Cumberland ATV Riders

ATV's & UTV's & Proud Supporters of our Troops!

HomeCalendarSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Bledsoe State Forest Riding--Anyone Been?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am by dkoogler

» Big Bottom Unit TWRA
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 pm by dkoogler

» Mobile Two-Way Radio
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm by ranger tim

» Any one ever ride Franklin State Park or Natural area TN
Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm by tosha20

» Tackett Creek?
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:03 pm by bigcat

» Skyline WMA
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm by pwm

» 2010 Polaris Ranger 800XP $8000.00 SOLD
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm by ranger tim

» New Machine!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm by dkoogler

» New Place in NC Found!!
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm by dkoogler

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Links
Mud-Throwers

Atv Trail Tunes

Four Wheelin Expeditions

QSC

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Hit Counter
hit counters

Share | 

Cool Beans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Cool Beans   Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Let's start off this new Section with a Survey.

Who has a GPS and What Make and Model?

I have the Garmin Vista HCx. Got it because of the Color Screen, It will accept a memory card and the price was right at Walmart.com. They don't sell these in the store but you can get online.

I am still learning how to make it work for me. I scratch my head everytime I turn it on. But the more I use it the more I like it.

Let's here about your GPS.
Back to top Go down
Bootlegger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:06 am

I got a Garmin E-Trex Venture HC.

Cumberland ATV Riders

Back to top Go down
http://bootleggerperformance.weebly.com/
Big Gun
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:37 am

I dont know much about them but I would like to get one eventually. They seem to come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Grizz
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:40 am

I got the same one you got Rooster. I absolutely love mine. I almost got a cheaper one, but glad I got the one I did now.
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:37 am

kchev wrote:
I got the same one you got Rooster. I absolutely love mine. I almost got a cheaper one, but glad I got the one I did now.

We were out yesterday and jShort had the Legend. He was having trouble picking up Satelites. I am not sure of the difference in mine and his but I never have trouble thru the trees and stuff.

I checked on Walmart.com and they have the Vista HCx for $229. I paid $219 a month ago.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:43 am

I have a 60c and I really like it. I have a Nuvi 260 for the truck.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
g-man
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:51 am

I have a Nuvi 350 for the Motorcycle and Truck.....I have a Magellan 2200T that I want to get trail maps for and use with my Grizzly.
Back to top Go down
pwm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:40 pm

g-man wrote:
I have a Nuvi 350 for the Motorcycle and Truck.....I have a Magellan 2200T that I want to get trail maps for and use with my Grizzly.
I had a 350 until someone in Nashville wanted it. They don't make them anymore.

PP Windshield F&B, EMP EXT Bumper, Warn 40XT, Kobalt Box, Backwoods Armor 2" Lift/Arched Forward A-Arms, ProArmor Doors, DJ Fab Heat Shield, KFI Front Hitch, UTV Tech Mud Guard & Grill Insert, Crow 4-point Harness, Hi Lift Jack, 27" Horns, SS108's, Garmin 76csx, IPOD 80GB w/Otter Box, ATV Trail Tunes Sounds, Dual Battery Setup,  2-way Radio, PWM Built Spare Tire/Gas Carrier, Diamond Back Top & Floor Mats, HID's, FlexSteel Seats

PWM's Pix

Back to top Go down
Grizz
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Quote :
We were out yesterday and jShort had the Legend. He was having trouble picking up Satelites. I am not sure of the difference in mine and his but I never have trouble thru the trees and stuff.

I checked on Walmart.com and they have the Vista HCx for $229. I paid $219 a month ago

That is where I got mine from also. I got a set of the maps from Amazon also and it is great. It shows alot of detail of Coves and such in remote areas.
Back to top Go down
g-man
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:14 pm

pwm wrote:
g-man wrote:
I had a 350 until someone in Nashville wanted it. They don't make them anymore.

This one is a nice little refurbished unit for $100, I bought one and it can be upgraded to a crossover and use TOPO maps as well.

Msgellan 2200T
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:28 pm

kchev wrote:
Quote :

I checked on Walmart.com and they have the Vista HCx for $229. I paid $219 a month ago

That is where I got mine from also. I got a set of the maps from Amazon also and it is great. It shows alot of detail of Coves and such in remote areas.

Yea I got the Topo Map also for the Garmin. It is alot better then looking at a Blank Screen.
Back to top Go down
g-man
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:49 am

g-man wrote:
This one is a nice little refurbished unit for $100, I bought one and it can be upgraded to a crossover and use TOPO maps as well.

Msgellan 2200T

The latest word I have received is that topo maps are not available for the crossovers....I don't think the person understands what I am asking so I am continuing to dig deeper.
Back to top Go down
Bigmike

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:56 pm

I have an old Magellan Sportrak Map. Had it for 6 or 7 (maybe longer) years. I got the topo map program for it but it only holds 8mg. When I bought this one the units that would take a memory card were VERY expensive. I have a lot of tracks for Royal Blue in it.
Back to top Go down
Venture420

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:00 pm

i got a garmin venture cx. i just ordered the street maps it should be at my house tommrow even though i wont be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guidedgps.com
bamajeepjunkie
TCM Race Team

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:33 pm

i got one of these the features are great but somewhat weak signal, it came with topo map, waterways, and roadways

also have one of these but features stink great signal though

and i have a dell axim x51v w/ gps and nav software this thing is awesome for in car nav, storefronts, shopping areas and wifi web browsing
Back to top Go down
M.A.D. MAN

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:40 pm

garmin rino 120, just got it and it seems to be ok so far, still trying to figure it out, my first gps
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:26 pm

Looking at a gps. Seems like everybody is using a garmin vista hcx, is this the standard? how easy is this to use?
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:42 pm

ollie wrote:
Looking at a gps. Seems like everybody is using a garmin vista hcx, is this the standard? how easy is this to use?

It is the one that I have. It will do everything you want. It has a Memory Card Slot, Color Screen, and Most Excellent Sat. Reception. In fact I have never lost a signal yet under heavy tree cover or anything. I know that some of the lower end (Cheaper) units have trouble picking up signal in heavy foliage.

I got mine from Walmart.Com and it was 219.00. I see now they are 254.00. Still worth it in my opinion.

If you get it go ahead and get the Ram Mount. I got the one with the Adjustable Ball. It fits right onto your handle bars and no worries about losing your GPS. It holds it in there snug. I think it cost around 35.00.

Here is the Website I ordered it from:

http://www.gpscity.com/ramb149ga16
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks. rather have a unit that everybody is using that way its a little easier to train on using. hail
Back to top Go down
Rooster
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:50 pm

ollie wrote:
Thanks. rather have a unit that everybody is using that way its a little easier to train on using. hail

Well not everyone uses the same model. But, The Garmins Interface is similiar across there line so it is not hard to help someone else. Most of the menus are the same.

I just figured I could spend 170.00 and get the so...so... model or step up a little to the Memory Card, Color Screen and Better Reception.

It takes a little time to get use to using it but it is not to hard.

Hope all this helps and let is know what you end up with.
Back to top Go down
ollie
CATVR Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:14 am

I will, thanks again! like the idea of staying with a garmin. Old one is 4 years old. Donated it to the fire dept. Got to get me a new one.
Back to top Go down
g-man
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:08 am

I have just taken possession of a Garmin GPSV....I am looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Venture420

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:52 am

my garmin was on amazon for 110 shop around and make the best use of search engines to get the best bang for your buck. this unit does really well on the trail however from time to time it gets turned around when geocaching. I found it works best when it is on the handle bar instead of being held.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guidedgps.com
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:35 pm

Rooster wrote:
Who has a GPS and What Make and Model?

Let's here about your GPS.
I have a GArmin 76CSx handlebar mounted with a Ram mount.

I would like one of those that has a Qwerty keyboard so that I could add notations quickly. This one is note capable but a note is very difficult and time consuming to create.

In the last two years I have collected over 400 tracks of the North Cumberland WMA, Coal Creek and Brimstone areas. I now have bought software and developed a method of generating Garmin images that install all of this info onto a programmable Garmin. I have created a road-trail image map, a hydro map, a topo map, a WMA map, and have started building a POI map... all simultaneously displayed on the GPSr screen. The screen is quite busy with the topo visible, so I only turn it on/off as needed. I don't have property lines for Brimstone and Coal Creek but will add those in if I can get the info. I don't have all the trails yet for some of the areas, and some trail changes have been made recently that I haven't captured... so this is a continuing work in progress. I'm also working on making the road-trail image routeable, but I haven't found my bug problem as yet. More and more challenges keep popping up. I am hoping to be able to market the Garmin compatible images sometime within the next year.

I am also working on an computerized version of this same area so that a person can edit/print areas of interest. This one will be free...

My problem is that I don't have all the data collected yet. I've been working on collecting data now for over two years. It is really a time consuming task to collect the data. I need another trail ride... and another... and another. These last 28 months, I've ridden over 5700 miles collecting data and other riding. I like three riders max on a data collecting ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Beans   

Back to top Go down

Cool Beans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1