriously injured, well it's back on the sportsman atv's)

defective ball joints breaking while riding. (this one is failry recent)

it's a pretty big list....

One of the many reasons why I never considered buying a popo anyways. To many people i know that have them, had problems with theirs.

Can-am maybe had a maximum of 5 recalls since 1999( but they have only been making atvs since that year anyways).

Back to top Go down
bubbanewf

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Didnt someone say Can Ams are not made in Quebec anymore? I may like Canadians more than Mexicans but I dont think most give a darn about that either way. If one was American made from start to finish and it was a great product, I would choose it for sure. But just like I had to buy a Camry in 91 because American cars were still crap,
I would stick with a Polaris or CanAm depending upon the model regardless.
I try to buy American whenever I buy, but!!!!! try to find an American made tractor. They are all made in Japan and now Korea or China. Go to WalMart and everything you pick up is made in China. From tow hitches to paper products.
I stopped worrying about it in most cases but its not that I dont care. They use lead paint, put stuff in the food products that are banned in the US, and who knows what else. Remember the cute little stuffed animals they sent us. Little kittens and puppies. Only they were real animal skins at first. They strangle dogs and eat them in those places.
(Korea , China and Thailand) hang them with wire . I have seen the photos.

Ok, enough of that, but until our government stops the flow of our businesses out of the country, we will have no choice in products and no work for that matter.
Want to boycott gasoline? Go ahead and walk. Like most, I will keep paying and driving. When hydrogen cars get to be the big thing, I would like to get one. Plenty of water for fuel that doesnt polute and after its used, it goes right back to rain again. Not acid rain by the way.

Build more nuclear plants and do away with all the coal and oil burning. That would help save the planet big time.
Rather have the mountains than the coal. And once gone, the mountains are gone forever. Just ask the WV locals.

I still like CanAms. Loved the way mine rode and all. But, needed a side by side and RZR was the best in my opinion when I bought. Later, if commander proves to be the best, then the word will get out and everyone will start buying them. Whether they are made in Mexico or Quebec.
That being said: I resent them moving another factory to Mexico. I would be happier if Polaris stayed in the US completely. But, I would not boycott them because of it. There is no all American ride that is tops to choose.

Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:11 pm

i will not buy a polaris, for two reasons.
the recalls they have had have been high and severe.

and the fact that they are moving to mexico. crashing our economy even further. all for greed.

the truth is polaris hasn't been american made for many many years. they are co owned by fuji heavy industries...(which is probably why they have so many recalls.)

who cares really? ask those 515 polaris employee's if they care that their job is being taken away from them because polaris wants to cut their throat to save a few dollars.

and not only that...their jobs are being given to mexico. the people who crash our borders and take jobs from americans already.
Back to top Go down
THE ROXSTAR D
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 pm

I will try to choose my words carefully, so to not start a peeing contest but:

Everyone making comments about this is local, and by that I mean "from the south". I am southern by the grace of god, and I still believe that we should "Buy American" "Eat our vegetables and vitamins" and "say our prayers" but unfortunately, we "southeners" are the minority in america these days. Do you think that the people riding out in Glamis care if mexicans build the Rzrs they are playing on? Mexicans are the MAJORITY in California now. They could care less. Do you think people in Minnesota or the UP care if Canadians build there Can-Ams. There are more Canadians in Minnesotta then there are minesottians.

The pride of America is fleeting (just look at our leadership right now) and the thinking that most southerners carry (and I am one of them) does not ring true outside the small geographical area that we live in. That's why I beg the question:

"Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?......"

GO USA
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Well said Dustin Thumb
Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Yeah That

you can barely by gas, stay at a hotel that isn't owned by foreign people. And its not just "around here''. I travel pretty much country wide and its a lot easier to find foriegn owned rather than the latter in all states, even i the most remote places in this country.
Look at our vehicles...I own two Nissans...made in Tennessee...the big three have been slowly moving below the border for years, which we own several in our fleet.

Major reason we are up Sh&t creek in this country, we own very little and make very little products. Just take a trip to Wal-Mart and see were everything is made at. Very sad and depressing if you think about it.
Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:41 pm

it is very depressing,

i believe a country is only as good as the people in it.

if they all vote then they can be heard rather than ignored.

our current administration i think is a joke.

but that is my personal opinion....

but i also believe if you are just sitting by watching our country go to hell in a handbasket and making excuses for the reasons it's heading there, then you are more part of the problem and none of the solution.

the turtle only makes progress when he sticks his neck out....
Back to top Go down
sstandefer

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 am

Wrote paper on Honda and Poalris in graduate school. Polaris is an American Company public traded. They have a wide varitey of suppliers some domestic some foreign but they are an American company and the gross profits of Polaris to reside in America/ Keep in mind that all the major manufactures have some facilities in America so they do benefit our econemy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.s3ATVSalvage.com
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:13 am

they are an "american assembled" company but many of their components are made in japan and even china.
and now with the move to mexico...not even that.

it's not ok to let all of our companies move to mexico, it's not ok for companies to cut the throats of their employee's,
we have a voice and can vote. we can also send an email to our local congressman.
problem is for many years the task of sending our congressman a simple email has been too much work for most people. and it gives most people something to complain about rather than doing anything about it.

if we cast our vote for the "sensational" candidate
instead of the best candidate, we end up with Obama in office.

and it starts with us voting in the right mayor and governor and congress.

and polaris making billions each year doesnt need to move to mexico.
it's nothing but greed for them.

yet for years they have claimed to be american made.

even some of their engines are stamped "fuji" and dont get me started on their electronics.

if all they need to do is assemble a few things to be considered american made then we have to call the chinese 110cc atv's american made too, because the salesmen/dealers have to partially assemble them here.
Back to top Go down
sstandefer

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 am

I agree with you about keeping all we can in America. Even HD buy Japanese componests many because there are already certifed manufactures for things such as lighing, carburators etc. Many of these componets must meet federal specifications for poloution and safety and it is more economical to buy from an existing certified supplier as sad as that may be our governement is a big cause of this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.s3ATVSalvage.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!   

Back to top Go down

POLARIS MOVING TO MEXICO???!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1