Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:39 pm

?
Back to top Go down
http://www.absolutetreework.com
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Not I

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:21 pm

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2867494

We finally went today - great for a family trip - we didnt do all the trails but some are ok .
Very very easy flat stuff - there were about 12 other atvs out there .
I started tracking on the road because i lose cell reception and wanted my map loaded .
Anyhow it was pretty fun .
Buggy Top Cave is not far from this and i highly reccomend it to any of you all who want to see something amazing - its a 5 mile walk round trip pretty easy - but its incredible
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Oh climbing the fire tower was deffinatly the best part .
Back to top Go down
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:43 pm

This thread is from back in the Summer. I had read somewhere else that "Franklin County was unfriendly to ATV riders". Is it permissible to ride ATVs there or not? I would like to try this area, but not if it is verboten.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberlandgal.blogspot.com/
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Hey there - No they are fine with ATVs its just that the trails are utterly boring - I saw 20 or so other atvs out there as i was going to a race and then when i went back i saw three just going wherever they want - If you are strong enough to do 3 pull ups yoou can climb the fire tower in fact i think you can climb it without being strong enough to do any - See they cut the first section of steps out so you have to kinda climb up the frame - Its was one of the best fire tower views i have ever seen and there are zero signs - In fact people climb it all the time .
But for riding - Prentice is a dream compared to Franklin
Back to top Go down
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Thanks for the response, darkstar. Since posting this I have gotten confirmation from a local who said its ok to ride in Franklin SF. No reviews by this person though. I will say this. Looking at the map I got that impression. Riding is limited and not the most exciting. I would not make a special trip to the area just for that. We're coming down next weekend to ride and hike and since we're in the area we'll probably give it a try. I bring a different perspective to the riding world. I am a hiker married to a husband who rides. I like both but I prefer traveling on my feets. He prefers traveling on 4 wheels. He likes to go go go. I like to stop and explore. I have trouble sitting still for very long. So between us both.. we compromise and we see things many folks miss. I will get off the four wheeler and crawl into caves, climb stuff, bushwhack to waterfalls, hunt wildflowers, pick up frogs, butterflies, and hunt up snakes. Prentice Cooper was blah to me, but I am a person who is looking for stuff to see and photograph in addition to riding. I need to study up the land forms in the area in order to make Prentice Cooper meaningful to me as a place to ride. I'm gonna PM you some stuff.
:-)
Back to top Go down
wolfysluv

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:42 pm

I am so looking for an easy places to ride like Prentice. I love it there, but, I'm tired of it, ya know? Let me know how this place is. Or if you have any other recommendations for SE TN (I do ride Royal Blue, but prefer somewhere closer).
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolfysluv.com
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Prentice is closed and expect it to be closed alittle longer than that normal close date .
The main road is open ----- thats it -

You want new area around here and you said you like nature walks - Id think everyone on this board would reccomend The Cove -

Also nothing wrong with Edwards Point road - just look it up and it will be super super obvious - i have about 55 mapped miles in there .
The other area is north of Taft Hwy and thats tricky but ill give you all the info you need .
If you drive up Roberts Mill road youll see a off road road on both side about half way up ....
They are spaced apart about 1/3 mile - those road will lead you to days worth if ypu can sort it all out - Thats where i ride and im still finding new stuff .
Back to top Go down
wolfysluv

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Roberts Mill Road? Legendary area right? Isnt that where the muders were? I dont know if I can talk the couple we ride with to go there lol. Unless its a diff area. Theres no private property?
Back to top Go down
wolfysluv

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Thanks a million for responding. Im in the car now to pop on by Edwards point at the very least to take a peek. Ever do Bakewell? We did and lord people got hurt. Much of that is rough rough rough. Maybe there are areas you can go without having to go through that I dont know. I know I said this before a couple years back but I def want to hook up to dide sometime Smile
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:49 pm

If you ride ATVs and want somewhere easy, try Houston Valley. I haven't been there in about 5-6 years since I have a SXS now and they aren't allowed there.
Back to top Go down
wolfysluv

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Been there once. Last year. Really diff. Crossing the creek thing thats over the seat almost makes it worth it. Lol. We are here now. Took a vid and will upload to show you to make sure its the right area
Back to top Go down
darkstar
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:03 pm

You are at Edwards point right now - should have told me - i can hit that on trails in a few mins .
Go to The Cove - Go in the easy way wand ride it .
Its no big deal - Drive to Grutlie Lager TN and go to the Birket - or Birquet cemetary - anyhow everyone knows how to get there so ask any local - also its on google maps and google terrain - got to scroll way way in .
Ride down and go both each direction you wont have anyproblems and if you dont like the creek - turn around theres so much riding - days literally if you know the top .
Its not all easy ..... but of you can find the monster cave - a cave entrace so big 3 semi trailors fit in it easy you will have had a great time .

Roberts Mill is 90 % private land -
If you ride up Roberts Mill and go left on the only dirt road there yer immediatly on private land but no body cares until you cross the bridge - if yo can find it and all - there just 2 turns .
If you go right its not private and ypu can ride along long ways - go all the way to the powerline .
Just folow the main trail and stay right or closer to the ridge - you are wanting to come out at the giant powerline cut ABOVE - soddy daisy - This will involve riding some of the Blue trail - for the good stuff - Blue trail is narrow - ive never seen a SxS on it - there is a major obvious way to eliminate it thats basically a really cool road . So you se alot of even cars on it - frnt wheel drive gettiing trashed - there are 50 ways in there .
You will be coming out near Boston Branch and i might guess thats where your local rider lives since there are several in therre .
From there turn left or east and follow powerline - but take all the side roads you can find .
You have to cross one road - the entrance road to Boston Branch - dont let anyone see you - Theres like 3 butt holes in the neighborhood that desperatly try to close everything down - Look they are so bad they kicked the ducks out of the damn Pond - said to much duck crap .......
A white duck got shot in front of a very small kid which went down very bad and made the newspaper - anyhow that butt hole is not dead yet but close .....
Ride past that road quick and keep going - take a left where you can see a cabin far far far to the right down the slope off the powerline - theres a cable there - You kida want to go left this wil avoid the insanly steep hill - youll know if you went to far ----
Go left and try to kinda stay near tthe creek when yu find it --- The will go around the steep hill however this is like 7 miles around of rough riding - real rough but not as nasty as the one spot on the hill - Nevermind the creek will be 4 feet deep now ....

That will keep ypu busy for a long long time - if you did everything i say - then go right at the end towards the cabins marked no trespassing and gated .
Find the trails arond them but DO NOT go on his porperty - even tho other people do - just find the other trails ---- Im sending you a map
Back to top Go down
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:36 am

That sounds very interesting. Kenny will want to do that with me.
Back to top Go down
mikeh

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 pm

What and where is The Cove?  Any trail maps?  Know of any other scenic areas that would be worth driving from west TN to ride sxs and 4 wheelers and camp?  Been to Prentice Cooper, Picket, Windrock, Brimstone. Love caves, waterfalls, rock formations, mines, wildlife and fun trails.
Back to top Go down
will.reed

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Search for Coppinger Cove and Bryant Cove on youtube, there's hours of videos. The easiest access is already listed in this thread, but there's another access point near Jasper, Tn. I strongly suggest having a local guide for your first trip there.
Back to top Go down
mikeh

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:16 am

Any GPS coordinates for the trail head? Is there a safe place to camp? I looked at pics on Google Earth and it looks like a very scenic area. Anybody have trail maps?
Back to top Go down
will.reed

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:36 am

There's several trail heads, but the one I'm most familiar with is on Coppinger Cove Road in Sequatchie, Tn.

Look up the Trials Training Center motorcycle resort, they offer camping and are very close to the end of the blacktop.
Back to top Go down
tosha20

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm

I know this is an old thread but we rode Franklin this past weekend. It is very easy, and a great place for the kids to learn how to drive. We are looking for easier trails now, my husband had heart surgery this past april and is on blood thinners... Darkstar, where can you park to ride those trails up on signal... what about parking at PC and riding through big fork??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN    

Back to top Go down

Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1