Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Pickett versus Brimstone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Yep I knew that. I would have to say that a real conservative estimate is that 80% of the trail riding up there is on Private Property. Might be higher than that.
Back to top Go down
JodyT

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:00 am

darkstar wrote:
Rooster - dide there is a road out thar --- when was last time you reallt probed the area ...

Probed man - probed --- LOL
We love ya Rooster
Now that JodyT HMMMMMMM Hair Pull

You off your meds again tonight or did screw up and take a double dose again Huh2
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:04 am

Yeah, we know its all Private Property. There use to be a lot more riding there about 10 years ago than there is now. I would say it might be more than 80% Rooster if I was to guess at it. As far as nice trail riding...I think Pickett is the nicest place to ride. Then I like Brimstone a lot as well.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:41 am

The rep for Wayne Lumber has stated they would be open to leasing the property that everyone rides for off-road use.....just like they lease the one tract for hunting. He never mentioned clear cutting either. He was very adamant about ATVs staying off the hunting lease though. He didn't stutter a bit when he told me that.

As for the guy that owns the cabin talked about earlier....he told me as a teen that I was welcome to ride his trails on two conditions. If it was really really muddy, stay off. If a gate was closed, it was closed for a reason. Don't go around it or through it, come back another time. Other than that, have a blast and be careful. That stuck with me and that's why I haven't ridden up there since his daughter said he had to close things down.

That's how the area was for years....land owners let you ride as long as you were respectful and many times, you would meet them out on the trails. Times and owners have changed. I just hope my kids can grow up riding some of the same trails I did as a kid.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:14 am

CNC_guy wrote:
The rep for Wayne Lumber has stated they would be open to leasing the property that everyone rides for off-road use.....just like they lease the one tract for hunting. He never mentioned clear cutting either. He was very adamant about ATVs staying off the hunting lease though. He didn't stutter a bit when he told me that.

As for the guy that owns the cabin talked about earlier....he told me as a teen that I was welcome to ride his trails on two conditions. If it was really really muddy, stay off. If a gate was closed, it was closed for a reason. Don't go around it or through it, come back another time. Other than that, have a blast and be careful. That stuck with me and that's why I haven't ridden up there since his daughter said he had to close things down.

That's how the area was for years....land owners let you ride as long as you were respectful and many times, you would meet them out on the trails. Times and owners have changed. I just hope my kids can grow up riding some of the same trails I did as a kid.

I agree, if the Gates are closed I won't go around them. Just outta respect. I'm like you, I hope it stays open for years to come. I remember the first time I rode out there. I had my 1994 Bayou 300 4x4...lol. It was just a few months old. Wished I still had it too, man that thing was tough. I went with some of my friends from school. One of the boys Dad's took us out there. The trails back then wasn't nothing like they are now. I started seeing more traffic out there about 6-7 years ago. I think thats when it picked up a lot. I use to see a guy out there all the time that had a 185 Honda 3-Wheeler... Cool I wonder what ever happen to that old guy? Did you ever seen him out there riding? It was probably around 96'- 2002 I use to seen him almost every time we rode out there. He would stop and talk forever. Pretty cool guy. He sure knew his way around. Well...thats it for the memory lane trip. Razz

Don't Wayne Lumber company pretty much owned all if out there now?

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:00 pm

There aint no gate that find any where near that cabin and it didnt look like anyone had been around the cabin very much ....
The folks across from Hancock grocery were very friendly as welll as the new owner of the house behind hancock Grocery - Supposedly you can stop in that house and they willl fix you sandwiches and stuff ....Every local we met was real, nice ....

On a side note i saw two guys - No helmets - riding on the hwy way about 50 MPH right near Lees BP station ouside of Brimstone - wow - i thought that was pushing it .
Anyhow they were right in the middle of the lane hauling it ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 pm

I think that they are both great riding spots. They each have something to offer. You don't find sandstone at Brimstone that is at Pickett. But in Scott County you can ride the county roads without having to worry about breaking the law. Also the layout of the land is total different at Brimstone vs Pickett. I do like Brimstone for the fact that we can go from there all the way to Windrock. I think that someday they all will get together and work out a deal for there is alot to gain.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 am

powerbomb400 wrote:
I do like Brimstone for the fact that we can go from there all the way to Windrock. I think that someday they all will get together and work out a deal for there is alot to gain.

Now wouldn't that be something. A force to reckon with.
Back to top Go down
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:21 am

One thing about it....we have a lot of options in a relatively small geographical area. I've read other forums about folks driving for hours and hours for a few miles of trails and they're happy to do it. I can be at Pickett in 20min and Brimstone or Windrock in a little over an hour. We are lucky here in Kentucky and Tennessee.

And darkstar, I hope you weren't thinking I was implying the locals aren't friendly. Most folks around here ride and have no problem with riders. My point is that things aren't as wide open as they used to be....many great trails are now blocked.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickett versus Brimstone   

Back to top Go down

Pickett versus Brimstone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2