Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCATVRCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Windshield ?
Today at 8:16 pm by Bamagirl

» NIB: Yamaha Rhino Sport wheel caps 5UG-F530B-00
Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:46 pm by oldmustangjunkie

» For sale: Lock and Ride windshield for 570/800/900xp
Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:46 pm by oldmustangjunkie

» FS: A-arm guards from Factory UTV for a RZR 900 XP
Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:43 pm by oldmustangjunkie

» Pickett 11/12 and 11/13 any new things to note ?
Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:54 pm by darkstar

» Polaris Lock and Ride Rear View Mirror
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:24 pm by Bamagirl

» 2013 RzR 570 LE $8300 **SOLD**
Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:01 pm by commanderjjones

» Nice Used Trailer with Lounge/Living Area
Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:17 am by Pro-LineTrailers

» New RZR Auxiliary Fuel Tank
Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:16 pm by KSCFIRE

Similar topics
  • » SUZUKI V100
  • » SOLD ***** Two Brothers M2 Aluminium slip on suit B1250 / B1200 / GSX650F
  • » Ventura luggage
  • » Staintune problem continues
  • » Wagga - Cabramurra - Tumbarumba - Wagga
  • » Chain Lube
  • » Cruise Control
  • » Grating Gears
  • » powerbronze undertail
  • » Helmet lock Wires
  • Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Links
    Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

S3 ATV Salvage

QSC

December 2014
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar
    Hit Counter
    hit counters
    Share | 

Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    TikiGod77

PostSubject: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:31 pm

I have a '99 Suzuki LT-250F 4x4. Its a little bike but I love the 3 speed sub transmission giving me 15 forward gears and 3 different reverse speeds. With lockers front and rear, its a tank and will go just about any where. Problem is, the tires are starting to show some wear and, unlike other 4x4's, the front and rear tires are different sizes. This makes for VERY limited options. Currently it has 22x8x10s on the front and 25x11x10s on the rear (all original). I found that the Kenda Bearclaws are available in these sizes and but was hoping for something more aggressive. Would like to upgrade to a 12" rim but unable to find rims with a 4/140 bolt pattern. Can anyone help me out?
    Back to top Go down
    darkstar
    CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:13 pm

That sounds like a really cool bike , man there must be rims available no problem , Ill call Beau ? Bo for short haha.
    He know where to get some . Boot legger proably knows or Can am Chris or Dan - Dan knows everything we think .
    He knows alot more than the rest of all our collective minds haha.
    Let me check man.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.absolutetreework.com
    darkstar
    CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Ask our sponser , here is his page
    http://www.mud-throwers.com/atv_wheel_chart
    I only saw a very few 4/140

I think they make a spacer for that pattern that would allow you to use alot of the average wheels and thus tires .
    Back to top Go down
    bamajeepjunkie
    TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Do you know the gear ratio? The Honda 300 came with 23 fronts and 24 rears, but everyone goes to the same fronts as rears no problem. What I would do is measure how tall the front and rear tires acually are. I bet they are only an inch differance, if that is so run like 24/25 combo.
    Back to top Go down
    TikiGod77

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Think I have email every sponsor that I can find on here that sells wheels. I can get the same stock size and only in the standard steel rim, can't even get a fancy wheel! As for a spacer/adapter, I would be definitely open to the idea, but it appears that it will have to be custom made and that equals major $$$.

Not sure on the exact gear ratio, but I did measure the tires and they are truly 22" in the front, 25" in the back. Talked to a Suzuki shop mechanic and he said I would be fine as long as I maintained a 2-3" difference.

But alas, she had to be winched back onto the trailer Saturday in Prentice Cooper. Was cruising along about 15 mph on Tower Rd and without warning, died like you had turned the switch off and locked down. No noises, no pops, no starting.

Back to top Go down
    darkstar
    CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Man we should talk - mayeb get it running well and sale it ?? then buy a kick butt KQ750 2009 ?
    I have 4 other bikes if ya really do want to ride but im trending toward the races .
    conasauga the next two weekends .
    Major investmant in time and bike for those .

Did ya see the pics of us and then this weekened of RZRchicks ride at the cove .
    Lota winching going on on the point road .
    So far ive rode it straight up no problems yet , but i expect my day will come .
    I payed it forward in 2008 with a completly totaled KQ 450 out there .
    Holla at me man im going to the point tomorow morning or as you call it davidson gap .
    Psyched
    Back to top Go down
    darkstar
    CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 pm

TikiGod77 wrote:
    Think I have email every sponsor that I can find on here that sells wheels. I can get the same stock size and only in the standard steel rim, can't even get a fancy wheel! As for a spacer/adapter, I would be definitely open to the idea, but it appears that it will have to be custom made and that equals major $$$.

Not sure on the exact gear ratio, but I did measure the tires and they are truly 22" in the front, 25" in the back. Talked to a Suzuki shop mechanic and he said I would be fine as long as I maintained a 2-3" difference.

But alas, she had to be winched back onto the trailer Saturday in Prentice Cooper. Was cruising along about 15 mph on Tower Rd and without warning, died like you had turned the switch off and locked down. No noises, no pops, no starting.

Not to insult you intellligence but its happened to me .
    Did you check the battery connection ?
    When they die like that it always seems like its the simple stuff .
    Loose wire etc etc.
    Im not familar with that bike atall so ???
    Back to top Go down
    TikiGod77

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:44 pm

If I hadn't just installed the new battery (Motobatteries AGM battery, its AWESOME!) and could see the lights on, this is exactly what I would have thought. However, it appears that I have traced it back to a clogged fuel line. This bike belonged to an avid sportsman that used it solely for hunting purposes. Unfortunately, he passed with cancer and his son did not share the same enthusiasm for hunting so the bike sat in their basement for a couple of years until he recently decided to sell it. Its a '99 model bike and only has 950+ miles on it (thus the original tires). Apparently I did not get everything out and I have something major wedged in a fuel line. Replaced it and it fired right back up. Not sure what else went through there so she's apart in my garage right now and getting a cleaning from the carb back. Ordered a new jet kit for it as well so its actually good timing.
    Back to top Go down
    TikiGod77

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:51 pm

Update: replaced all of the fuel lines and cleaned out the petcock valve (nasty). Took the carb off (very clean; screen in petcock did its job), put in a DynoJet/K&N stage 2 kit, and cleaned everything from intake to exhaust. It runs like a new four wheeler.
    Back to top Go down
    Bootlegger
    Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options   Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Good deal.....those are some Tough atv's....first ones to have IRS.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
    http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/

Suzuki Quadrunner 4x4 - Wheel/Tire Options

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1