Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Back2Business

PostSubject: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:55 pm

It's been 10+ years since I've road/owned atvs. I've just got a Teryx4 to get the family out of the house. I use to stomp around from Buzzards Bluff to Mount Roosevelt to Big Rock to Black Mountain, and back to Roosevelt in the same day in my youth.

I was hoping to park round the Westel exit and take the trip out to Buzzards bluff and back. Does anyone know where a safe place to park my truck and trailer in that area?
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 pm

We have a lot of riders in that area. Maybe someone will chime in.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Back2Business

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:43 am

If someone wanted to message me instead that would be fine too.
Back to top Go down
GIP
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 am

i thought part of roosevelt mountain was closed off now???
Back to top Go down
Smiley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:35 am

From what I understand the majority of Roosevelt is now gravel super-highways, but also there has been some land closed off between there and Big Rock making that loop undoable. Any more you have to have someone really familiar with the area to know that you're not getting on anyone's private property that don't want you there. I've only rode Roosevelt and Black Mtn once on seperate occasions, very good riding but having people with that know the areas would be best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cumberlandatvriders.com
Back2Business

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm still waiting on the recall be done on my Teryx4 before hitting the trails(other then the family farm). But after that I hope to team up with someone that is familiar with that area to take the family out.

Thanks for the info guys!
Back to top Go down
rzr340

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 am

I live about two miles from the access road to roosevelt from riggs chapel rd..i ride up there alot. You can still go from buzzards bluff to dogwood but you cant do it by going through whites creek, the whites creek area is closed off now. You have to ride through roosevelt to westel rd and take the paved rd up milstone mountain. You can ride all the way to big rock above the mines in crab orchard and go down and cross the interstate to get to dogwood or before you get to the very top of milstone, you can take a gravel rd down to an access rd next to the interstate and come out next to ozone falls.Take the paved rod behind ozone falls, there is a trail that cuts off of that road which will take you to dogwood...The area on milstone changes alot due to logging and land purchases so everytime i go up there, i see new no trespassing signs..i think im going to see if i can still do it in a week or two...ALot off people park at the gas station in crab orchard....or if you want to park closer to roosevelt, you can park at my house or a friend of mines up the road.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:33 am

rzr340 wrote:
I live about two miles from the access road to roosevelt from riggs chapel rd..i ride up there alot........
We live in Harriman at the bottom of Buzzards Bluff and ride up there frequently. I need to hook up with you sometime. Maybe you can show me some trails that I don't know about yet. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://boatmatetrailers.com
rzr340

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 pm

commanderjjones wrote:
rzr340 wrote:
I live about two miles from the access road to roosevelt from riggs chapel rd..i ride up there alot........
We live in Harriman at the bottom of Buzzards Bluff and ride up there frequently. I need to hook up with you sometime. Maybe you can show me some trails that I don't know about yet. Cool

8659198730 give me a call, we will hook up and ride up there..rather wait until after deer season..but im ready to ride
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 pm

rzr340 wrote:
commanderjjones wrote:
rzr340 wrote:

8659198730 give me a call, we will hook up and ride up there..rather wait until after deer season..but im ready to ride
Will do. Same here with deer season.....not much riding going on until after 1/13/13 Laughing .

What's your name? I need to put something in my phone other than "rzr340". I'm Jerry.
Back to top Go down
rzr340

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 pm

commanderjjones wrote:
rzr340 wrote:
commanderjjones wrote:
rzr340 wrote:

Will do. Same here with deer season.....not much riding going on until after 1/13/13 Laughing .

What's your name? I need to put something in my phone other than "rzr340". I'm Jerry.

My name is Scott,i live on Riggs Chapel RD.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 pm

rzr340 wrote:
My name is Scott,i live on Riggs Chapel RD.
Thanks bud. Yeah, I know where Riggs Chapel is. My wife taught over at Oakdale for several years, but she's now at Wartburg Middle.

I'll get in touch with you as soon as deer season is over here in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:59 am

I'll be in for 2 weeks.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 pm

I'd be interested in tagging along if y'all don't mind. I live in Wartburg.
Back to top Go down
rzr340

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Thats fine with me..we will set us up a ride in a few weeks..be nice to meet everybody.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Sounds good to me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Me too

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area   

Back to top Go down

Buzzards Bluff from westel/airport rd area
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1