Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tennessee Tornado
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:42 pm

Thats me biting my shoe so i dont say anything!!!! I am SO UPSET!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeTornado
REPOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Tennessee_Tornado wrote:
Thats me biting my shoe so i dont say anything!!!! I am SO UPSET!!!

Upset about what......
Back to top Go down
THE ROXSTAR D
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:32 pm

White creek sounds like a fasicst left wing liberal, Good luck with getting this area reopened and god bless you men and women

Last edited by bigbluegrizzd on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
big red don

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:56 pm

A very misinformed product of our liberal colleges. Kids this is what happens when you smoke too much pot and eat funny colored mushrooms. Fries the rational part of the mind. The problem is there is no hope for someone like this. You can find this guy at a baby killer rally at a court house near you. Save a tree kill the unborn. what a miserable excuse for a human being. JMHO
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:08 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
bmccloud

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:10 pm

If we get enough people involved it would be opened up. There are lots more i have spoken to that feel the same way we do but do not use computers or do not know about this site i just recently was informed about it by one of your members. thanks

Whites creek thinks because he ownes a small part of the land this road crosses he can do whatever he wants, this is not always the case, I have studied situations like this one and the land owners got a suprise, i dont think he realizes what kind of road he is trying to block.
This road is an old stagecoach road that had a hotel and houses on it at one time and was used by traveling settlers years ago plus it is on the county road list.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 pm

big red don wrote:
A very misinformed product of our liberal colleges. Kids this is what happens when you smoke too much pot and eat funny colored mushrooms. Fries the rational part of the mind. The problem is there is no hope for someone like this. You can find this guy at a baby killer rally at a court house near you. Save a tree kill the unborn. what a miserable excuse for a human being. JMHO

I knew there was a reason I liked you! think cheers

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:23 pm

This does not change a thing folks. What we need is positive action. Name calling and finger pointing is not the answer.

I think first we need to find out if what he has done is legal. I know someone is working to find out and we will find out. Second, All ATV riders should be more respectful of the area's that they ride in. A little Human consideration when we are out on the trails is all it takes. You know that it is wrong to Litter so why do it. Only one word comes to mind. LAZY.

Mr. Scarborough surely has his right to privacy within the bounderies of his property. If he is outside his boundries and has closed off a Public Road then something should be said about that.

The Adopt a Trail program is my answer to educate and try to keep other area's from being closed up. We have a good start at a good thing.

I picked the Black Mountain (Crab Orchard) area for two reasons. One it needs help. There is alot of trash up there especially around the Campsites down by the Dogwood Bridge.

The Second reason is that it is in our backyard. For most of us it is a 10 minute ride from our house.
We need to keep this program going and hopefully with enough help expand it to some of other favorite riding areas such as Pickett.

Have a Good Evening and Ride Safe!
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:47 pm

I'm glad you said it. I was going to write something to that effect, but with a little less tact. I admit I do not agree with alot of stuff in his blog, but so what. His right to voice his opinion is part of what makes this country great.(re: 1st amendment). What good did those previous posts do? I edited my earlier post, because my opening statement was not conducive to the cause. I will stop now. I can feel "less tact" coming on.

Last edited by crosseyed on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 pm

crosseyed wrote:
I'm glad you said it. I was going to write something to that effect, but with a little less tact. I admit I do not agree with alot of stuff in his blog, but so what. His right to voice his opinion is part of what makes this country great.(re: 1st amendment). What good did those previous posts do? I edited my earlier post, because my opening statement was conducive to the cause. I will stop now. I can feel "less tact" coming on. I also edi

I did too.. I probably wrote my words out of anger or something like that. After thinking about it a few days I changed my mine. That is my right also. Not sure what amendment that is covered under, but I am sure it is. Very Happy

Last edited by Rooster on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
powerbomb400

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:10 pm

But if its a county road and ya'll help keep it clean then there is no reason why it he can block the right-a-way?
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:20 pm

powerbomb400 wrote:
But if its a county road and ya'll help keep it clean then there is no reason why it he can block the right-a-way?

That is what we are trying to find out. If he is even legal in closing off this road. We need to find out if there is state land that this road gives access to. I don't really care if I ever get to ride this area. I just don't want people to be able to close off areas on a whim without legal right. I really don't blame the guy for not wanting atv riders on his property. Most people are not as considerate as most of us are when it comes to trash and trail etiquette. I would be the same way if people were trashing my land.
Back to top Go down
Bald Eagle
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 pm

There's always room in my box for a trash bag.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/BaldEagle7164?vhost=community
Tennessee Tornado
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Rooster wrote:
crosseyed wrote:
I'm glad you said it. I was going to write something to that effect, but with a little less tact. I admit I do not agree with alot of stuff in his blog, but so what. His right to voice his opinion is part of what makes this country great.(re: 1st amendment). What good did those previous posts do? I edited my earlier post, because my opening statement was conducive to the cause. I will stop now. I can feel "less tact" coming on. I also edi

I did to.. I probably wrote my words out of anger or something like that. After thinking about it a few days I changed my mine. That is my right also. Not sure what amendment that is covered under, but I am sure it is. Very Happy

Thats why I still havent commented....... I have to wait until the anger goes away and I can speak rationally.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeTornado
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Bald Eagle wrote:
There's always room in my box for a trash bag.

I always carry one too. Just when we are out with a group it is hard to stop and pick up trash if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
MedicMomma
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:51 am

I rode here a few years ago.....it was such a pretty ride. Such a shame that ignorant lazy people ruin things for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Bald Eagle
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:26 am

You said a mouthful MedicMomma.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/BaldEagle7164?vhost=community
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off   

Back to top Go down

Sandy Bottom, Rockwood Overlook Closed Off
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3