Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Need info on pickett

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KennyM

PostSubject: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm heading to pickett this weekend to ride. I just got Dan's maps in my GPS, does anyone have a trail route sugestion? This will be our first time at Pickett !
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 pm

I do ill be there this weekend -- what are yall riding ????
Go in ONE stay on one .......
Also bring you a tiny little print out of the GE version of Dans maps --- ittl help ypu with the over all picture --- You know you can glance at the paper instead of the gps and see where yer at faster IMO ---
So dont stry off trail one to start - dont go on the side roads ...
Look at Google Earth version ok and get your bearings
What is the skill level of the group - what are yall riding and what length are you look for ?
Do yall ride straight on through mostly or do yall like to sit and talk every mile or so ?
Nothing wrong with either style i just want to answer you as best i can ....
Best thing is give me a call 4234004110

Or post here..... do you have a smart phone ????
Or on your GPS we can send you a really good track
There arew several trails that trees are down on - most have been cut but some of the more steep trails are still blocked .....
Ill post u up a basic guide based on yalls riding skill --- or not skill - heck any body can try to ride a step rutted hill --- its more a question of --- do you want to ????

You are in for a major major treat you ride in and under arches --- you can ride under one and have one atv on top and get the coolest picture ...
Then there is the super famous car hauler trail --- its really good on a scal from 1 to 5 though its a 3 - been a few wrecks there ...

Let me know what yall are riding and what you are looking for - ill be out there on yellow can am 800s .....

im gonna post some old pics for ya here in a bit ...

Jerr
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:16 pm

KennyM wrote:
I'm heading to pickett this weekend to ride. I just got Dan's maps in my GPS, does anyone have a trail route sugestion? This will be our first time at Pickett !

First time there, Trail 1, Left on Trail 12 to Yellow Doors Overlook. Backtrack to Trail 1. Left on 1, Right on 15 to Carpenters Rock House. Backtrack to Trail 1. Right on Trail 1, Left on Trail 3 all the way out to Sand Minds. Backtrack Trail 3 and Left on 41, Right on 50 to small water fall at Trail 50/9 Intersection. From Trail 50 Right on Trail 9, Left on Trail 49, At 4-way Intesection Zig and Zag to get on Trail 37 Straight ahead not right turn, Take 37 to Right Turn onto 19, Right on 23 and Follow 23 back to Trail 3. Left on Trail 3 to Trail 1, Right on Trail 1 to Parking Lot. This will get you a full day ride.

PM me your Email address and I will send you a Garmin File that you can see all of this on your computer screen. You just cannot load it on your GPS, hence, Dan's Map.

Last edited by Rooster on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:10 am

Kenny, I have been riding Pickett for many Years. IMO, its the best place to ride in this area. I have taken a break for a few years so I don't know all the numbers that they have given the trails, but the route Rooster said above is a great one. I don't think there is a trail there that I haven't been on at least once over the past 16 years but some I can't remember....lol. There is a lot more people riding there in the past 3-4 years than there use to be. I think you will really enjoy your ride there. Follow the numbers that Rooster said and you will be set.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
KennyM

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:41 am

Went to pickett over the weekend and had a blast!! This is a beutiful place to ride. My GPS with Dan's maps worked perfect!! This is definetly a must if you ride Pickett. We were just riding along and was stopped by a group of people that were LOST! I easily lead them back to were they needed to go.Thanks ya'll for the info can't wait to ride again. [img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:56 am

KennyM wrote:
Went to pickett over the weekend and had a blast!! This is a beutiful place to ride. My GPS with Dan's maps worked perfect!! This is definetly a must if you ride Pickett. We were just riding along and was stopped by a group of people that were LOST! I easily lead them back to were they needed to go.Thanks ya'll for the info can't wait to ride again. [img][/img]

Glad you had fun Kenny. Very Happy Thats what its all about IMO. Maybe you can come ride with us sometime. Your more than welcome too. Wheeler

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Thank you, Kenny... that compliment has made my day. That makes all the effort worth while.

Back to top Go down
KennyM

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Your welcome Dan, I also gave told them how to get the order forms, they said tthey were going to place a order. Bootlegger, next time ya'll go let me know.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:32 pm

I will Kenny. Its a fun place!

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Kenny tell us what all you did - me and Rooster reccomended dang near oppisite trails so id like to hear whare all yall went ....
We were writing on anouther forum ...

"Hey Buddy it was funny i never mentioned it - that fellow who went to Pickett for the frst time lats week - Remember me and you both gave him trail suggestions .

Well i actually talked to him for a hour on the phone to .

Our trail suggestions were dang near the exact oppisite --- I have him heading straigh into the middle doing car hauleer and two logs - then over to sand mine - then way way over and coming up 102 past tea cup and all that --- then o the way out doin yellow doors and pall mall ---- My thinking was to keep him from doing ANY back tracking at all unless he hadent had enough after all that hehe.
Id love to hear what he actually did .....
Here ill ask ...""'

So what did ya do ???
Back to top Go down
KennyM

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Well........I forgot and left the suggtions ya'll gave me at home. So we just decided to WING IT. The first day we arrived about 3pm so we parked at the trail 1-101 split, from there we went 101 to 104 Mineral lake back 101,103,102,101 trail 1 to 100 and back to 1 to truck.

The second day we arrived at 8:30am we took trail 1,16 Car Hauler not as bad as I heard,3,Sand Mines,51 Twin Rock,952,9 ate lunch at the old Hancock Grocery,9,36,51,9,3,17,16,3,we decided we ate enough dust and went back to 1 and to truck.

We saw the 2 log brigde you spoke of, but one of the logs was broken. We had alot of fun, but we decided next time to either ride in the Fall/Winter when you can see more of the scenic points or ride with some of ya'll that know wher all the cool stuff is.

Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Fall and Winter is some of the best riding at Pickett. The real scenic stuff is over on Edwards Mtn Side.
Back to top Go down
scottcrull

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 pm

I heard the Hancock Grocery is closed is that true? We are coming down in about 10 days so if its open that would be great, good to know if i need to pack a lunch or not.
Back to top Go down
JodyT

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Nope...its opened back up...New owners, its now Called Sunny Brook...They are serving Sandwich's and soft drinks....Secure parking as well. $5/ATV
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 pm

You went around two log bridge -Crikey not across it - well not when wet .}
And especially now with one log broken -

You had a splendid tour --- 16 and 17 ---- you did do the two logs bridge trail

51 is nice huh?
What were yall riding - was it just the two of yall or did ya have wives riding double up because some of that stuff if you rode ridden double up is oretty tricky IMO

Basically you followed my route suggestion to a perfect T except you didnt come back on 72

Next time include 72--- FO SHO
Back to top Go down
gary197210

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:05 am

me and a couple of friends are planing to go ride pickett this weekend. i hvent been there sense january and i was wondering if there have been any changes. like is it closed and can u still park at the sandwich shop. i would hate to get there and have to leave.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:26 am

I have not been there in some time but I do not think much has changed.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
JodyT

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Nothing has changed...Parking is still open at the sandwich shop...just be respectful. They have had a few bad apples come through. If that keeps up it will be off limits as far as parking goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
gary197210

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:40 pm

thanks for the info. the new owners seemed like really nice people.
Back to top Go down
chadbenn

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:55 am

Park on Tennessee side off of 167, new owner at sandwich shop is not very nice, plus when Carl owned property he would let you park for free as long as he knew you...new guy not only makes you pay, but you have to pay $5 for each bike you bring! Not only did he shut down the store and place is parking only, but the last and final time we parked there with a rzr and 4 birt bikes it cost $25 to park...rediculous considering you can park on Tennessee side where there is much better trail access and its free. Missing Carl and his bolagna sandwiches...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need info on pickett   

Back to top Go down

Need info on pickett
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1