Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Windrock Fall Jam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Windrock Fall Jam   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:03 pm

One of my riding buddies and I went to the Windrock Fall Jam this weekend and had an absolute blast. We went with the intention of entering two events, the Windrock Wide Open and the Windrock Challenge. Looking back, on the way home, we wished that we had entered more events and had come the day before instead of making it a one day thing.

I was in the 700+ sport ATV class of the WWO. I was impressed with the course on the practice lap and looked forward to the race. There were only 3 of us in the class on the start line sitting there for the dead engine start. I was 2nd off the line and stayed fairly close to the guy in front for the first lap but it was pretty obvious to me that he was pulling away. By the second lap, I was only seeing him in the long straights but I was still trying to catch him. I wasn’t too far from the finish line on the 2nd lap and moving on pretty good when I caught a rock out of nowhere with my back wheel. It warped the wheel pretty good and bent the bead bad enough that I lost all the air out of the tire. My race was done and I limped back to the pit area. After the race, the guy that won told me that he had wrecked and flipped the quad on it’s top after my flat so there is a chance I could have won if I hadn’t blown my tire. My buddy and I thought we could beat the wheel back out enough to possibly hold air, but no one around there had a hammer so I decided to head back out towards the campground until I found someone with a hammer and some air. I saw a fellow that looked like he had a ton of tools and sure enough, he had what I needed and was very helpful in getting me back up and running. After a lot of beating and hammering, we put the air to it and it held……it was warped and wobbly but it was holding air. He was a super nice fellow and many thanks to him for helping me to get going.

Next up for us was the Windrock Challenge. This was the main reason I wanted to attend the jam. Wow…we loved this obstacle course. We ran the course when we first arrived before the WWO so we knew what was in store for the actual event. I can’t think of anything about the course that I would change….it has it all for a wide range of vehicles. My turn came up and I wasn’t nearly as nervous as I was for the WWO. I think I was just hoping I didn’t pop that tire off the warped wheel. My run was going pretty good until I came off the teeter totter ramp. I killed it coming off the ramp….probably the easiest place on the course and I kill it. Luckily it fired back up quick and I finished my run with a 1:00: and so many tenths of a second. (I’m not sure of my time exactly) This was good enough for 1st in my class and my buddy was thinking that was good enough for first for all the classes after everything was said and done. Goodness my arms and legs were fried. Who knew a one minute obstacle course could take that much out of you? That win made destroying my wheel a little less painful though.

Overall we had a super experience with the Windrock Fall Jam. All the event staff were great and very helpful, the events seemed to move along well and things were well organized. The Windrock Challenge is the first timed event I’ve ever participated in where there were no problems with the timer. I’ve run several of those type events over the years and there is ALWAYS a problem with the timer at some point but not this time.

Great job to all those involved in putting the jam on!
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Windrock Fall Jam   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 am

They do a great job on these events. I hate I missed it. sounds fun

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down

Windrock Fall Jam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1