Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:58 pm

georgiagirl wrote:
I wish we were going up there for at least one day. Gonna seem weird not riding in a group.
Yeah, I wish you guys were coming......but I understand the extra drive, and the sleeping situation. Hopefully the trails will remain open long enough that y'all can come with us sometime......maybe next spring around Memorial Day. Because it's so far out in the middle of nowhere and usually involves us camping, we always try to go on long weekends like Memorial Day, July 4th, or Labor Day. Loading/unloading the camper and setting up/tearing down camp just doesn't seem worth it unless we get to ride for at least 2 days.
Back to top Go down
http://boatmatetrailers.com
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:12 pm

I suggested to Gary a few weeks ago that we could ride WR Friday, stay in Oak Ridge & drive up to Pickett Saturday morning to ride with y'all, but he didn't go for it. Sad  Maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:28 pm

georgiagirl wrote:
I suggested to Gary a few weeks ago that we could ride WR Friday, stay in Oak Ridge & drive up to Pickett Saturday morning to ride with y'all, but he didn't go for it. Sad  Maybe next time.
Tell him that Hunter said to quit being a stick in the mud. Laughing
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 pm

commanderjjones wrote:
georgiagirl wrote:
Tell him that Hunter said to quit being a stick in the mud. Laughing

Lol right! Laughing

Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 pm

commanderjjones wrote:
oldmustangjunkie wrote:
I'll try to go.
You still gonna try to make it? We have another family from Wartburg that will be with us. I didn't realize you are from Wartburg until I saw it in your profile on WRATV. Although we live in Harriman, my wife teaches up there and all 3 of my kids go there.
I'm going to try to make it. What time Sat. are you hitting the trails and where are you leaving from?
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 am

oldmustangjunkie wrote:
commanderjjones wrote:
oldmustangjunkie wrote:
I'll try to go.
You still gonna try to make it? We have another family from Wartburg that will be with us. I didn't realize you are from Wartburg until I saw it in your profile on WRATV. Although we live in Harriman, my wife teaches up there and all 3 of my kids go there.
I'm going to try to make it.  What time Sat. are you hitting the trails and where are you leaving from?
We will try to hit the trail around 9am. We're camping right on the side of the road. I'm guessing you're familiar with where everyone normally parks at the fork? Well, we'll be out the left fork (heading toward the trails) about a mile. You can't miss my green F250 and red enclosed trailer/camper. We're going up Friday night and will be camping all weekend. We'll be up bright and early to cook breakfast and get everything ready to go for the day, so feel free to come earlier than 9:00 if you want.
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:47 am

Are you talking about where Black House Mtn splits with Spraughs Ridge Rd or further out? I usually go in from Sunnybrook.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:06 am

oldmustangjunkie wrote:
Are you talking about where Black House Mtn splits with Spraughs Ridge Rd or further out?  I usually go in from Sunnybrook.
Oh, I didn't realize you came in from Sunnybrook. Yes, we'll be on Black House Mountain Road.
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:23 pm

No problem. Can you give me a more precise location? GPS coordinates would be great. BHM Rd splits numerous times but I'm somewhat familiar with the area and have Dan's maps so If you are near the intersection of T1 and TXX. I can find you.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:16 am

Well, I have Dan's maps, but unfortunately I'm already at work this morning and the GPS is at home. I'll try to check in before we leave this afternoon and give you the coordinates.......but you can't miss us. Just go to the left at the first fork and we'll be about a mile out on the right. It is near T1, but I'm not sure what TXX is. I guess I've never noticed that on the map.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:55 am

I looked it up on Google Earth. Where we will be camping is 36*34'11"N x 84*51'32.45"W, elevation 1684'.
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:14 am

Hope y'all have a great time at Pickett this weekend! We'll miss y'all!
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:14 am

Does this look right?

Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:34 am

oldmustangjunkie wrote:
Does this look right?
Yeap, that's us. No way you can miss us. Cell reception is hit or miss up there, but I'm gonna PM my number to you.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:34 pm

We had a great ride Saturday. We rode a couple of trails (or sections of) that I had never been on before. We started by going to Tea Cup, then further out to Blowing Hole cave, out to Dry Hollow church before looping back, then ended the day by running car hauler trail....which I have never done on a SXS before.

It was nice meeting Brian and Amber. Luckily they had a GPS because I was in a rush when we left and forgot mine.

Some friends of ours (Bill & Melody and their kids Carley and Colton) went with us in their Teryx4. This wasn't their "first" riding trip, but they are still very new to off-roading, so this was quite an adventure. Bill handled it like a champ, although he did mention some "puckering" on the ledge below car hauler.

I think we got about 35 quality miles in, with no incidents and good weather.

It came a GULLY WASHER up there Saturday night, so Bill & crew packed up that morning during a break in the rain. After looking at the radar, we decided to pack up as well and came home later that evening. I was REALLY wanting to ride again on Sunday, but didn't wanna go it alone and didn't wanna get soaked either.

We didn't cover as much as we wanted to, but all trails seem to be open still....although we did see a couple of signs and gates that weren't closed......yet.
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:06 pm

Glad y'all had a good ride. Sorry the weather cut your weekend short.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest   

Back to top Go down

Labor Day ride at Pickett state forest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2