Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:44 am

Planning to ride Indian Ridge, Pinnacle Creek, and Pocahontas trail systems. Driving up Friday, Oct 17, staying at Ashland Resort, driving back on Monday, Oct 20. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Back to top Go down
KSCFIRE

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014   Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Can't make that one, I already have plans for that weekend. Maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014   Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:22 pm

KSCFIRE wrote:
Can't make that one, I already have plans for that weekend. Maybe next time.

Ok, maybe next year!
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014   Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Just a side note..............

I saw an episode of Fisher's ATV the other day and their featured location was the Spearhead Trail system is southwest VA (which I had never heard of until now). They currently have about 70 miles of trails but are about to connect to the Pocahontas portion of the H&M system.

Unfortunately, I can't make that weekend. I have a muzzleoader hunt scheduled in western KY.
Back to top Go down
http://boatmatetrailers.com
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014   Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:55 pm

commanderjjones wrote:

I saw an episode of Fisher's ATV the other day and their featured location was the Spearhead Trail system is southwest VA (which I had never heard of until now). They currently have about 70 miles of trails but are about to connect to the Pocahontas portion of the H&M system.

Unfortunately, I can't make that weekend. I have a muzzleoader hunt scheduled in western KY.

Really?? That's awesome! I've never heard of that trail system either? If it's open by October, we will have to check it out!

Sorry to hear that weekend won't work for y'all either.
Back to top Go down
KSCFIRE

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014   Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:20 pm

commanderjjones wrote:

Here's something I just found on another forum -

"The new SPEARHEAD Trail is about to open  
In a mere matter of weeks, the existing Hatfield-McCoy Trail system in Mercer County will be connected with the new Spearhead Trail system in Tazewell County. The unique two-state link is expected to create what tourism officials are calling an “ATV mecca” for the region.
“There is nowhere else at this point where the Spearhead Trail and the Hatfield-McCoy Trail are going to link together,” David Woodard, tourism coordinator for Tazewell County, said. “And they are only five minutes apart. The temptation factor is going to cause the Spearhead Trail riders to ride the Hatfield-McCoy Trail and the reverse is true. That’s going to create an ATV mecca. And if you look at the marketing campaign for Hatfield-McCoy and the marketing campaign for the Spearhead, the ATV world is being hit by both sides.”
With construction on the Spearhead Trail in Tazewell County now underway, Woodard said marketing efforts to promote the trail are now being doubled and don't forget Pocahontas atv resort is only a mile away from the trail head."

Just FYI
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

KSCFIRE wrote:

Here's something I just found on another forum -

"The new SPEARHEAD Trail is about to open  
In a mere matter of weeks, the existing Hatfield-McCoy Trail system in Mercer County will be connected with the new Spearhead Trail system in Tazewell County. The unique two-state link is expected to create what tourism officials are calling an “ATV mecca” for the region.
“There is nowhere else at this point where the Spearhead Trail and the Hatfield-McCoy Trail are going to link together,” David Woodard, tourism coordinator for Tazewell County, said. “And they are only five minutes apart. The temptation factor is going to cause the Spearhead Trail riders to ride the Hatfield-McCoy Trail and the reverse is true. That’s going to create an ATV mecca. And if you look at the marketing campaign for Hatfield-McCoy and the marketing campaign for the Spearhead, the ATV world is being hit by both sides.”
With construction on the Spearhead Trail in Tazewell County now underway, Woodard said marketing efforts to promote the trail are now being doubled and don't forget Pocahontas atv resort is only a mile away from the trail head."

Just FYI

Wow! Sounds great! I need to research this a little and find out how soon it's opening up. I used to watch Fisher's, but they changed the time it airs & I think it's on when I'm at work now, so I can't seem to catch it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014   

Back to top Go down

Hatfield McCoy -- October 17-19, 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1