Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:38 am

If anyone wants to join us, we're gonna head up Friday afternoon 8/29 and pitch camp at the trailhead on Blackhouse Mountain road. We'll ride Saturday and Sunday (maybe a short ride on Friday evening if we have time), then pack up to leave Monday morning 9/1.
Back to top Go down
http://boatmatetrailers.com
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:51 pm

I'll try to go.
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:24 am

Not sure yet what we are going to do. Pickett is probably out due to the distance & lack of lodging options. We talked about going to WR, but they don't have any cabins available. We might just go up for the day or ride PC. Bryant's Cove might be an option if we had a guide. Oh Will Reed... Where are you? Lol  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:29 pm

georgiagirl wrote:
Not sure yet what we are going to do. Pickett is probably out due to the distance & lack of lodging options........
It would only take about 45 minutes more than it would to get to WR.

I was looking at Pickett State Park on Google Earth and it looks like you can take the dirt road directly across the highway from the campground entrance over to the trailhead. If there's no vacancy at the state park, there's a place about 15 minutes before you get to Black House Mountain road called Maple Hill RV Park & Cabins. http://www.maplehillrv.com/ We've stayed there once and it's a nice place.......very reasonable rates and the lady that runs it is SUPER nice. You'd just have to trailer about 15 minutes to BHM road, and another 10 minutes down that road to where we'd be camped.
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks for the info Jerry. I'll talk to Gary & see what he says. I had looked online at the state park cabins a few weeks ago & they require a 3 night minimum on holiday weekends. I'll check out this other place, if Gary talks favorably about going. He just thought since we already had our annual permits for WR, that we might go there. Also, he has to work on Monday, so we wouldn't get to ride long on Sunday, if at all (?). We will talk about it & see what we can come up with.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:26 pm

georgiagirl wrote:
.....We will talk about it & see what we can come up with.
Gotcha. We'd love to see you guys......but if not, then we understand.

I'd really like for y'all to see Pickett.....while we can still ride there. I hear that it won't be long before the riding there is over with. Sad 
Back to top Go down
bigcat
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:55 pm

I am going to try and make it. Has been a while since I have rode Pickett.
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:19 pm

What time do y'all plan on getting up there Friday?
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:49 am

georgiagirl wrote:
What time do y'all plan on getting up there Friday?
We'll just have to play it by ear. We can't leave until Carol and the kids get out of school, but we'll have the camper packed and ready to roll as soon as they get home. They should be home around 4:30, so that should put us there before 6:00 unless we run into issues. By the time we get there and set up camp, it will be dinner time and we'll have to scrounge up some firewood, so we probably won't get to squeeze in a ride on Friday night.
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:58 am

Can you cover most of the points of interest up there in one day?
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:16 am

georgiagirl wrote:
Can you cover most of the points of interest up there in one day?
We could try. I think we could make it to several of them, but not all.
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:47 am

Jerry, I guess we will have to pass this time for Pickett. I can't talk Gary into going. Think we are just going to ride Windrock. Thanks for the invite.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:56 am

georgiagirl wrote:
Jerry, I guess we will have to pass this time for Pickett. I can't talk Gary into going. Think we are just going to ride Windrock.  Thanks for the invite.
We'll miss you guys. Maybe we'll see y'all around Thanksgiving???
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:24 pm

commanderjjones wrote:
georgiagirl wrote:
Jerry, I guess we will have to pass this time for Pickett. I can't talk Gary into going. Think we are just going to ride Windrock.  Thanks for the invite.
We'll miss you guys. Maybe we'll see y'all around Thanksgiving???

Yep! We plan to be there (WR) the weekend after Thanksgiving (11/28-11/29)! Oh Yeah 

Also, the weekend after Christmas too! (12/26-12/27)

Would like to try & get a PC ride in too sometime this fall if we can work around their hunt closures.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:43 pm

georgiagirl wrote:
.....Would like to try & get a PC ride in too sometime this fall if we can work around their hunt closures.
I'd be game for that if it didn't interfere with my hunting schedule. After the Toys For Tots ride at Royal Blue on 9/27, my "just for fun" riding will pretty much be done until Thanksgiving. I have hunts planned for nearly every weekend of October and November.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:37 pm

bigcat wrote:
You still planning to come up this weekend?
Back to top Go down
bigcat
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:53 pm

commanderjjones wrote:
bigcat wrote:
You still planning to come up this weekend?

Not sure yet. Still sick. Just now realized I spoke up for this ride and WR. I must be losing my mind or getting old one.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:27 pm

Laughing I know the feeling. I used to think I would get wiser with age. Now I am starting to think that the older I get, the less I know.

Hope ya get to feeling better. Regardless of where ya go, I hope you feel up to getting out SOMEwhere. Sitting at home and sick on Labor Day weekend would be a real bummer.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Both BC Both LOL

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
bigcat
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:33 pm

pwm wrote:
Both BC Both LOL

That would be an adventure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bamagirl
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:08 pm

It is a long weekend so it could be done!
Just trying to help any way I can! Lol
Back to top Go down
http://dixiedrifters.12.forumer.com/
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Friday at WR, Saturday at Pickett? Lol
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:10 am

georgiagirl wrote:
Friday at WR, Saturday at Pickett? Lol
That sounds like a plan. Cool
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:59 pm

oldmustangjunkie wrote:
I'll try to go.
You still gonna try to make it? We have another family from Wartburg that will be with us. I didn't realize you are from Wartburg until I saw it in your profile on WRATV. Although we live in Harriman, my wife teaches up there and all 3 of my kids go there.
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:19 pm

I wish we were going up there for at least one day. Gonna seem weird not riding in a group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   

Back to top Go down

Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next