Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Merry Christmas - OHV Action Alert

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Merry Christmas - OHV Action Alert   Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Thought I would combine a "Merry Christmas" to all of you with a Action Alert (yes, always the multi-tasker) for the New Year.

Mark my words, 2011 is the year of OHV in Tennessee. So let's kick it off right. Here are four things you can do between now and January 1st to get the ball rolling. Please Repost in all of your favorite online OHV Forums.

1). Give the gift of OHV this Christmas season and be one of the first 1000 who buys the new OHV Specialty License plates on sale now at www.tohva.org Half of the proceeds (the other half goes to the state/arts) go towards making our OHV dreams come true, creating the mechanisms that lead us ultimately to a diverse statewide system of sustainable OHV trails in Tennessee! Hell, buy one each for the whole dang family!

2). Send this TDEC Press Release to your local newspaper...AND to your County Mayor. Make sure they print it and the County Mayor reads it. http://news.tennesseeanytime.org/node/6415 I would go so far as to write an editorial on why your county needs to jump onboard. Go to www.nohvcc.org if you want great written proof from across the country on successful OHV endeavors.

3). If you have an active OHV club and an "interested in pursuing this further" County Mayor (or City Mayor)...call or email me. I will walk any willing party thru this entire process, you are never alone in this pursuit! 931-326-3500 or iva@ivamichellerussell.com There are several County Mayors that have already started the process! Deadline for this grant is February 15, 2011. It is a short turnaround, but ultimately can be done if you jump on it now. Start small if you must.

4). Keep in mind, this is only a first step in the process of creating a statewide OHV program. If you don't make it to the point of applying for this grant, you have at least started the dialogue with your local government. OHV can bring economic opportunities to those who embrace it, and OHV'ers deserve places to ride if public money is involved...win, win.

5). On the legislative front, in the 2011 session we will be submitting (for the fifth and FINAL year) the OHV managing agency transfer bill that will finally move the languishing OHV program from TWRA to TDEC. All the roadblocks have been cleared and all the stars are aligned...all that being said, as soon as the state Senate and House OHV bill numbers are assigned, I will forward them on to you and I would highly suggest you get your state legislators to sign on to them and fast-track it thru the system.

I don't know about you, but I am soooo ready for a new era of OHV in Tennessee. 2011 here we come!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours. May you have a blessed holiday season.

Your fellow warrior,

Iva Michelle Russell
NOHVCC State Partner, Tennessee
OHV4TN, TOHVA
931-326-3500
iva@ivamichellerussell.com

Dedicated to creating a diverse statewide system of sustainable OHV trails in Tennessee.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas - OHV Action Alert
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1