Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big G

PostSubject: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 am

I have family that has bought some property and a home in the White hill community located in VanBuren County, TN, southwest of Spencer, TN and west of Hwy 111.
They border an entrance to some TWRA property at Company Store Rd. They have ridden their four wheelers in their some but would like to know more about the area and have seen almost every weekend riders and groups of SXS going in at that location. Anyone know anything on this area as far as trails, private and public property?
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:01 pm

I'm not finding any TWRA property in that immediate vicinity on the TWRA maps...

If there is a road going onto the property, TWRA generally has a sign...
Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:13 pm

yeah they said once you turn onto Company store rd.and go just a little ways, that the signs are there.
I have looked online too this morning and only thing close is where they stock the trout in Rocky River.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Bridgestone/Firestone Property most likely. I have a TWRA map of it. So it must be controlled by them for the hunting part. Some of it is rideable from what I hear from locals but the Virgin Falls State Natural Area is not. Off limits...

There are several parcels of land according to the map that make up the Bridgestone Firestone Centennial Wilderness WMA according to the TWRA Map.

The BIG BOTTOM Unit A is the part that has ATV riding and according to the map you must stay on the trail.

You can get a Map of this Area and others from the TWRA Site. Cost is about $6. I have one for Bridgestone.

Here is some information about the Wilderness Area and how it came to be: http://www.firestone100.com/road/land_bottom_fr.html

This is a download to the map it is a PDF file:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCgQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sparta-chamber.net%2Fdownload_start.asp%3Fdownload_id%3D3&rct=j&q=bridgestone%20firestone%20centennial%20wilderness&ei=OF4iTbrTDYOC8gb94PGCBw&usg=AFQjCNFTh7pLlta-cIyYwMVEm9RsQ913Gg&cad=rja
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Bridgestone/Firestone is on the VanBuren-White Co. line and N of Fall Creek Falls State Park. The White Hill community is in WSW VanBuren Co, about 20 miles SW of B/F.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Maybe that is where some of the people I know are going. I have asked them to give me a call that I wanted to go. I guess they are not wanting me to go down there. I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:39 am

guys thanks for the info and keep it coming if you can...... DAn you are correct this map is northeast of the area I am trying to search.....
Back to top Go down
hrspwr

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:36 am

I live not far from that area, as far as I know all of that property in the Rocky River Gulf - company store road - is private. It was sold about 4 yrs ago to a land company from New Mexico, thats the story I was given anyway.
The road has a gate across it but I have never seen it closed, there are some neat sites up in there the most notable being "big poplar", a poplar tree that was never harvested and must be at least 200 years old, it takes at least three men to reach around the trunk.
Lots of riding up in there just be cool about it and don`t trash it although it would be advised to stay out of there at least until deer season is over, deer season ends tomorrow anyway.
You can drive a 2wd pickup in there a pretty good ways, the road was built for log trucks and has a good base.
Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:01 pm

thanks.....
Back to top Go down
Big G

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:51 pm

I finally took a trip up to this area this Saturday morning. The river was rolling pretty good and it was a sight to see. The river gorge rolling through is very similar to Bryants cove. Absolutely breath taking views. We did cross the river a couple times no problem but further back it was impassible at this time because of water level, so I explored the trails that I could get to.
I hit several short dead ends that hunters had up the ridges, and couple with major washouts that were impassible. We did find a couple good loops and one trail that was as rough as I have ridden. Awesome trail, even got to break out the winch a couple times! I've started mapping what I rode but there is much more to see.....I have some pics and I'll try and get them up tomorrow. All in all it was a good day of exploring.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Sounds good G

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Sounds really really Good
Nothing is more fun than exploring new stuff.
Anyone haveing trouble opening the map link ???
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?   

Back to top Go down

White Hill in VanBuren Co., TN TWRA....Any info?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1