Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

wanting to ride at pickett

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gary197210

PostSubject: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon May 28, 2012 8:33 am

I am new to this site and atvs. We have a few of use that ride together and the learning curve on where and where not to ride sucks. I live in Pulaski county Ky. and head that pickett state forest is open to ride. i was want to know where to go to park and get to the trails on the north end of the park. I dont need anymore tickets. for rideing in the wrong place. any help would be great.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon May 28, 2012 10:04 am

Again welcome to the site. We have a lot of Pickett riders who will probably chime in after they get back from the holiday rides.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am

There are a couple of places to park on the N side... Sunnybrook Sandwich Shop on Ky 200 (safer), and Dry Hollow Bridge at the E end of Ky 1009 (Slickford).
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon May 28, 2012 5:34 pm

I would like to hear more about the ticket.
Back to top Go down
gary197210

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon May 28, 2012 10:07 pm

thanks for the info.dan I am hope to go next saturday. and about the ticket I learn that just because you see people riding a place all the time dont mean its legal. We had a small group of three rideing some trails we new in a place called keno just south of somerset.which is a part of the danial boone forest.The ranger cut us a break but it still cost each of us $75.00 for being on a forest raod.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon May 28, 2012 10:12 pm

I've heard that about Daniel Boone. Same applys to North Cumberland here in TN, except that a permit is available. No permit, fine is about $25, but court cost is another $250... so I've heard. I think it's best to get the permit...
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Tue May 29, 2012 5:11 am

Plus, you will have Criminal Tresspass on your record and will always show up on Background checks which everyone is doing these days.

About Pickett, I noticed you said First Time ATV Owner. Pickett is a very good place to ride if you like it on the technical side. For maximum enjoyment it would be a good thing to take someone that knows the area your first time there. Which way to go or what trail to take can be a little overwhelming. When were you planning on going there?
Back to top Go down
gary197210

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Tue May 29, 2012 6:44 am

I have looked at some of the maps out tthe there and down loaded the map from dan.( thank you dan) I know you are right about rideing with somebody that knows the place. but we havent been able to really plan a ride due to work. i am hopeing to get there and make some new freinds.
Back to top Go down
cajunman

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 am

Anybody going to pickett this long weekend ?
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:09 pm

Hitting Windrock Friday.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
ranger tim

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Going back up to Ky. Saturday for toys for tots run . santa
Back to top Go down
gary197210

PostSubject: permits for pickett   Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:38 am

i have been riding down at pickett or slickford a bunch of times. i have always parked at the sandwich shop. than all of the problems started with it saleing it is nice to here that the sandwich shop has reopend.however treaspassing still seems to be an isssue.i was woundering about parking and going in from the pickett state park side do i need to buy a pemit to do that and is it the same pemit that i would get to ride royal blue and all the other place down in TN. price for a non resident seem to be $191.00 is that right. i would be most thankful for any info.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 am

Non-residents will need the 072 (good for 7 days) or 071 (good for a full season), PLUS the 093. The 071 and 072 are for hunting and fishing "most" public and private lands, but you also need the 093 to be legal on the WMA's. The 036 and 038 permits are just for one day.

Only one permit PER MACHINE is required. For example, if you have 6 people in your Ranger Crew, you still only need one set of permits.

Riding Permit Requirements for NON-RESIDENT riders. *****Residency clarification is listed at the bottom of this post.

License Type 072......7 day hunting - small game/waterfowl - no big game...............................$50.50 (only valid for 7 days)
........and.......
License Type 093......annual WMA permit - small game only....................................................$27.00 (valid until 2/28/14)

........or.........

License Type 071......annual hunting - small game/waterfowl - no big game..............................$91.00 (valid until 2/28/14)
......and......
License Type 093......annual WMA permit - small game only....................................................$27.00 (valid until 2/28/14)

The licenses above are the bare minimum (cheapest available) permits required to allow legal riding in the North Cumberland WMA trail system. There are more expensive options if you wanted to return to TN and hunt big game (bear/boar/deer/turkey). Visit TWRA's website at http://www.tennessee.gov/twra/huntlicense.html for more details, or contact their Region IV office at 1-800-332-0900.

Riding Permit Requirements for TN RESIDENT riders. *****Residency clarification is listed at the bottom of this post.

License Type 001.......annual hunting/fishing combo.............................................................$28.00 (valid until 2/28/14)
......and......
License Type 093.......annual WMA permit - small game only.................................................$27.00 (valid until 2/28/14)

If you were only planning to ride 1 or 2 days, the options below may be more appealing.

North Cumberland Special Use Permits
License Type 036.......TN Resident daily use.......................................................................$22.50
License Type 038.......NON-Resident daily use.....................................................................$30.50

*****Resident Hunting License Qualifications*****
•Persons who possess a valid Tennessee driver's license or Tennessee state ID issued by the Department of Safety. Tennessee state law requires drivers to obtain a Tennessee driver's license within 30 days of residency. Out-of-state drivers license only accepted for Military Personnel and Students meeting the criteria below:
•Persons who have lived in Tennessee for 90 consecutive days with the genuine intent of making Tennessee their permanent home. Proof of residency required.
•Military personnel on active duty in this state and their immediate families, who reside with them, regardless of resident status.
•Students who are enrolled in a Tennessee school, college, or university for at least six months (must present a student ID card or other proof of enrollment
A Social Security Number is required to purchase a Tennessee hunting or fishing license

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 am

To clarify Phil's post above, I don't think that you need a permit for Pickett.....but you will need one for Royal Blue (North Cumberland WMA).

If you ever go to Windrock or Brimstone, separate permits are required for each. IMO, the best riding in this area is at Windrock.
Back to top Go down
http://boatmatetrailers.com
gary197210

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:32 am

so let me see if i got this straight to ride wma like royal blue i need to buy a hunting permit .do i also have to get a riding permit too? for brimstone i have to buy a permit at their office right.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:42 am

gary197210 wrote:
so let me see if i got this straight to ride wma like royal blue i need to buy a hunting permit .do i also have to get a riding permit too? for brimstone i have to buy a permit at their office right.
To ride at RB, you will either need a hunting/fishing license and WMA permit, OR the riding permit (North Cumberland Special Use Permit).....not both. If you are not a TN resident, be sure to get the non-resident versions.

If you ride at Windrock, you need to buy their permit.

If you ride at Brimstone, you need to buy their permit.

If you ride at Pickett, no permit is necessary.
Back to top Go down
http://boatmatetrailers.com
gary197210

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:54 am

thanks for all of the info. everybody has been a great help. riding is more fun when know you are all legall
Back to top Go down
mikeh

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:21 am

Are the trails that we rode on Rooster's Jackrabbit ride still open and legal?
Back to top Go down
mikeh

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 pm

I assume that some of the trails are not legal to ride, but some are doing it anyway. Am I correct? I have the track on my GPS and really wanted to ride that route again at a slower pace. It was beautiful! Should I not do it?
Back to top Go down
Wyld
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 pm

If it is posted and you are caught by the owners you can be held accountable for the actions of those before you, even if you are not guilty. Just because everyone else is riding there i dont know if i would take a chance. If you are caught ridingon prohibited trails it could set a bad example for the rest of the atv riiders out there that enjoy the legal trails. But you could always say if caught, you didn't know.

I personally wouldn't take that chance until the actual permission is granted by the owner/manager of the property the said trails are on. Just to stay legal.

I am not an attorney nor affiliated with any legal institute. Just giving my honest opinion on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Rich

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Agree with you Wyld..fyi, I'm not an attorney either. lol
Back to top Go down
mikeh

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 am

Thanks! I would not ride a posted area. Does anybody have a map that shows the illegal or legal areas or boundary's?
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 am

The posted area is ALL in KY.
Back to top Go down
Wyld
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Come ride Bryant's cove with us. (trails not posted) andpeople have been riding there for years.

Planning a ride soon, just this weekend have something else going on.
Back to top Go down
Rich

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Dan is right on. 2 weeks ago we started seeing signs on the other (ky) side of the sand mine. A big gate, too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wanting to ride at pickett   

Back to top Go down

wanting to ride at pickett
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next