Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Wiring LED lights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
earnhardtracer38

PostSubject: Wiring LED lights   Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:08 pm

I just bought a 6" Vision X Xmitter LED light bar for my Rancher and was wondering how to wire it up. I would like to be able to use my stock headlights at times and then be able to switch over to this LED light with the stock lights off. Only one set of lights would be on at a time, the stock or the LED bar, all while the rear tail light is continuously on. How would I go about this? I know I would need a switch of some kind to select the set of lights I want but that is all i know. I know a little about electrical but not this much. Does any one have any ideas? By the way, the LED light only has one setting, no high or low, just on.

Back to top Go down
Wyld
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED lights   Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:01 am

I know yours isn't a rzr, but this vid shows the same principle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InzGZIv_8T8

Just wire the cables to your battery or You could connect the cables to your lights( before the cables come from the battery to your headlight switch). Just be sure to have a fuse block between the place where you tie into your headlight cables or battery and the switch where you plan on operating the Light bar.

Then run the light bar output to where you want to mount it on your Rancher.

This set-up will allow you to run both sets of lights independently or all together.
Back to top Go down
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED lights   Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Your vision X should have came with a wiring kit. Or atleast all of them I have seen do.. IF it did just use it.. It makes wirign super easy..

If it didnt just get you a waterproof toggle switch and wire it inline from a 12 v source.. Both of mine are run to the battery but I also used the Vision X kit

I wouldnt wire them into the factory healights. IF for some reason your factory headlights quit working you still got the LEd if its on a standalong wiring system..
Back to top Go down
Wyld
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED lights   Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Well i wired my off-road lights on my durango straight to the battery, then wired the switch straight to the lights. Only downside i can see about wiring straight is what if you forget to turn the light bar off with the engine off, it can and will drain the battery. ( ask me how I know this). Or if you accidentally turn on the lightbar during the day, and forget to turn it off. I've done this a few times. Dosen't hurt to check. ( to solve this get a lighted (led) switch that lights up when the switch is on.

Thing good about hooking into the wiring for your headlights( before the headlight switch) is you don't have to fool with the fuses and if you happen to have the atv headlights( bulbs go out or the headlight switch goes bad, you still will be able to operate the LED bar.

Plus it makes for a neater install. But a couple zip-ties and a wiring harness shroud and that will make it neater as well.
Back to top Go down
earnhardtracer38

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED lights   Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks for the replies. I got to thinking about what you both said and it probably would be a better idea to just hook straight up to the battery in case something was to happen to the stock headlight system. The only reason I wanted to connect into the stock lights was to be able to use the tail light along with the LED bar. I cuold always buy an aftermarket taillight if I really want to go that route. I havent gotten the ligth bar yet as it is still in shipping. I appreciate all of the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED lights   

Back to top Go down

Wiring LED lights
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1