Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:02 am

LYBURN, W.Va. (AP) -- Officials say they're hiring four more rangers to patrol the Hatfield-McCoy Trails.

Jeff Lusk, executive director of the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority Board, says three rangers have been hired already. Lusk says the fourth should be hired shortly.

Lusk says the board expects to generate up to $10,000 from fines on safety citations issued by the new rangers.

They new rangers are expected to be on the job by January

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:02 am

That is really good PR...

NOT!!!!

Governments can't squat properly...
Back to top Go down
wildman

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 am

yea i call a BS move too
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:19 am

Their math amazes me. 4 new employess to generate $10,000. scratch

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:24 am

Yep... 4 employees probably cost $100K per year... to raise $10K.

For government, that is a great return on investment...

I believe all government officials wear rose colored glasses...
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:32 am

Dan wrote:

I believe all government officials wear rose colored glasses...
Disguised as blinders Very Happy

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
ride

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:12 pm

pwm wrote:
Their math amazes me. 4 new employess to generate $10,000. scratch

Thats normal state/government math co co ... what will they ride ? It would be nice to know how much it costs to upkeep 4 rangers .... transportation,rides,fuel,gear and so on... silent
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:21 pm

They are riding RZR's I heard

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
bigcat
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:40 pm

They will run off more riders than they will help. bonk
Back to top Go down
uncle moe

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:26 pm

What a job! Where do I sign up. With benefits, apprx 48,750 per year plus expenses and only have to generate 10K in revenue. It's like getting paid to play until some good ol' boy kicks your butt for telling him he ain't obeying the rules!
Back to top Go down
wildman

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:25 am

houston valley added a copuple new rangers, and they are the very epitome of Barney Fife of mayberry.

they stopped our group just beat their chest and tell us how powerful they were.

took 5 seconds to check all of our ticket stubs and 15 minutes for them to verbally masterbate and tell us how powerful they were.

we were just riding trails. we hadnt been there long enough to break the rules....

why is it new rangers have to beat their chest and prove to everyone they have authority?
Back to top Go down
http://www.quadclass.com
wildman

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:03 pm

bc they are law enforcement and they are all that way i dont like people of the law, they mess with people mindin their own business and harass the worng ones, instead gettin the ones that need to be got, jm2cw
Back to top Go down
CE

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:13 pm

wildman wrote:
bc they are law enforcement and they are all that way i dont like people of the law, they mess with people mindin their own business and harass the worng ones, instead gettin the ones that need to be got, jm2cw

Get back on your meds Wildman co co . They aint all like that and YOU know it Wink . I have run up on quite a few good Law Enforcement Officers out there that were more than fair with me, infact, more fair than they should've been. They have got a job to do just like the rest of us. Unfortunately there are definetely some that get the big head when ever they get just a little bit of authority. Those are the one that should be shown the door. Oh, and jm2cw too! Shocked
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:29 am

They still have alot of land to cover. They have added a new system to the line up and also working on some more connectors between systems. They are working on a connector between RockHouse and Buffloa Mtn. I all the times that I been there we have only seen a couple on the trails. Most are at the trailheads. That's the last thing they want to do is run people off. Some of the Yanks they see are not real nice poeple. Most are but you see alot that are not.
Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:33 am

you get all kinds when it comes to cops, there are some good ones, but mainly because the job is a position on authority and power, mainly you get the power drunk axxholes who are just SO ready to write you up or haul you off to jail or give you grief because they have authority and because you arent a cop you MUST be a criminal.

there are far more bad cops out there than there are good ones.

and park rangers usually are the worst because they couldnt get a job as a real cop and throw their weight around in public. no they have to do it in the woods where only one or two get to see..

seriously, i see so many who are this way.
Back to top Go down
wolf1

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:44 am

understand i do appreciate and respect our police, those who do their job with decency and responsibility.

but the other power hungry turds need to be fired.

i have never been arrested, but i have been harrassed, while just being a decent honest human being.

i got the riot act just yesterday.

it snowed here 5.5 inches and my 1993 camaro which isn't made for snow, is only 4 inches off the ground.

so i decided to ride my daughters 250ex just down the street on the side of the road to go get eggs so my kids could have breakfast on christmas morning...

i got stopped by a catoosa county sheriff deputy wanting to know just what i thought i was doing riding an atv on the side of the road....
(after explaining to him my kids needed eggs for breakfast and the camaro is too low to get out of my driveway.)

if i hadnt figured out he just wanted to throw his weight around and look important and said yessir iam sorry, he would have hauled me to jail ON CHRISTMAS for trying to feed my kids.

and you could see my house from the convenience store!!!
i woud estimate that for every one good cop you have 10 more bad ones laughing at him for being too human
Back to top Go down
CE

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:45 am

powerbomb400 wrote:
They still have alot of land to cover. They have added a new system to the line up and also working on some more connectors between systems. They are working on a connector between RockHouse and Buffloa Mtn. I all the times that I been there we have only seen a couple on the trails. Most are at the trailheads. That's the last thing they want to do is run people off. Some of the Yanks they see are not real nice poeple. Most are but you see alot that are not.

When are we going back up Sammy so I can chase you and Marie around again? That was a great trip!
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Plan on going up sometime in the spring. But we have made reservations for the 4th of July.
Back to top Go down
Browning Fork Trailhouse

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Even though the cost is great, I think adding the rangers is a good thing. As the trail system grows, adding rangers is a must. And the rangers are very good to the riders. Unless you are drunk, doubling on a regular machine, riding without a permit, or just acting plain stupid, then you will have no problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.browningforktrailhouse.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers   

Back to top Go down

Hatfield-McCoy Trails Adds 4 Rangers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1