Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

August 28, 2010 Rally

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CE

PostSubject: August 28, 2010 Rally   Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:56 am

Just thought I would share some info on this Land Use Rally taking place in Utah at the end of the month. They, like countless others, are fighting for land use priveledges. It seems like everytime I check, they have lost more large amounts of acreage to Wilderness or some other sort of title that keeps all mechanized travel out. Its not just Utah but every single state out west and it seems to be working its way in this direction. That being said, most people in our neck of the woods probably feel like there is little we can do to help. You can start by taking a minute to watch the video and then go from there. They need all the help possible and since I have been out there on more than one occasion, I know first hand what is a stake. The OHV community needs to come together to help one another so we can start showing these people in Washington just what kind of numbers they are actually dealing with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du-AU6jADE8&feature=player_embedded

Take Back Utah protects access to our public lands and defends the freedom of all American’s to explore and experience America’s Wild Places, while preserving America’s small town economies and rural lifestyles through responsible land use.

http://takebackutah.org/

WHAT WE ARE ABOUT

1. We are focused on enacting public policy change at the federal government level to protect access to our public lands for all.

2. We serve as an inclusive and unifying voice to diverse groups of American's who want to access and experience America's Wild Places for themselves, regardless of age, ability or other factors that may be limiting.

3. We are a loud voice of truth about public land access issues – we speak with veracity to educate our fellow citizens and government officials about how today's "Wilderness" policies exclude most American's from having the ability to personally experience America's most wild places, as well as how these policies weaken the ability of America's small towns to survive.

Aug 28th Rally

Last year, 4000 outdoor enthusiasts and multiple users of public land from around the country gathered in Salt Lake to march on the capitol in protest of land restrictions placed on Utah’s public lands by the federal government. The protest ignited a string of events that has changed the course and direction of local and state leaders regarding the importance of public land access in the state.

Just some of the direct results of our collective efforts led to renewed support from the state on protecting county rights of way with the federal government. Legislators were emboldened by that show of support to create, debate and pass legislation that challenges the fed’s authority over federal lands and gives the state the power of eminent domain. The light from that rally has also cast a beam of hope across the west to surrounding states who are now undertaking similar rallies on their home turf. But as far as we have come in one year, there is still much more to do to bring this cause to national attention.

“We now know these protests work, we just have to turn up the volume to make our case to the whole nation” Rick Whiteside president of Take Back Utah. The 2010 parade and rally, scheduled for August 28th running from Liberty Park to the State Capital is in need of 10,000 people to show up in support of our cause, or face the fact that the current administration will substantially choke off our access to our historical lands in Utah and throughout the west.

Make Plans and tell your friends to clear their calendars and parade with us through downtown Salt Lake. It is the most important ATV / Jeep trip, horseback ride, mountain bike excursion you are likely to take in the next few years The parade is free to enter, and representatives from all groups that use public lands are encouraged to join us for this event. Showing up is the most important thing you can do. Staging begins on the 28th at 6 AM. 10:00 to 12:00 will be the parade and 12:30 to 1:30 the rally.

Find out more at http://takebackutah.org/

There will be a couple of us making the trip out this year to participate in this Parade and Rally. We will be leaving Knoxville on Wed. 25th and will be arriving Friday night. We will do the Rally on Saturday and then head to Marysvale UT to stay and play for Sunday and Monday. We will leave Tuesday morning because I have to be home for the following weekend. I know it is a huge step for some one that has a normal job and on this short of notice to commit to something like this but if any of you want to join us I will haul your fourwheeler out and back free of charge. That will leave you with airfare, lodging and rental car. If anyone goes, plan on using 2-3 days of vacation if you work a normal work week. I do not expect to have many takers (if any) on this. Just know that if you do want to join us, you are more than welcome. Also, if you would like a club flag or banner to be displayed during this parade, let me know so I can make arrangements to get it from you. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Back to top Go down
Jug Head
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: August 28, 2010 Rally   Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:32 pm

I wish I could go. It would be cool to be in a parade that big Cool
Back to top Go down
CE

PostSubject: Re: August 28, 2010 Rally   Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Maybe you can swing it next time Jeremy. I just feel like I need to show my support since I have ridden out there the past few years and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is already having a huge affect on how neighboring states are beginning to veiw their public land policies. If they can get enough people to show for this, they may be able to start making things happen. Maybe we will still be able to pull that NV Trip off! Shocked You aint backin out of that one so don't even think about it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: August 28, 2010 Rally   Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:57 pm

CE,

Wish I could make it with you. Can;t right now, but I am hoping to make it to NV next year with you guys.
Back to top Go down
CE

PostSubject: Re: August 28, 2010 Rally   Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Hey no problem Ron, we will definetely get out there next year. This is so spur of the moment I really didn't expect any takers but thought I should atleast ask. We need to set a date to get together and I can give you the entire run down on next years trip. We can also get the route put into both of our GPS units so there is more than one of us that has it. It will give you a better idea of where all we will be going and let you know the points in the trip where a UFO abduction is most likely to take place! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 28, 2010 Rally   

Back to top Go down

August 28, 2010 Rally
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1