Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Pickett Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Thanks Repoman. We're going to try to get in a ride up there just in case. Will let ya know what we find out while over there.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberlandgal.blogspot.com/
Cole795

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 am

Whats the latest word on the Sandwich Shop? Is it still up in the air or for sure going to be closing?
Back to top Go down
winwun

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 am

I hadn't heard anything about the sandwich shop closing -- seems all the talk has been about losing some trails due to logging . . .

If logging does occur, it should not be a long-term thing, and trails should be open again in a matter of weeks, I should think . . .
Back to top Go down
Tennessee Tornado
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeTornado
chadbenn

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Stopped by to see Carl today, Sandwich shop is closed for good, he has put out a box to pay (honor system) for parking...said he and his wife were hoping to sell house and move, said he would just let someone else worry with trying to keep trails open.
Cole795 wrote:
Whats the latest word on the Sandwich Shop? Is it still up in the air or for sure going to be closing?
Back to top Go down
winwun

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:35 am

Since Hancock left, it just ain't the same, is it ? ? ?
Back to top Go down
g-man
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Rooster wrote:
RIDE IS CANCELLED....No Need to go any further.

AllCon,

Can I look forward to support from the riders if I get new people involved in looking at this lease and the possibilities of keeping this area open? I am talking about people that have made this happen in the past and that strongly support the cause of ATVs and trail access?

Personally, I don't care how the lease is handled as long as access is secured.

G
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:40 pm

g-man: I'm in. Let me know if I can help, I'm an accountant.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:28 pm

I will help all I can.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup, †2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
will.reed

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:17 am

I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
cajunman

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:08 am

To make a very long story short. What do the owners want?
Money? Someone to take over the lease and full responsibilities for all riders and hunters?
It seems to me like the real reason why they donít want atv's is still missing.
I will help any way I can.
At the mean time, can we still ride or itís a done deal. We will get arrested if we get caught?

PS: thanks to all the riders that are trying to make this happen. This is really a great sport for all and for the economy. I couldnt imagine what would happen if one place after another closes like in many other states.
Back to top Go down
chadbenn

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:01 am

I agree with cajunman, we need to know what can be done to continue to ride there and not have to worry about if we are breaking some sort of law. Every since I heard that the land had changed hands and the rumors started to fly about what was going to be done, I stopped parking at the church and started going in from the pickett side...I figured that I would ride the part that I knew was legal since it is part of the state park OHV trails and work my way back into Kentucky until I saw signs posted saying no riding. We were just there yesterday riding, there were several people out...each group we passed I asked them where they had parked and each one said on the pickett side so I assume everyone had the same idea as myself. As far as I know, the only area that I have seen so far that is posted with signs from the logging company saying no riding is the hill up from the church. Any infomation that could be passed on would be appreciated and if there is anything I can do to help this situation please let me know...we have at least 20 people up here in the Somerset area that ride there at least once or twice a month.
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:29 pm

cajunman wrote:
To make a very long story short. What do the owners want?
Money? Someone to take over the lease and full responsibilities for all riders and hunters?
It seems to me like the real reason why they donít want atv's is still missing.
I will help any way I can.
At the mean time, can we still ride or itís a done deal. We will get arrested if we get caught?

PS: thanks to all the riders that are trying to make this happen. This is really a great sport for all and for the economy. I couldnt imagine what would happen if one place after another closes like in many other states.

X2.
What can we do.
Planned on riding there next Sunday the 28th. Day after auction.
Would love to park at store, but probably not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
g-man
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, TOHVA is willing to provide some guidance for us...but the first thing that is needed is one person to stand up and be willing to lead it. I don't know if that should be someone local but I would guess that would be helpful. I am gathering info that I can right now. If anyone has any of the information that has been collected previously that might be helpful.

Can we get a volunteer? (This is TENNESSEE right)
Back to top Go down
chadbenn

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Not really sure why this should be a TOHVA issue since 90% of trails reside in KY, but if noone else steps up to help, I will offer...not sure if it matters that I live in KY.
Back to top Go down
Cole795

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Seen a post from Jody T stating Auction was canceled.Advises someone from Etown bought it and plains to keep parking available.
Back to top Go down
g-man
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:04 pm

chadbenn wrote:
Not really sure why this should be a TOHVA issue since 90% of trails reside in KY, but if noone else steps up to help, I will offer...not sure if it matters that I live in KY.

I'm not really sure what "Not really sure why this should be a TOHVA issue" means. TOHVA isn't making this an "issue", they have offered guidance if someone will stand up and take the lead to try and solve this. Considering that it looks like this "issue" has stalled, I thought it was important enough to bring it up at our last meeting to see if those that have a whole lot more experience than I do could offer some suggestions on how to proceed.

While the property is in Ky....trail accesses are available from Tennessee and Tennessee riders access them from the Tennessee side.

Kentucky is welcome to handle it......please proceed....all us Tennessee boys are behind you all the way.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Kentucky seems to be throwing Adventure Tourism dollars around. Wilderness Off Road Park in Bell County got 9000 acres from the County and a bunch of money from Yamaha and Kentucky to maintain a FREE riding area. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 am

Wow! I hope that is right. I love that area. Just scratching the surface of what is over there on the Ky side. I am already planning to go back with better lights and a rope and crawl back in that cave we found to see an underground waterfall! Going a couple weeks prior to learn some single rope techniques and some caving skills! Woo hoo!

Speaking of adventure tourism...........
I saw something I want to try in KY. Torrent Falls is a beautiful waterfall with a via ferratta set up. Looks like it would be plenty of challenge for this gal seeing as I am not a climber.

I think Kentucky has the right idea!
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:40 am

You would like the ferratta at Torrent - its pretty easy to more of a traverse though .
They will fully equip you and even guide it so no worries .
You will have a good time and be sure to Visit Miguels Pizza and possibly stay at Lago Lindas resort - with cabins or camping .
We have done maybe 20 or so Ferrattas all around europe they are great for her since shes not really a climber - The ones from world war 1 in Italy are the best as they are the for real thing - the italians used them to acess the mountain passes to keep the germans from advancing and their is so much history its amazing .
We did this one the day befor we flew home just a few weeks ago it was crazy beautiful
http://www.planetmountain.com/english/news/shownews1.lasso?l=2&keyid=36921

You never know you might catch the climbing bug -
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:10 pm

darkstar wrote:
You would like the ferratta at Torrent - its pretty easy to more of a traverse though .
They will fully equip you and even guide it so no worries .

Thanks for the encouragement and the info! I doubt we'll get up there to see it til after the 1st of the new year and prolly when they reopen. We have some new friends up that way who ride so the logical thing to do would be plan a weekend of riding and climbing.

I say I'm not a climber, but that's a half truth. I USED to climb a lot. I still have my shoes, harness, chalk bag and gear. Its been a long time since I did it. I am confident I can handle a traverse and will like it. The ropes class and a via ferratta will be good motivation toward getting me back into the climbing mode. It would be good for me all around. Riding is great fun and a thrill, but I am hyperactive. Riding too much will only make my butt spread out more and does NOTHING for my fitness. I have to include hiking and other activities to be satisfied.
Will DEFINITELY remember to check out Miguels and Lago Lindas. That is one via ferratta with lots of pucker factor! Whoa Nelly! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Problems   

Back to top Go down

Pickett Problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5