Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 am

Loaded up and headed out last Thursday with CE, Jill, his daughter Autumn, Charlie and his wife Bernie as well as my Dad to go over and ride at Hatfield-McCoy, stayed at Ashland Resort and rode (3) trail systems Pocohantas, Pinnacle Creek and Indian Ridge. Weather was great, cool in the daytime, 40's at night, no rain.

Day 1- We rode around the upper area of Indian Ridge trails were pretty easy, except some of the blacks (# 93, 98 and 91) did have some pucker moments mixed in, just to keep it interesting. no issues.

Day 2- Took a trip up Pineville, this would turn out to be a 90 mile day through mostly easy to moderate trails, a good bit of dust but not horrible. I would say the connector between Indian Ridge and Pinnacle Creek could use some work, its a heavily used trail and needs some attention. Other than that, the trails were great and we found a great place to eat lunch (the spaghetti was really good) then headed over to DQ for a Blizzard...gotta have your priorities right...hehe. Got bak to camp around dusk, had a good day. No issues.

Day 3- Took a trip over to Bramwell, riding on the Pocohantas system, trails were tight through the woods, plenty of black, sticky, stinky mud...I loved it. Riding right through the forests up onto a hill and back into the woods again, it was my favorite trails of the trip. Found another great place to eat in Bramwell (good chicken and dumplings and a great peach cobbler with ice cream...yum) stayed in town a while and looked at all of the old homes of the millionaires from the early 1900's when the coal barons all lived in a 2 block area in Bramwell, all of the houses have been restored and are really pretty. Rode back, did about 48 miles this day, great trails, no issues.

Day 4- Loaded up the bikes, broke down the campers and convoyed the 440 miles back to the house. A great trip with great friends.

My new XP did great on all of the trails except the very rocky ones coming into and out of Pineville, I was ready to drive that thing off of a cliff when that ride was over...but it did a super job in the tight muddy trails the next day. Everything on it squeaks now, but I'll fix that with a good bath and a grease gun. All of the other bikes, including my Dad's Commander, did great as well, no breakdowns, no flats. Although those super steep hills did heat up a few belts...hehe.

Back to top Go down
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:54 am

Good deal. How did your STM clutch setup do?
Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 pm

It did pretty well, not too much belt slippage, even on the really steep climbs. Engine braking in low is great, high range, I'm still working on getting it right, its not the clutch, its the operator.

That was definately a good test for it though, some of those hills over there are really steep and really tall.
Back to top Go down
CanAmChris
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Good deal. Are you still running stock secondary or did you upgrade it also?

IM hoping there is a Box or 2 at the houes waiting whe nI get home..

My new Dobeck 3.5 showed up yesterday and The PC has been taken off and threw in the scrap pile. PLan on getting it retuned this weekend and the Box IM waiting on installed..

Gonna be putting the Powa to the Ground then.

Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Great ride report. We're headed up there in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to checking out the Pocohontas system. Bramwell sounds like an interesting town. What was the name of the place with the chicken n dumplins? We might have to check that out!
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:18 am

Yep we need to find the chicken and dumplings. I am ready. We will be there soon.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
OutlanderDan
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:03 pm

In Bramwell, there is a place called the Corner Store ( I think...its Corner something) any way just a couple of doors back up the street is a small restaurant that has menu as well as a buffet, thats where we got the chicken and dumplings, we were going to the Corner Store but its closed on Sunday. I'm kinda glad, the food at the other place was really good.

When you pull into town, park in the grassy area just across from the train museum and walk down the street, you'll see both of them on your left. Take a few minutes and walk on down the street and look at the houses, they are really interesting.

Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Sounds great - Kim and I loved that Pocohantas trail system -
I liked the conecctor trail you mentioneed as well between indian and Pinacle - at that time it was ok .
Man so you broke down and bought a STM - they are hard to dial in
I had a rage 8 on a outty that had close to 120 axle HP ot squaked like a duck but never slipped - after 3k miles my belt looked new almost LOL
But the price ---- affraid
Turned out a stock clutch with the spider mod is better for XC anyhow - that or none of us were able to dial it in .
Great TR
Glad u had fun - makes my hands sweat
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:38 am

OutlanderDan wrote:
In Bramwell, there is a place called the Corner Store ( I think...its Corner something) any way just a couple of doors back up the street is a small restaurant that has menu as well as a buffet, thats where we got the chicken and dumplings, we were going to the Corner Store but its closed on Sunday. I'm kinda glad, the food at the other place was really good.

When you pull into town, park in the grassy area just across from the train museum and walk down the street, you'll see both of them on your left. Take a few minutes and walk on down the street and look at the houses, they are really interesting.

Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...   

Back to top Go down

Hatfield - McCoy with CE and the gang...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1