Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

? For rzr owners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mudder

PostSubject: ? For rzr owners   Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:09 am

I'm considering getting a Polaris rzr. I just wonder what people that have like about them over a four wheeler. I love riding my four wheeler but think I would love a rzr just as much. And will not be getting rid of my four wheeler. Ive never drove one so I'm just wanting to know as much as I can about them. I like four wheelin in trucks and on quads. I think the rzr would kinda be like those two wrapped up in one machine
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ? For rzr owners   Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:03 am

I love my sxs. Not a RZR but I think you would love one. I would probably get the S if I was buying a new one. I also said that I would not get rid of my wheeler............and I didn't for a couple of months Very Happy

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
mudder

PostSubject: Re: ? For rzr owners   Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 am

Yeah I'm thinking I'll like it better than the four wheeler. I'll probly get a new one and it will be the s. It just seems like the best deal. I found a few good deals on some used ones with alot of aftermarket stuff, but you never know with a used one. I just feel better getting a new one. I'm gon keep my quad I'll let my daughter use it. She likes it and I feel like it's the safest quad out there.
Back to top Go down
ride

PostSubject: Re: ? For rzr owners   Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:44 am

mudder wrote:
I'm considering getting a Polaris rzr. I just wonder what people that have like about them over a four wheeler. I love riding my four wheeler but think I would love a rzr just as much. And will not be getting rid of my four wheeler. Ive never drove one so I'm just wanting to know as much as I can about them. I like four wheelin in trucks and on quads. I think the rzr would kinda be like those two wrapped up in one machine
"I own a Rhino" but,my opinion, I got my first wheeler when I was 10 started trail riding at 16 and mud bogging trucks at 17-18 and done this till the first of last year,and I said I'll never own a sxs,just too slow ,too big ect. for 4wheeler trails,now that I have one I'll probably never go back to a wheeler or trucks, it is the best of both worlds IMO, I rode alone or doubled with my wife on a Rincon, and we had our family outings in a Big Chevy,so I got a Rhino were the whole family can go,and still have a little fun........And still loving IT!!! But get what will suit your needs !
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Dan

PostSubject: Re: ? For rzr owners   Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Mudder, if you don't ride agressively, and "S" is fine. If you like agressive, even only if occasionally, I would suggest getting a plain jane RZR and one of the heavier aftermarket long travel suspension kits.

I started with a regular LE (fancier paint and decals) with a regular suspension. I now have about 1700 miles on mine and many suspension repairs. So I have now upgraded to a Racer Tech RZ6 long travel kit mounted on Delrin bushings and Elka Elite shocks/springs. I'm still tuning on the shocks but it is a totally different machine. This suspension with do rough terrain unlike anything I have ever seen... and it doesn't need A-arm guards.
Back to top Go down
mudder

PostSubject: Re: ? For rzr owners   Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 pm

RIDE: thats what im thinking best of both worlds. Dan: thats something ill definately consider. Did the wheels work out like you planned. I hope they did.
Back to top Go down
mudder

PostSubject: Re: ? For rzr owners   Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:18 pm

By the way, we do ride pretty aggresively most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: ? For rzr owners   Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:03 pm

I had to rework the hubs to make the wheels fit properly, and from there, they have performed exactly as planned... actually better than what I had originally thought. I was really concerned about the clearance in front, but there is about a half inch to spare. The scrub radius is very close to zero, which make steering and control much better than with low offset wheels. Obstacles don't jerk the steering wheel like the original wheels did... very little bump steer. This thing is a dream to drive now.

Back to top Go down
mudder

PostSubject: Re: ? For rzr owners   Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:10 pm

good im glad they worked out. sounds like thats what i need to do, when i get my rzr. i still have the other set. i guess i need to hang on to them just in case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ? For rzr owners   

Back to top Go down

? For rzr owners
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1