Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCATVRCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:31 pm by tosha20

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

» Hatfield McCoy Closing Some Trails
Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:51 pm by georgiagirl

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

S3 ATV Salvage

QSC

May 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

New Place in NC Found!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dkoogler

PostSubject: New Place in NC Found!!   Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:17 am

I am stoked. I had heard that it was still possible to ride the area of Stateline from the Murphy, NC side. The Fain Ford tract is indeed still rideable. Check this out!

Durhamtown-Tellico

I have long wanted to get back over there to find out.
Told Kenny last night. A vision is rising in my Crystal Ball of the Future....
I see us riding there, camping there, exploring there. FINALLY getting back to some waterfalls I visited on foot in the past.

Looking forward to making a new friend in the area and learning what there is to see and do!

Love that out of the way place. I'm gonna bring him over here to the forum and make sure he knows what a resource this is.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberlandgal.blogspot.com/
Bamagirl
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:58 am

Western North Carolina is an awesome place with lots of exploring ops. I love that area too. There are some great gravel roads to explore right off the Cherohala skyway with some roadside camps and a few other campgrounds along the river/creek. I've got to get back up and explore that area more.
Back to top Go down
http://dixiedrifters.12.forumer.com/
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:25 am

I used to jeep that area many years ago. You could start around Indian Boundry and jeep all the way over into Murphy. That was way before the Skyway was built. The Skyway was the original jeep trail.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:27 am

I kept hearing that was gonna happen, then it wasn't, then it was, etc.... Glad to see it finally opened. Gonna have to go down there and check it out. Used to ride Tellico a lot when I was younger and my buddies and I all had Jeeps.
Back to top Go down
http://boatmatetrailers.com
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:52 pm

I don't care anything about rock crawling, but we liked the area. We found out from a relative who went down there riding about another place because him and some buddies went. We turned around and went right behind him. We found it via his directions and had an awesome time. I won't say where since that area is ridden by locals ,but you're not really supposed to do it. I have always heard about that feeling of being watched. I had never experienced it personally until the last time we went riding there. I KNEW someone was watching, but I could not tell anything except what general direction I felt it coming from. It was a *#@$ trail cam the forestry service or game wardens put up to catch folks. Makes a gal want to get out and destroy the camera. Destroy the evidence. The only thing that stopped me from it was wondering if there were more and would they then see me busting it up.

Better now since I know a legal way to get to enjoy the area behind it. I've got lots of hiking, camping, riding and exploring I want to do in that area.
Back to top Go down
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:56 pm

PWM-- I worked with a very nice lady from Blount County herebouts who was a jeepin' mama. She had one and her hubby had one. They'd take their kids and go wheeling and huckleberryin'. I loved hearing her stories about those times. She was fun to work with and she taught me a BUNCH of stuff about how to run a hospital unit. Between Ms Twaylinda and Ms Janice I could run that place!
I came in to work one night and was the Unit Secretary, the monitor technician, and admitted a patient in room 1223 for a transplant that morning! That woman knew her some jeeping, rock crawling, and she could hustle when it came to working. She set an awesome example for me. Kinda person you wanted to be friends with and work with and make 'em proud.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Cool.

I really miss my jeeping and rock crawling days.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Found out that before we ever got to go experience this place.. it is closed.
Back to top Go down
commanderjjones
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Already closed???!!! Is that the place everyone referred to as Brown Mountain?
Back to top Go down
http://boatmatetrailers.com
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:48 pm

No. That's a different place further east. This was something I was looking forward to. Durhamtown Tellico Off Road. It was back behind where the former Upper Tellico OHV area was. They got into some sort of squabble over siltation of streams again. Sounds like another mess similar to what lost us Upper Tellico to begin with. That outfit has a place in North Georgia that is still open, but I won't be making a special trip down there for that. It doesn't look all that great. I was planning on renting a cabin and doing a day of riding and a day of hiking/exploring around Murphy, NC. Now I'll have to just go hike and explore. Still be fun, but its a shame really.
Back to top Go down
dkoogler

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm

This is Brown Mountain OHV

Here is another link with directions and maps how to get there. It is located near Mortimer.Map and Directions for Brown Mtn. OHV

There is also Wayehutta OHV
I recently saw a post by someone on Facebook and Wayehutta WILL accomodate side by sides and larger machines. They had one pictured.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Place in NC Found!!   

Back to top Go down

New Place in NC Found!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1